Randomizer Mod Map Removal Thread & Feedback

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Randomizer Mod Map Removal Thread & Feedback

by Failhorse » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:23 am

With the success of randomizer, and some complaints... Thought It would be a good idea to start this thread. I know some have complained that certain maps don't work well. Speak up. Randomly saying something in game is no good.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: Randomizer Mod Map Removal Thread & Feedback

by Failhorse » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:25 am

At least with the sandvich, you usually can drop it. 1 or 2 classes it is worthless. Otherwise food has been disabled. Was causing some server instability. Think of it as crapping out. =)
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Smeemo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:02 am

Remove Frontier Justice.
Smeemo

by squar3d » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Getting stuck with random and useless weapons is what makes it enjoyable. The fact that you never know what you'll get, like the blutsager.

aside from server issues, all remaining weps should stay.
squar3d
Donator

by Gho$T » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:53 pm

buff banner and the other one for soldier isnt fun when you get it like when you get the huntsman or something similar and you need a secondary weapon just my thoughts
ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

by Vintage Cholent » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:19 pm

I think it needs more gifts from Ghost :)

“That’s not a knife. That’s a knife.” -“Crocodile Dundee”
JG:You are on a table, surround by naked dudes. What do you do?
VC: Leave the apple store
Vintage Cholent

by Ninja » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:49 pm

can we get a mix of arena maps?
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by duck » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:07 pm

when a spy gets a flame thrower he doesnt undisguise when he uses it making it hard for him to be killed because the other team cannot disinguish who is the spy and who isnt
duck

by SpoonFox » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:22 pm

List of Known Problems from my point of view.

-Weapons-
Secondaries that are specialized tend to not work, listed below.
Crit-a-cola
Bonk Atomic Punch
Buff Banner
Battalion's Backup
Dalakohs Bar
Wrangler (What are you going to wrangle?)
Sandvich (Can be Dropped, but not Eaten)

Other weapon effects can occur oddly as well.
Medigun and Kritzkrieg do not have an uber charge meter, but do indeed uber up. You do NOT recieve the same effects (Invuln/crit) when deployed unless you are medic. Furthermore, your icon changes into while giving someone an uber.
Eyelander/Headless Horseman's Headtaker have no headcount, but some users say on -some- classes it gives speed bonuses, but not HP bonuses, other players says it gives nothing, some say it gives an HP Bonus (But temporary overheal)
Flamethrower on Spy, does not remove spy disguises. Worse yet, nor do ANY melee weapons with the spy. This must be remedied.
Blautsauger always takes -2 on anyone without regen, but it has a plus to it... So it takes skill to use, but can kill people who aren't good at it.
Holding Reload with Fast Reload Weapons (Revolver, Syringe Gun, and a few others) will do a 'minigun' effect, doing about 80 bullets a second, but infact it only fires one at a time.
Multiple M2 Effects. If you have a Flamethrower and Sticky Launcher, then you will airblast instead of destroy stickies. This is notorious for spies who want to stealth... A spy with a Flamethrower, Sticky launcher, and boxing gloves has a hard time stealthing... You have to time it on a certain weapon after M2ing with it -sometimes-. Same for -leaving- stealth.

Custom Weapon Problems.
EVERYONE complains about the nuke being too strong, too bad... Anyways...
Kopesh Climber (I think) is a -nerfed- shiv with zero bonuses.
Fighter's Kukri (Forgot is name) Sadly has a -15 HP per strike on it, this is too dangerous of a problem.
Rebel's Curse... Well, I see no major problems with it to be honest. Silent Killer hasn't proven to work though!
Ludmilla (Customized Natascha) while you cannot stay wound up, it will still heal you like a blautsauger quite well, but also its penelties aren't high enough... Brass Beast has more penelties than it.

So main weapon priorities...

Fix the secondaries or remove them.
Fix spies disguise problem with flamethrowers and melee.
Fix a few customized.
Maybe -add- more customizes.

Next up are the maps...

We need more maps, of course, maybe some simple custom, maybe some arena, but stock is okay for now. I'd like to see a few taken out though... Payload maps tend to be one-sided when it comes to it and 75% of the time offense will win.
Otherwise, I have no real words to this.
SpoonFox

by Vivi Hill » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:08 am

Uh, keep in mind we don't make randomizer. So giving us feedback won't help TOO much. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1308831 < that's where to go to report bugs.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Failhorse » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:33 am

Spoon sorry to say, but most of the secondary uselessness is intentional. You're rolling the dice with your load out. Sometimes it's good, sometimes not. The point is to make the best out of what you get.

They won't be changed.

By default most secondary food items are usable, but we disabled them due to server instability. Not to say the server still won't randomly crash.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Gho$T » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 am

SpoonFox wrote:Medigun and Kritzkrieg do not have an uber charge meter, but do indeed uber up. You do NOT recieve the same effects (Invuln/crit) when deployed unless you are medic. Furthermore, your icon changes into while giving someone an uber.

I have used the Kritz as a non medic and it still rewards kritz to the target i am healing but i have never recieved the Medigun yet so cant stay on that one

SpoonFox wrote:Flamethrower on Spy, does not remove spy disguises. Worse yet, nor do ANY melee weapons with the spy. This must be remedied.
Blautsauger always takes -2 on anyone without regen, but it has a plus to it... So it takes skill to use, but can kill people who aren't good at it.
Holding Reload with Fast Reload Weapons (Revolver, Syringe Gun, and a few others) will do a 'minigun' effect, doing about 80 bullets a second, but infact it only fires one at a time.
Multiple M2 Effects. If you have a Flamethrower and Sticky Launcher, then you will airblast instead of destroy stickies. This is notorious for spies who want to stealth... A spy with a Flamethrower, Sticky launcher, and boxing gloves has a hard time stealthing... You have to time it on a certain weapon after M2ing with it -sometimes-. Same for -leaving- stealth.

This one does suck but just switch back to inventory 4 the disguise kit and you can M2 and un-M2 in which the big problem being that as i have played spy many times, it seems not very many weapons will undisguise yourself. At one point as i tryed to capture a enemy CP I switched to primary .. fired weapon didnt undisguise and same with secondary and melee so i had to disguise as a allie to capture

SpoonFox wrote:
EVERYONE complains about the nuke being too strong, too bad... Anyways...

Eh it can be with the fact that a resupply locker can give you back the one shot and their for if you are on defence (in which how i used it) just launch it at the CP when they are capping it ... go back get another shot and use secondary/melee till the time comes again
ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2