The Acky Situation

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

The Acky Situation

by Sussy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 am

I don't know the specifics of the situation, all I know is that Acky was banned from slay box 1. I know she is one of the many people who make critsandvich what it is, and I am personally offended. I also know that the reasoning behind it was because she was "griefing".Yes ubering a spy is griefing, and shouldn't be done OFTEN. I say that, because once in awhile it's pretty damn funny. She apologized, and I haven't seen her do it before (plus the enemy scout didn't move once so he kind of deserves it video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvWUabr6u_4&t=0m56s good stab acky)
Besides, with the spawn camping I see from all of you other admins when I commentate doesn't compare to that.While I'm sure this isn't the only "example" of when she has been "griefing", regardless: CritSandvich IS NOT A SERIOUS TF2 SERVER. If it was, there wouldn't be all talk enable. It's a friendly, anti-hate, and casual server. THAT IS WHY PEOPLE COME TO CRITSANDVICH! Acky keeps the servers upbeat, funny and entertaining. If you want Critsandvich to be taken seriously as a "super serious" and "competitive" server, you've been doing it all wrong from the start.

It is for these reasons, that I will say there will be no commentary, give aways, or events hosted by Myself or CutlerSupreme until Acky is unbanned. These things we do are clearly not in the same tone as you've envisioned the future of Critsandvich to be, and I figure it is only a matter of time before we too get banned for making the server enjoyable, friendly and welcoming to veteran and new comers alike.

Sincerely,
Mother Fucking Sussy: The Fastest dood to grace this earth.

(Also, you never even brought up the point that Acky designs her hats after mine... THAT'S GRIEFING! oh wait...)
Last edited by Sussy on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sussy
Donator

Re: The Acky Situation

by Vivi Hill » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:47 am

The ban was not benny-approved :( Hopefully all this can be resolved in a nice peaceful manner.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Take That!! » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:01 am

HERE! HERE!
Take That!!

by Ackybur » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:04 am

Take That!! wrote:HERE! HERE!

Sweet spy moves in that video Take That. You're graceful like a male dancer.
Ackybur
Donator

by psyk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

this reason was only a new development which was icing on the cake.

The other reasons for her ban have been getting discussed for months and they have made no effort to improve the behavior. Mostly team stacking. It has been warned to them time and time again, and this just proves that after a scramble, they have to go do this, that they are not committed to not stacking.

I have been getting multiple complaints for months now and told them multiple times to stop, but it simply has not effected what they say, so they are getting banned. I have many testimonials for other admins and from many of the large donators that they want her gone and I don't want to lose this communities monetary donators. Since they didn't respect the requests that have been made for what about 3 months now. They have been banned.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by Echoplex » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 am

More complaints from more donors is also main feature of probability. Even if the same % of people (or less) is dissatisfied, you can receive more complaints based on the fact that our community, donor pool, and overall population has something like tripled in size over these three months that you have been taking "stats".

Also, I can guarantee you that more of the administrators are in favor of a policy that requires you to VOTE before banning an integral community member than are in favor of banning Ackbar.

People who don't have a problem won't speak up about it, and there are so many people in the community that anecdotal evidence is going to hurt you in the long run

She's also a person that clearly doesn't like being told what to do in regard to her free time. Have you tried asking her instead? Benny did, and it worked a whole lot better.

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by Maringue » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:52 am

Her behavior was an issue many months ago. As part of the resolution to that issue, an admin code of conduct was written clearly stating all the responsibilities and spelling out the penalties for breaking the rules.

She then simply chose not to follow the rules we set up. End of story.

I will also make it clear that the only spawn camping that the admins collectively frown upon (ie don't do it) is sticky spawn camping. Also, healing a spy is much worse than all the other forms of griefing for a simple reason: it is duplicitous. It has the very real potential to create a fundamental loss in the belief that our admins are impartial and fair. This is a very big deal. Since I can hear the argument already, this is not the same as taking advantage of the couple places you can kill someone in their spawn with stickies. You can see who's doing that. In fact, most of the time the person calls you over to the door so they can do it, so you know exactly who they are and when they are trying to do it. And so what, you respawn before the round starts anyway and most of the time it was pretty funny. Healing a spy spreads the belief that our admins cheat, which people don't like and which is not true. Also, team stacking is systemic. A small group starts doing it and then more people join them in a snowball effect.

So Sussy, given that we have a well known no racial or homophobic slur policy, would you be surprised if you got banned for a string or racial/homophobic slurs AFTER you had already been warned once and told of the consequences? That's basically what happened here.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by psyk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:09 am

Big Bear wrote:More complaints from more donors is also main feature of probability. Even if the same % of people (or less) is dissatisfied, you can receive more complaints based on the fact that our community, donor pool, and overall population has something like tripled in size over these three months that you have been taking "stats".

I know what our donor pool is, and a lot of the complaints I have been getting have been more recent than you seem to be implying.

Big Bear wrote:She's also a person that clearly doesn't like being told what to do in regard to her free time. Have you tried asking her instead? Benny did, and it worked a whole lot better.

I asked her when it first became an issue many times and we finally had a chat about it, but apparently that chat was forgotten a few weeks later.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by Vintage Cholent » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Big Bear wrote:She's also a person that clearly doesn't like being told what to do in regard to her free time. Have you tried asking her instead? Benny did, and it worked a whole lot better.

I asked her when it first became an issue many times and we finally had a chat about it, but apparently that chat was forgotten a few weeks later.[/quote]

The Asshole Admin?!?!?! more like the Righteous Admin

“That’s not a knife. That’s a knife.” -“Crocodile Dundee”
JG:You are on a table, surround by naked dudes. What do you do?
VC: Leave the apple store
Vintage Cholent

by Ackybur » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:20 pm

There was no asking you kept team switching out of game while the round was still waiting for players. Besides, Benny was more diplomatic about it. Haven't had any complaints in the sb2. Welllllll except a guy who wanted to say faggot, but that doesn't really count ;)
Ackybur
Donator

by psyk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:There was no asking you kept team switching out of game while the round was still waiting for players. Besides, Benny was more diplomatic about it. Haven't had any complaints in the sb2. Welllllll except a guy who wanted to say faggot, but that doesn't really count ;)

I stopped that and had a talk with you in Mumble back in that day until I started getting complaints again about it, so then I started doing something about it and I am not going to go through this cycle every three months. As for the no one complaining argument, I actually have people that have told me they are now playing sb1 more and happier now.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by Ackybur » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm

That's good :) ive been told the increased night admin on sb2 is nice. Guess it all worked out
Ackybur
Donator

by Mike808 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:That's good :) ive been told the increased night admin on sb2 is nice. Guess it all worked out

see ya there ;D
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Vintage Cholent » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Mike808 wrote:see ya there ;D

MICHAEL YIN CHOE, I still am missing your presence on the fun servers!!!

I still wish to duel with you in my domain/Fun Server Domain.

Vintage Cholent

by Zclipse » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Yay another drama post, unfortunately Sussy, we've had to deal with this for a while. The issue of stacking is not intentional most of the time and while i've seen other people and admins "stack", we are the only ones that get called out for it. Me and toaster are rarely on the same team anymore and when ackbar and tkt are on the same team, they usually do stupid things like medic chains(which is easy countered by going pyro) which apparently is griefing. Which leads me to believe that this is simply because Failhorse's circle jerk doesn't like ours.

Banning ackbar for healing a spy is a little over the top, considering how much she has contributed to the community, and it was in the same fashion of what BP did to tkt months ago, there was no vote or community decision, the ban simply happened. You say that you banned her because she wasn't following the admin code of conduct, then why not simply remove her admin? The ban was unnecessary.
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by psyk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:32 pm

I do check in when Its the three of y'all without ackbar, notice how I never scramble the teams? Its because y'all are hardly ever on the same team. But as soon as ack joins, y'all all go to the same team just about 100% of the time. Thats when I start to scramble. The ban in place due to griefing is because it was done after a scramble showing a very large commitment to not playing with the scramble which was done for a reason. This has come up before and if it isn't going to be taken into consideration, something is finally going to be done about it.

And there isn't really a fail circle jerk, because many of us have disagreed with other things he has wanted done and nothing was done about them. This is people complaining that have not ever agreed with our decisions before, so I wouldn't really consider it a circle jerk.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by Ackybur » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:45 pm

I honestly don't mind this arrangement. People now know what kind of experience they will get depending on what slaybox they go to. Its all about variety, and we here at csn provide it.
Ackybur
Donator

by Zclipse » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:03 pm

Fine... I don't get some of the admins in this community, ackbar's possibly one of the nicest people in the community and she gets banned because the server got boring... and shes still trying to promote the servers.

Good job fail's circle jerk full of corrupt admins, can't wait for more retarded decisions in the future.

Sussy i really hope you and cutler just start commentating on the 2nd server instead, losing commentating is a big hit and it would be sad to see it go.

gg.
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by duck » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:13 pm

holy shit you guys just have to stop arguing ackbar just needs to stop staking and we can all forgive her. who cares if she healed a spy. I do that all the time ( because I'm not very good xD) just forgive and forget. she's done so many good things for the community and we can't afford to lose her
duck

by Amplify » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Zclipse wrote:You say that you banned her because she wasn't following the admin code of conduct, then why not simply remove her admin? The ban was unnecessary.

I wonder about this too.
Amplify
Tournament Staff

by NuclearWatermelon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 pm

It is also important to remember that the ban (last I saw it) was not permanent, and should wear off right about the time we all cool down.
NuclearWatermelon

by Maringue » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:21 pm

iAmplify wrote:
Zclipse wrote:You say that you banned her because she wasn't following the admin code of conduct, then why not simply remove her admin? The ban was unnecessary.

I wonder about this too.

This was brought up, but people refused to enforce the rule so most drastic measures had to be used.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Sussy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:12 pm

NuclearWatermelon wrote:It is also important to remember that the ban (last I saw it) was not permanent, and should wear off right about the time we all cool down.

Well then... If it's temporary, then I have no complaints. Give her a "time out" in her room, then hopefully she can come back and play with us cool neighbor kids in the future.

I honestly didn't mean to make the issue worse by making this post, I just had never noticed a problem with acky - in fact, I only noticed the positives - so I was just a little confused and annoyed at the situation. Obviously, I don't have much pull here, since I am most likely the newest member of this admin/donator community (along with Cutler). I just wanted to show my support for acky, and I hope it wasn't too "drama-ey".
Sussy
Donator

by Repoman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:55 pm

Repoman

by squar3d » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:56 pm

comon guys... cooomeeeeeonnnn its just a game. If I wanted drama I would have stayed on a swim team. People get so uptight about weapons and stacking and such, and its really not that big of a deal. You call it stacking, but I call it people just want to play with their friends. And so what if it's unbalanced??? Change classes, change strategy, get better, but don't ban people. People like akybur, odin, watermelon (and Repo) are why I donated to this server.
squar3d
Donator

by Ackybur » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:11 pm

First off, repo I love you. That's my favorite part. Next, sussyyyy don't worry youre fine. You're allowed to express your opinion, everyone is. Sure it will spark debates, but it's nothing major. All servers have their problems it's just a matter of finding a reasonable middle ground. Square I'm glad you finally joined, get more posts bro!

Psyk, you say you check on tkt and z when I'm not playing and say their on different teams? Unless there was a scramble that's not true. They say they join red, always. Besides when I join and all the sudden it's stacked that's not my fault. I shouldn't be punished if people start joining my team when I start playing. That's their decision, not mine. I've been doing nothing but random since the ban, and 3-4 people still join my team, are you going to extend my ban because of their team choices? I hit random as soon as it populated,and I never have or will wait for a free spot on the team of my choice. I feel like you need to look at the nbd motto.

P.s after talking to some admins and donators I feel like you should have asked more than the ones that openly hate me. Some admins didn't even know until recently, and disagreed with the ban.
Ackybur
Donator

by duck » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:06 pm

I didn't find out until a few days ago. just saying
duck

by dieinafire » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:40 pm

I don't typically post, but I need more information.

1. Why is it wrong to medic chain?
2. What is wrong with ubering a spy?

If it's easy to counter, then why complain? If it's because it's not helpful, then what about the newbies that suck? I've never had an issue with Ackybur. I remember the "team stacking" issues. Instead of crying, I simply stopped sucking at TF2, problem solved. Why wasn't she just stripped of rank? It sounds to me like an admin wanted to boast his e-penis.

You also state that many donators have complained. I'm a donator, and I'm asking she be unbanned.

It's silly, it's just a game.
I also endorse commenting, don't fuck that one up.
dieinafire
Donator

by psyk » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:58 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Psyk, you say you check on tkt and z when I'm not playing and say their on different teams? Unless there was a scramble that's not true. They say they join red, always. Besides when I join and all the sudden it's stacked that's not my fault. .

I have videos otherwise btw.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by Vintage Cholent » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:30 pm

In honor of MLK day

WHY DONT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

btw I hate Repoman i think his music selection is horrible, playing pyro is soo passe, and what kind of idiot complains about white russians????

Vintage Cholent

by Ackybur » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:31 pm

psyk wrote:
Admiral Ackybur wrote:Psyk, you say you check on tkt and z when I'm not playing and say their on different teams? Unless there was a scramble that's not true. They say they join red, always. Besides when I join and all the sudden it's stacked that's not my fault. .

I have videos otherwise btw.

That's cool :) , how is it my fault if they join the team im on again?
Ackybur
Donator

by Zclipse » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Can i see these vids? Unless its a scramble me and take that are always red. Easier to get kills and boost stats on defense. And we've always done it, even before we joined this community...
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by Failhorse » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Fail's jerk circle. I like that a lot.

I guess it's fair to say.

Stop whining.
If you can't handle stopping, get someone to write a mod for it.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Repoman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:01 pm

Well you first gotta write a mod for the mod to be written.
Repoman

by Ackybur » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Failhorse wrote:write a mod for it.
Ackybur
Donator

by VoltySquirrel » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:15 am

Admiral Ackybur wrote:

Seems like Nuclear and Benny do all the work around here.
VoltySquirrel

by Zclipse » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:09 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:
Admiral Ackybur wrote:

its always been like that.
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by psyk » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:54 pm

Zclipse wrote:
VoltySquirrel wrote:

its always been like that.

Hahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahah.... oh dear.....
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by Maringue » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Zclipse wrote:its always been like that.

Jesus, do you contribute anything to this community besides being a snarky asshole douche bag with a high score? Here's a life lesson for you, don't talk when you don't know anything about what's being discussed.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Vintage Cholent » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Maringue wrote:Jesus, do you contribute anything to this community ?

Yes my son

Vintage Cholent

by Ackybur » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Maringue wrote:

Jesus, do you contribute anything to this community besides being a snarky asshole douche bag with a high score? Here's a life lesson for you, don't talk when you don't know anything about what's being discussed.

he knows a lot more than you'd think.
Ackybur
Donator

by Maringue » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Ackbar, knowing only what you tell him does not equate to understanding the situation. If you told him psyk was trying to have you extradited to a forced labor camp in China, he'd probably believe every word.

Vintage Cholent wrote:
Maringue wrote:Jesus, do you contribute anything to this community ?

Yes my son

Touche good sir, touche. Jesus saves! The rest of the party takes full damage...
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Take That!! » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:49 pm

This thread has gotten really off-topic.
Take That!!

by VoltySquirrel » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Take That!! wrote:This thread has gotten really off-topic.

You're off-topic.
VoltySquirrel

by Take That!! » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:17 pm

I like how these types of posts really show who dislikes who.
Take That!!

by Zclipse » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:40 pm

Maringue wrote:

I don't think that's in the bible brah.
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by Ackybur » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Zclipse wrote:
Maringue wrote:

Closer to the book of Mormon imo.
Ackybur
Donator

by Maringue » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Not in the Bible my ass. I mean seriously?
A large majority of the teachings of Jesus can be summed up in the following image (and I'm serious):
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Mike808 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:50 pm

calm down please
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Zclipse » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:55 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:
Zclipse wrote:
Maringue wrote:Jesus, do you contribute anything to this community besides being a snarky asshole douche bag with a high score? Here's a life lesson for you, don't talk when you don't know anything about what's being discussed.

Lets not forget the Koran either.
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by squar3d » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:
Zclipse wrote:
Maringue wrote:Jesus, do you contribute anything to this community besides being a snarky asshole douche bag with a high score? Here's a life lesson for you, don't talk when you don't know anything about what's being discussed.

rofl
squar3d
Donator

by Enigma » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:18 am

Sorry for intervening, but this is getting extremely ridiculous. What's done is done, there's no need for further trash talking. All I'm saying is let's move on and enjoy some TF2. Image
Enigma

by Mike808 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:47 am

Mike808 wrote:calm down please
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Smeemo » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:09 am

My e-peen is bigger than yours.
Smeemo

by Toaster » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:14 am

bump because this thread is hysterical
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Ackybur » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:46 am

Smeemo you know that's not true. My peen is huge, and the same shape as a steak. Tbone obviously.
Ackybur
Donator

by Sirnak » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:34 pm

Enigma wrote:Sorry for intervening, but this is getting extremely ridiculous. What's done is done, there's no need for further trash talking. All I'm saying is let's move on and enjoy some TF2. Image

Amen. :3
ImageSirnak the Wild CarImage
Sirnak
Donator

by Ackybur » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Cliff notes: I am now the face of slaybox 2! See y'all there. Y'all.
Ackybur
Donator

by Sussy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:04 am

And Cutler and I will do commentary soon on Slaybox2.
Sussy
Donator

by Ackybur » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 am

Sussy wrote:And Cutler and I will do commentary soon on Slaybox2.

:D
Ackybur
Donator

by Nikki Wolf » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 am

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Cliff notes: I am now the face of slaybox 2! See y'all there. Y'all.

But I don't see you there Image What time are you on, so I can get my ass kicked by you?
Nikki Wolf

by Failhorse » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:45 am

Hey look. Problem solved.

You reap what you sow.
Now let us move on.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by psyk » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:20 am

I .. LOve you !
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by Ackybur » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Vintage Meat Boy wrote:
Admiral Ackybur wrote:Cliff notes: I am now the face of slaybox 2! See y'all there. Y'all.

But I don't see you there Image What time are you on, so I can get my ass kicked by you?

Hey! Ummmmmm I'm usually on around 6 or 7 mountain time. It varies a lot lately. Mostly been in lobbies lately
Ackybur
Donator

by Maringue » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:10 am

I'm pretty sure I locked this bitch up for a reason...
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Failhorse » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Funny how it randomly gets unlocked. hmmmm. like someone wants to start problems.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by psyk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Failhorse wrote:Funny how it randomly gets unlocked. hmmmm. like someone wants to start problems.

Its still locked... Unfortunately, moderators can still post on locked topics.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2