WTF trading

Discussion for the trade server at: 66.221.253.125:27019

WTF trading

by Hatred » Tue May 17, 2011 8:42 am

ok so i never trade and dont get any of this "value" stuff....

first WTF makes vintage worth more the only difference is its got a blue name and the word vintage ..... how does that make something worth more ?

second WTF makes some items worth whatever keys = ... i mean some hats are 8$ and some 5$ and a key is 2.50$ ..... but ppl are like this is worth this and that and im like wtf realy wtf are you talking about ..... i mean the man store says what something is worth i can understand some items cant be bought or crafted making them more valuable .... but i just dont get it at all .... if a hat is worth 10$ on the store wouldnt that make it worth ... i dont know 4 keys ?

third ... wtf is with bills hat yes its a promo item for any class .... but what makes it worth anything more than say the alien swarm hat .... bills hat doesnt even look good on most classes FFS ...

thanks for your time derp
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

Re: WTF trading

by Trauma Advocate » Tue May 17, 2011 8:51 am

There are two concepts to keep in mind when calculating value. They are RARITY and DESIRABILITY, alternately, SUPPLY and DEMAND.

While regular yellow hats are found every day, Vintage hats will never be found again. They're a testament to a bygone era of TF2 and some people like the (perceived) prestige that comes with owning them.

As for promotions, everyone and their mother can download the free game Alien Swarm and earn an alien parasite promotional hat, making it as worthless as a gibus. But only the people that preordered L4D2 got a Bill's Hat. Compared to other promotions this is a very valuable hat because not only is it a bitchin' beret from a great L4D character, but it can be worn by every class.

The values you see in the Mann. Co store are totally irrelevant. If you actually care about prices, ask around on SPUF, there's a nice topic in the trading forum where people are always answering questions about the specific prices of items.
Trauma Advocate
Donator
Spooky

by Hatred » Tue May 17, 2011 8:54 am

ill just stick to not trading .....
Hatred
Donator

by Trauma Advocate » Tue May 17, 2011 9:21 am

wAY 2 GO

I wrote this post written without realizing caps lock was left on, but decided it looked better that way.
Trauma Advocate
Donator
Spooky

by BoB Dolen » Tue May 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Hatred wrote:ill just stick to not trading .....

Welcome to a secondary market.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator
*** 2 Word Rage Inducer ***

by duck » Tue May 17, 2011 3:21 pm

heres what i say to trading. things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them, if you like a bills hat and you want to pay real money for it go ahead, if someone only values it at one scrap pay one scrap for it. when i trade i always ask what they are willing to pay for whatever i have, people value things at different prices, the reason i got my collection of trees to easily is because no ones seems to like the tree and so i will find people who value it at less. i got a sunbeams tree level one for a little more than a max head, thats like having a modest with beams except have a better looking hat (the modest is ugly)
duck

by Hatred » Tue May 17, 2011 4:57 pm

unicorn i understand what u just said the other stuff .... over my head .....
Hatred
Donator

by bjordan » Tue May 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Trading is sketchy business. When the teddy came out people were paying over a buds, but now they are only valued at 3 keys. Trading is annoying, but as long as I don't lose, I am happy :D .
bjordan

by Hatred » Tue May 17, 2011 9:42 pm

ya all this trading stuff seems like to much work for a game .... like WoW ...
Hatred
Donator

by BoB Dolen » Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 am

bjordan wrote:Trading is sketchy business. When the teddy came out people were paying over a buds, but now they are only valued at 3 keys. Trading is annoying, but as long as I don't lose, I am happy :D .

Well that was just cause supply was low and demand was high.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator
*** 2 Word Rage Inducer ***

Return to Trade Server