EU server crashing issue

Discussion for the Fun server at: 66.151.244.49:27015

EU server crashing issue

by Germz » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Did anyone kill a bug around here? No? Then we still have a problem.

It seems that the EU fun server has a tendency to crash when it switches maps. It happened 2 times in 5 switches this evening.
Also, when it DOES crash, the server switches to tf2ware_test35. Not only is this map unable to be nominated by any other means, the TF2ware plug-in seems to fail on that map, having us all rtv immediately.

Now, crashing issues are something to get used to, really. The main problem is that the EU server is fairly new, and people are not coming back when the server goes back online, leaving me alone to repopulate.

I also reported this to Ninja already, he was going to ask physk etc.... I thought I might report it anyway.
Germz

Re: EU server crashing issue

by Ninja » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:29 pm

I remember there was a time when the us server did this
im just not sure how it was fixed D:
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by Vivi Hill » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:26 pm

I'll fix up the default map so you won't have that problem. As for the crashing, that's too bad. I wish the game crashes were more obvious and easier to debug. I'll try to make sure all the extensions and gamedata is up to date--hopefully that should help the problem.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Germz » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:49 pm

I guess it's the only thing we could do then. Thanks for explaining.
Also, I just found out a minute ago that the cube_soccer map seems to have a problem as well.
Soccer gets a bit hard when we have no ball, huh?
Germz

by Vivi Hill » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Ah, I probably forgot to upload the model or something. I'll compare the uk install to the texas install. Thanks a WHOLE LOT for the feedback. It's hard to stay in all the servers all day and test for these things.

If you notice any patterns with the crashes, like a specific map being played or voted for, let me know. Otherwise it's really hit and miss on the crashes.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Vivi Hill » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:05 pm

I've added a good deal of models to the UK server. The cube should be there now. If you come across anything that's missing let me know. Thanks again.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Germz » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:23 pm

It crashed again, but it was a different map again. I guess it's just incidental then. Thanks for trying anyway.

And of course, I'm here to help you out. I'm on the EU server a lot anyway. ;)
Germz

by Germz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:09 pm

The EU server is back up!
...And now it's down again.

This is getting bothersome.
Germz

by Vivi Hill » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:36 pm

*sigh* the US tf2ware server crashes a lot, but since it autorestarts it's not a problem. I'm sorry about that. I'm pretty sure it's Attachables causing issues, it's required for TF2Ware1 but not for tf2ware2. But I'll contact the guy and ask about an autorestart feature.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Vivi Hill » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:41 pm

I talked to him just now and he informed me the server should restart within 5 minutes. He said he'd look into making it 1 minute if he can. Hopefully that helps. I'm not sure I can help further, I think it's just an issue with Attachables and the other extensions being buggy rather than something I can fix directly.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Germz » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:01 am

In that case, I'll be joining this afternoon, thanks.
I'll report on here again if something goes wrong.
Germz

by Germz » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:41 am

So we can't fix it directly...
That blows, because it's down again.
Germz

by Vivi Hill » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:16 pm

I'll be doing a complete reinstall of both Fun servers at some point (around when TF2Ware2 comes out). All mods and configs will be freshly made from their original sources. Hopefully this will remove any problem configs or old plugins that might be causing the problem. Until then I can't do much else.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Return to Love Nest (Fun Server)