Trade Server Feedback

Discussion for the trade server at: 66.221.253.125:27019

Trade Server Feedback

by Shadow the Past » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Just thought I'd throw this in here to see what people are thinking of the changes to the trade server.

One, I think the new map is a good, long overdue change. The old map was boring as hell, as all you could do was an obstacle course (if you could find it), and then just stand around in the courtyard with everyone else. People might argue that all the killing on the new map is a distraction to trading, but I believe it is keeping everyone occupied instead of standing around twiddling our thumbs. People are less likely to leave because they actually have something to do. I haven't seen a single trade server that doesn't let you kill people besides critsandviches, and I'm glad to see it get out of that status. (I've only seen one of the new maps, though.)

Two, on the !bp command, it pops up saying "these ads help support our servers, yada yada", but since I don't have some plugin installed to run the ad, I can't actually view someone's backpack. I know I could just be not lazy and install the plugin, but this would be an inconvenience to other players who are only visiting the server once or twice.

If I could throw in a recommendation, perhaps implementing a roll the dice mod would be a good idea. Again, just something to keep everybody entertained while killing each other.

Feel free to post your thoughts here too.
Shadow the Past

Re: Trade Server Feedback

by Failhorse » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:02 pm

I have a really big half finished map.
It's a giant maze with the tower of lost souls.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Ninja » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:37 pm

needs goomba stomp.
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by Jettrax » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Ninja wrote:needs goomba stomp.

Oh you... Piss more people off with that stupid plugin why don't ya. It's only 50% of the reason people still hate FB2. People are still complaining about it on doomsday.
Jettrax
Donator

by duck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:54 pm

im going to be blunt, the admins make no attempt to populate (i saw fencer do it once)
duck

by Shadow the Past » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:13 pm

not digging the maze map. it's just going to be like the last map with the obstacle course being the only real thing to do, then everyone just standing around doing nothing after they figure it out.

also remove the respawn time
Shadow the Past

by Jettrax » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Shadow the Past wrote:not digging the maze map. it's just going to be like the last map with the obstacle course being the only real thing to do, then everyone just standing around doing nothing after they figure it out.

Jettrax
Donator

by Failhorse » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Shadow the Past wrote:not digging the maze map. it's just going to be like the last map with the obstacle course being the only real thing to do, then everyone just standing around doing nothing after they figure it out.

also remove the respawn time

But wait there's more. Haven't found nearly everything yet.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Shadow the Past » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:00 pm

Jettrax wrote:

how dare i offer feedback for a dying server

how dare i
Shadow the Past

by Jettrax » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Shadow the Past wrote:
Jettrax wrote:

how dare i offer feedback for a dying server

how dare i

I just felt like reviving your old nickname
Jettrax
Donator

by Fencerboy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Trade server isn't dying, if anything its being REvived.

duck wrote:im going to be blunt, the admins make no attempt to populate (i saw fencer do it once)

Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by Shadow the Past » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Jettrax wrote:I just felt like reviving your old nickname

i completely forgot about that lol
Shadow the Past

Return to Trade Server