Idea for Feb. donations.

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Idea for Feb. donations.

by Failhorse » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:21 pm

I was thinking we take any money donated by players, next month, and send 100% of proceeds to that charity the golden wrench thing was involved with. (What the hell was the name.)

So the player would still get benefits. But all the money would go to charity.
If possible. We also add a custom hat that only those players would be able to use.

This would be good press and good karma. Feelings?
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: Idea for Feb. donations.

by Vivi Hill » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:27 pm

I talked about this with Fail. I think it's a really neat idea and would complement the Feb stats contest well. One other idea: for donators who donate in February, could we make the rank required to enter the contest lower? So for example if the limit for normal players is the top 20 players, make it also include the donators in the 21-40 range or somesuch?

I think given that the donations would go to charity this would work out well and not seem like 'paying to win'.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Re: Idea for Feb. donations.

by Vivi Hill » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Nuclear mentioned that a way to make this even bigger could be to encourage all communities we know to do it. So have any community that accepts donations (that's doing well enough to continue without a month of donations) take part. Then we tell people "Donate to your favorite community and it goes to charity".

We can make this tie into Valentines Day somehow as well. If the idea sticks with other communities and we get some dedicated people, we could even go all the way up and see if Valve themselves will post on the blog about it.

Making it a different charity might also be good so that those who did the golden wrench thing feel more like donating.

(moving to tf2 forum as it's more appropriate there)
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

Return to Team Fortress 2