[Blue] Scubs application

Admin applications go here. Follow format please!

[Blue] Scubs application

by 1#Scrub » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:02 pm

1. How long have you been with CSn?
About a year, I can recall playing over the summer months.

2. When can we expect to see you on our servers?
I play at weird times like 12 (central time) or 1pm, but mostly 4pm to 10 pm.

3. What previous admin experience, if any, do you have?
I was made an admin of a Trouble in Terrorist Town server for 30 minute by a drunken admin as a joke.

4. Any skills that can benefit the community?
My great sense of fashion.

5. Are you okay with jumping in an empty server to help populate?
Yepper

6. Are you over 18?
Nope 16

7. To which server are you applying for admin?
Slaybox 1 (also the elite group)

8. Forum sign up date? (Min 30 days before you can apply.)
Jan 28 2016

9. Number of forum posts? (Min 50 posts before you can apply.)
40, eh close enough.

So as I mention before I play at weird times when the servers are admin-less. Or even worse when the server is completely empty. So I want to be able to put out pop messages without getting someone else to do it for me and moderate when no other admins on. I get we got a lot already, in the evenings we got like 4 or 5. But its gets pretty dicey without admins on at 1 on a weekday.
Hobbes has graciously agreed to be my mentor.
1#Scrub
Donator

Re: [Blue] Scubs application

by Poppet » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:18 pm

I didn't sponser Jack's admin becuase he wasn't old enough. But you have Hobbes as a sponser and your grammar isn't nearly as bad.

Poppet
Blue Admin

by Kaiuu » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:21 pm

Kaiuu
Donator

by Rumors » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:44 pm

Let me say....maybe.

Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Someone Special » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:15 pm

Rumors wrote:Let me say....maybe.

Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Balubish » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:39 am

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Lia_Rein » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:37 am

+rep spelled his own name wrong in his application title, gj :P

[Generally scrub is a cool guy, very easy to get along with and I can confirm he is on the server sometimes when no admins are on as he asks me or Hobbes to make events for him on the Elite group for popping.]
Neff:Lia slowly building her CSnplayer database for nefarious purposes
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin
Not Liable for Rein damage

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:37 am

Poppet wrote:I didn't sponser Jack's admin becuase he wasn't old enough. But you have Hobbes as a sponser and your grammar isn't nearly as bad.

Says that grammar isn't nearly as bad but spells because and sponsor wrong. Ohhhh the irony, it's hilarious. Oh wait a minute, Scrub spelt his name wrong in the title! LMAO

16? Scrub? 16 years old? Wow.

But in all seriousness though, I think he is very deserving of attaining Blue admin status, his maturity and drive in popping the Slaybox 1 server is as strong as mine and undisputable.
Last edited by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I on Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by L0wsound » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:42 am

I'm not sure how I feel about this...
:roll:

1#Scrub wrote:4. Any skills that can benefit the community?

Prove it.
L0wsound

by Poppet » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:09 pm

TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I wrote:
Poppet wrote:I didn't sponser Jack's admin becuase he wasn't old enough. But you have Hobbes as a sponser and your grammar isn't nearly as bad.

Says that grammar isn't nearly as bad but spells because and sponsor wrong. Ohhhh the irony, it's hilarious. Oh wait a minute, Scrub spelt his name wrong in the title! LMAO

16? Scrub? 16 years old? Wow.

But in all seriousness though, I think he is very deserving of attaining Blue admin status, his maturity and drive in popping the Slaybox 1 server is as strong as mine and undisputable.

Those are more typos than anything. I have never needed to type "sponsor" before, but I'll give you that one.

At any rate, Scrub could just get admin on the elite group so he can post pops. Which I also need admin on.
Poppet
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Poppet wrote:At any rate, Scrub could just get admin on the elite group so he can post pops. Which I also need admin on.

You already are mate! So is Lia, Hobbes and the rest.

Balubish
Donator

by Lia_Rein » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:38 pm

Balubish wrote:You already are mate! So is Lia, Hobbes and the rest.

I just made Poppet officer therenow after reading his post :P
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin

by 1#Scrub » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:27 pm

L0wsound wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about this...
:roll:

1#Scrub wrote:4. Any skills that can benefit the community?

Prove it.

Already did :D

Also "Scubs Application", I hate my life.
1#Scrub
Donator

by DerKrieger105 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Ehh.....

Scrub you're a good guy but you simply haven't been here that long and the fact is we have a serious over abundance of admins IMO at the moment. I just don't see it as necessary.

So regrettably I can't support your bid for admin.
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by 1#Scrub » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Its all good man, but I gotta say during mid day theres like no admins on. We have a lot of admins but they aren't really spread out too well.
1#Scrub
Donator

by Rumors » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:32 pm

1#Scrub wrote:Its all good man, but I gotta say during mid day theres like no admins on. We have a lot of admins but they aren't really spread out too well.

I think admins are spread out enough, I don't see more than 30 minutes to an hour at most without an admin checking in. Plus you can always contact an admin to pop into a server for help. There are a lot more admins on CSn now than there were in past months as well. You can add an admin to steam or contact them through the CSn Steam group.

Also, if you or someone else is a donator, you can cast a vote to kick or ban someone yourself. Just remember to use it responsibly.

sm_votekick "username"
sm_voteban "username"

Donator Commands: http://critsandvich.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7157

CSn Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/critsandvichnetwork

CSn Elite Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/critsandvichelite
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by DerKrieger105 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:06 pm

Rumors wrote:
1#Scrub wrote:Its all good man, but I gotta say during mid day theres like no admins on. We have a lot of admins but they aren't really spread out too well.

I think admins are spread out enough, I don't see more than 30 minutes to an hour at most without an admin checking in. Plus you can always contact an admin to pop into a server for help. There are a lot more admins on CSn now than there were in past months as well. You can add an admin to steam or contact them through the CSn Steam group.

Also, if you or someone else is a donator, you can cast a vote to kick or ban someone yourself. Just remember to use it responsibly.

sm_votekick "username"
sm_voteban "username"

Donator Commands: http://critsandvich.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7157

CSn Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/critsandvichnetwork

CSn Elite Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/critsandvichelite

+1
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by 1#Scrub » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:41 pm

Anywhosers some valid points have been brought up so I doubt Ill be put in trial, no hard feelings to people who dident want me as admin, I knew going in that my chances were on the slim side ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . I still want to put out pop messages tho
1#Scrub
Donator

by Poppet » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:18 pm

Okay to get this out of the way.

My Votes;
For Admin: No
For Group Admin/Mod: Iffy/Yes

It looks like server admin is already stacked no so I'm under the impression the application is denied for now. But, I don't see much point in not letting Scrub be an admin on the group so he can post pops. Even better if he only needs to be mod to do so.
Poppet
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:09 am

So I guess I will add my view on this topic. We have a few active admins in the Elite Group, could maybe have a few more but as for now not really a must. Atleast not for SB1.
I think its funny that the last 5 admins or so that have applied I think all of them only applied for SB1. Blumin is for SB1, SB2 and Westbox.
Personally I dont care if Scrub gets a trial cause its not up to me anyways, but the blumins will vote for it later on anyway and its really up to fingerman to start that trial up if he thinks we need more.

About the Elitgroup. The group mainly is to pop servers and SB1 today pop itself without it, just invite friends and it will get going soon enough, ppl have been starting to join plenty.
We dont spam out messages in the Elite group, I mainly use it cause "Sweden" time if Im trying to pop earlier and now I rarely use it at all cause its not needed. Its enough just to send out some personal invites.
I guess early pop is for all EU admins, not sure but might only be me and Lia.

Another problem we have is the majority of the group are old members "Not age only Lia" that dont play that much or at all anymore. I asked finger to have a message in SB1 to build up the group and tell them to join the group with fresh meat "Diablo reference" new players that are often in SB1 and build the elite group up with those.
So far we gained maybe 20 new members in the group I think wich is good, but we still need more.
Cause of those 20 they all can be spread on playing at any point of the day and not when we send out pop messages. Beeing a popper i have sent out messages so many times and no one comes to the other servers at all.

We should not spam it cause it piss ppl off, I know that now when i joined TPF steam group cause they spam pop messages for each fucking server. So for SB1 I dont think we should use it at all unless its an early pop or maybe an major update that killed the server or similar. But prefer to use ur friendslist and send out invites there first.

But if we can get that elite group up more and start getting for example SB2 and preferably Westbox to become popular I think we should use the elite group for that.
And at that point we could need more admins for those servers "if" they become popular again. Believe me I have tried for years.
Problem with elite group aswell is for example, many have joined SB1 and just started to game and dont want to jump over and help pop, that includes admins and regulars.

So for Scrub as an trial admin im torn in the matter. We have many admins for the servers in general, but if we start populate and all help out on say Westbox we need regular admins that play there for example.

I give the trial responsebility to Fingerman.

Also a personal point I dont see the problem with many admins, but we are cooming up to a adminsplit and by that I would not have a problem one day that we have that many admins so we split up the ppl for different boxes, but can ofcourse help pop on any of them. I know that many tries to join SB1 when its at primetime and if ppl saw that for example SB2 or Westbox had ppl on ppl will eventually jump in.
But thats just a personal idea I have had. And by split I mean fav server still gonna be admin for all boxes.

Balubish
Donator

by Rumors » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:19 am

Balubish wrote:
But if we can get that elite group up more and start getting for example SB2 and preferably Westbox to become popular I think we should use the elite group for that.
And at that point we could need more admins for those servers "if" they become popular again. Believe me I have tried for years.
Problem with elite group aswell is for example, many have joined SB1 and just started to game and dont want to jump over and help pop, that includes admins and regulars.

Also a personal point I dont see the problem with many admins, but we are cooming up to a adminsplit and by that I would not have a problem one day that we have that many admins so we split up the ppl for different boxes, but can ofcourse help pop on any of them. I know that many tries to join SB1 when its at primetime and if ppl saw that for example SB2 or Westbox had ppl on ppl will eventually jump in.
But thats just a personal idea I have had. And by split I mean fav server still gonna be admin for all boxes.

I would like to see at least SB2 be more populated like it used to be. That's also true that as of now, SB1 doesn't need pop messages. I was the first to join SB1 yesterday and it filled up within 30-45 minutes.

I think splitting blue admins server responsibility would be good. "But I like to play with X player that is also admin" is something I can empathize with, but then maybe we should have more frequent admin vs community events.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:43 am

Rumors wrote:
Balubish wrote:

I would like to see at least SB2 be more populated like it used to be. That's also true that as of now, SB1 doesn't need pop messages. I was the first to join SB1 yesterday and it filled up within 30-45 minutes.

I think splitting blue admins server responsibility would be good. "But I like to play with X player that is also admin" is something I can empathize with, but then maybe we should have more frequent admin vs community events.

SB2 is a hard fucking nut to crack man. Either we have to make it stock only maps again or first get Westbox to startup. There is actually those "ping whores" that prefer westbox cause they live on the westside and I can totally understand that so no worries. Personally though my ping is over 200 on that so I cant do much over there or have much fun. Westbox have better scoring than SB2
so would be easier to full up also only stockmaps.

Thats actually a good idea to have events like Admin vs Community on the other servers to have them populated more and try stay there even after event ends to make more ppl flow through it.
Who will manage it is the question though? Maybe once a month thing for starters?

Balubish
Donator

by Lia_Rein » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:09 pm

"Another problem we have is the majority of the group are old members "Not age only Lia"" lul

Yeah I mostly only use the elite group messages if someone asks me to send out a message and I'm not on server with them. Generally sending game invites to CSn regulars or occasional visitors on my friends list who are either already on TF2 or are showing up as 'online' pops the server quicker than an event message from my experience at least. But I think there's no harm in making scrub mod or whatever for the elite group, it just means he won't have to send hobbes or me a request for an event first XD
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin

by WordToYourMothership » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:13 am

Balubish wrote: get Westbox to startup. ?

THE DREAM. I MISS WESTBOX SO MUCH
WordToYourMothership
Donator

by Lia_Rein » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:41 am

Wow did poppet just get burned by a bot? o.O

Oh it was a shadow copy pasta... still I'm claiming poppet got burned by a bot.

+revive scrubs app
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin

by fingerman » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Admin trial for scrub approved!
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by 1#Scrub » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:38 pm

fingerman wrote:Admin trial for scrub approved!

1#Scrub
Donator

by Lia_Rein » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Scrub came into mumble to brag about this
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin

by flufffage » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Lia_Rein wrote:

Scrub came into mumble to brag about this

he told us he was admin, but he hes not there yet
hes lying make him stop
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by HausOfJoel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:44 am

This is my favorite meme
HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

by 1#Scrub » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:00 pm

HausOfJoel wrote:This is my favorite meme

1#Scrub
Donator

by megamoose » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:00 pm

Scub hurt my feelings. De-adminify him. He butt guy.
megamoose
Donator

Return to Help Wanted!