zf_castle_ruin and zf_graveyard

Discussion for the Fun server at: 66.151.244.49:27015

zf_castle_ruin and zf_graveyard

by SpoonFox » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:53 pm

I'm going to be working on a project called 'castle ruin' and 'graveyard' for zombie fortress.

When Vlad helps me on my skyboxes, I'll present some alphas. Expect the alphas to be done within a week to a month.

MAP: zf_castle_ruin
CONCEPT: Survivors have thought to make this castle into a stronghold. Instead of the survivors starting out in the castle, you start outside and wait for the gates to open. While zombies spawn in different areas in the castle behind closed doors. These doors will open at the start of course. The survivors will move through the castle and the zombies will have multiple spawn areas.
RED SPAWN: Will be located outside the gate of the castle. Once the gate is up, the zombies will be able to enter this area, so you cannot hide in spawn!
BLUE SPAWN: There will be up to 50 different spawn locations, so at times you may not spawn in the same locale more than once a round! Including, but not limited to, secret spawn areas which the survivors cannot reach.
TIME LIMIT: Will be 8-10 minutes to survive.
AMMO: There will be LIMITED ammo packs, probably a SINGLE 100%, and three 50%, the small packs will be abundant, probably five. That's 9 total packs.
HEALTH: RARE to find! The zombies will have a regeneration place where they can regenerate health. There will be a SINGLE full health pack placed in a dangerous area. ONE half health pack, and three small health packs. That's a total of 5 health packs.
ZOMBIE ROOM: There will be two zombie rooms with notices (not sure if it'll be gas or special effects) Where survivors will take damage and zombies will be healed in this room.
MEDIEVAL MODE: MAY allow this mode, may not. May allow an option for it too.
DANGERS: There will be pitfalls that lead to hidden chambers, or to your own demise. You won't know until you drop down. There will also be spikes, traps, and breakables that can trigger traps.
HIDDEN ROOMS: There will be countless halls and hidden rooms to hide in, but the zombies will always have a way in.
SIZE: Large, very large, it'll be about the size of Vlad's new map, maybe bigger.

MAP: zf_graveyard
CONCEPT: The survivors have been trapped in a graveyard, they've found sanction in a church, but it won't keep the zombies back for long, they'll have to use their wits and skills. There will be multiple areas to hide, but zombies can reach all but one area with ease, and that's the church. Even camping in the church can be deadly because there are many breakable walls. This will be my experiment to make completely breakable areas.
RED SPAWN: Will be located inside the church, but there are many more places you can go from here.
BLUE SPAWN: There will be many places for blue to appear, but the spawn will be like lake-side. You'll get to choose where to go. There will be teleporters that lead to graves and the catacombs. I may change my mind on how this works.
TIME LIMIT: 6-10 Minutes, depending on how big I make the map.
AMMO: Will be extremely limited. The catacombs will have a few small ammo packs, there will be two small ammo packs in the church, and two full ammo packs in a shack in the wooded area. The shack is very vulnerable, but the best place to resupply.
HEALTH: Very hard to find. Only two small health packs in the church, one in the basement, and one in the second story. There will be two small health packs in the shack, and one medium health pack in the catacombs.
CHURCH: The church has three areas. The main area, with breakable benches. The basement, which has breakable walls and one wall leads to the catacombs. And the second floor, which can lead to the roof. WARNING: The roof has MANY breakables, and the second story is mostly breakable! You could be without a second story if you are reckless!
WOODED AREA: The wooded area has trees you can hide behind, as well as the supply shack. The shack is very small and has breakables in its structure. The zombies can also swarm you as you try to reach the shed.
CRYPTS: There will be 2-4 crypts which lead to the catacombs. They have no breakables at all and are the 'safest' place if you want to know exactly where everything comes from. They are 1/4 to 1/2 the size of the church's main floor.
CATACOMBS: Extremely large with breakables and pitfalls. Be careful down there because you can get swarmed in the confined place. The only place to find a medium health pack too. There are hidden rooms too.
SIZE: Very large, bigger than vlad's on the surface, but smaller under ground.

Throw out ideas and opinions and I'll get started in a while.
SpoonFox

Re: zf_castle_ruin and zf_graveyard

by Vivi Hill » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:18 am

Really neat. I like that ZF is getting some love with new maps. The current maps, though they're nice, are a bit limited and stale.

Make sure you keep texturing until later, and spend more effort on the shape and design before getting into details like that (I've never mapped but I can imagine that ought to help).
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Return to Love Nest (Fun Server)