Nerf sm_thirdperson

Discussion for the Fun server at: 66.151.244.49:27015

Nerf sm_thirdperson

by Zeno293 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:56 am

reasons:

During VSH when Hale taunts and stuns nearby players, people can just do sm_thirdperson to toggle back to firstperson, ignoring the stun
Avoid enemy tauntkills suchah Huntsman/Holiday Punch
Can skip some seconds on taunts suchas Buffalo, as after mini crits are gained a person can quickly toggle it to firstperson to skip the very few seconds (that do matter) during any heavy boxxing match, or anything that does this aswell, like the Crit-A-Cola/Bonk!/Sanvich/Amputator
Skip taunts. Say if I miss the kill with the Spy's Knife, I can quickly skip a few seconds so I'm not backstabbed/killed
6:18 PM - Phantasmal Rez: I am no longer mama rez
6:18 PM - Zeno: ok pappa rez
Zeno293
Donator
Community tryharder that makes 8yrs rage

Re: Nerf sm_thirdperson

by GoDM1N » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:57 pm

We don't need to nerf it, people just need to stop abusing shit and finding ways to exploit things like this. So far the only people I've seen do this are non-donors, so once we go back to where only donors can do !thridperson it should stop.
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Prof_Schwartz » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:56 pm

I'll admit it to doing it once, i was with you Godmin, and we were laughing and you threatened to ban me (lolol) but i haven't done it since. and we weren't playing seriously yet, there were like 3 admins and 2 regulars popping a server. but still. ppl shouldnt do it
Prof_Schwartz

by GoDM1N » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Prof_Schwartz wrote:I'll admit it to doing it once, i was with you Godmin, and we were laughing and you threatened to ban me (lolol) but i haven't done it since. and we weren't playing seriously yet, there were like 3 admins and 2 regulars popping a server. but still. ppl shouldnt do it

Yea when we're popping/messing around its different, but when people are using it as part of the gameplay to bypass important elements like the Saxton taunt its a totally different story.
GoDM1N
Donator

by Zeno293 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:21 am

I would still say to remove it (or modify) as having donor is Image

Apparently, skipping the stun for people who did pay the five+ dollars would be able to do this, therefore having benefits suchas skipping class locks, this, etc. making donor not just cosmetic
6:18 PM - Phantasmal Rez: I am no longer mama rez
6:18 PM - Zeno: ok pappa rez
Zeno293
Donator
Community tryharder that makes 8yrs rage

by GoDM1N » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Zeno293 wrote:I would still say to remove it (or modify) as having donor is Image

Apparently, skipping the stun for people who did pay the five+ dollars would be able to do this, therefore having benefits suchas skipping class locks, this, etc. making donor not just cosmetic

Third person isn't meant to be used like that however, so assuming someone is doing it they're exploiting and will be dealt with. Also what "no premium benefits" means is donors don't get things like all crit, godmode, etc etc. People getting reserved slots doesn't screw over non-donors like the other things would, and in that case it doesn't even kick them out of the server like other communities do.
GoDM1N
Donator

Return to Love Nest (Fun Server)