map rotation

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

map rotation

by Mad Anthony » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Map rotation needs improved.

Im burned out on playing goldrush, badwater and dustbowl.

My suggestion is to make one server a fixed map rotation.
Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively. - VOLTAIRE (1694-1778)
Mad Anthony
Donator

Re: map rotation

by Smeemo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:23 pm

Use nominate and rtv. Most people choose those maps, but there are lots of people who share your opinion and vote for alternative maps. It seems like Coldfront, granary, and badlands have become much more popular.
Smeemo

by Mad Anthony » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:27 pm

We all know rtv and nominate doesnt work when playing goldrush or badlands..

Plus alot of players dont pay attention to map voting and 4 choices for the nextmap divides up the votes too much.

Another idea would be to lower the choices for the nextmap
Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively. - VOLTAIRE (1694-1778)
Mad Anthony
Donator

by cant speall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:42 pm

I couldn't agree more. We need a better voting system. It's not a coincidence that the same maps get played and the same maps are all '4' on the keyboard. Yes, those maps are fun, but too many people just want to get the prompt off their screen and hit the closest number.
cant speall
Donator

by John Magnum » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:43 pm

Coldfront, Turbine, and Upward are definitely quite popular. Fastlane and Mountainlab also show up every once in a while. I agree that it's not fun to do nothing but Freight/Goldrush/Badwater/Upward but there's actually, what, six or eight maps in pretty regular circulation?
Still though I can see your point
John Magnum
Donator

by Mad Anthony » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:08 pm

i just think the server will gain dedicated players with a set map rotation. Plus competitive play will increase and we wont have payload junkies crowding the server.

somethings got to give.
Mad Anthony
Donator

by Vivi Hill » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:11 pm

I think our current set of dedicated players like the mapcycle. We could freshen it up a little bit but it seems nice the way it is. I personally never really get tired of those top maps, but I used to frequent Nemu's Stomping Ground...
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Mad Anthony » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:13 pm

I come from Nemus. I like their map rotation.

But what i like about crits 24 player limit and the stats.
Mad Anthony
Donator

by cant speall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Is there a difference between slaybox 1 and 2? or is indifference the goal? My thought is that one could be made a payload server and the other a CP or something like that. Just shooting out ideas.
cant speall
Donator

by Vivi Hill » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:20 pm

1 and 2 are the same, except 2's voting is not exposed. I should fix that at some point. But they are meant to be the same. It works nicely as we get some overflow from slaybox 1, and the model works. The arenabox is one we're more likely to work on and mess with, as it's not popular yet.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by cant speall » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Ah, I see. I personally dislike arena, so you wont find me there, but I would agree that 1 and 2 being the same does work. I'm on the servers a lot and I end up getting burnt out on upward, goldrush, freight, badlands, etc. I would really rather stay on the CSn servers (for the atmosphere/skill level), but after a while I just cant take it. The only time I've noticed we play different maps is when the regulars are all on together. It's hard to convince 20+ people that we've played the same four maps for the past two hours.

One thing I can suggest is finding a way to randomize the numbers associated with each map when we vote. That will at least let us(you guys) know if people are just hitting 4 or if people really do like to play only those same four or five maps all day long.

I have fun on the CSn servers, so I'm not going anywhere. I'm just trying to have a better time and a little more variety.
cant speall
Donator

by Vivi Hill » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:06 pm

I've found the slaybox 1 is better with voting since people can see where the vote is swinging. When I mentioned the Arena server, I meant that since it's new and more of an experiment, we may even remove the arena mod and try something different. If we get some sort of consensus on what people want it to be we can change it. Right now it works ok but in the long run the amount of Arena lovers is relatively low. So we might make it a payload server, customs server or something. Hopefully we can find something, but for now Rem isn't paying anything extra for it as part of his box so it can stay empty for a little while I think.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Mike808 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:24 pm

nominate will usually fix your problems
lots of people are tired of the same overplayed maps as well, so if you nominate you have a pretty good chance of playing that map
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Mad Anthony » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:35 pm

i just want to play egypt, but im thankful that we dont play 2fort
Mad Anthony
Donator

by Mike808 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Mad Anthony wrote:i just want to play egypt, but im thankful that we dont play 2fort

ok thats the one map when i nominate 78457849561 times it only got played once :'(
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Phobia » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:11 pm

Mike808 wrote:
Mad Anthony wrote:i just want to play egypt, but im thankful that we dont play 2fort

ok thats the one map when i nominate 78457849561 times it only got played once :'(

Even though I dislike Egypt, and some other maps, when I see someone nominate a map, I personally vote for it. Helps keep people happy IMO.

Phobia

by cant speall » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Well, I'll do my part by nominating more often. We'll see if I get results! ;)
cant speall
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2