In-community tournament Team Distribution Poll.

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

How should we go about on Team Distribution?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Completely Random Teams.
35%
Fixed Teams.
65%

Total votes : 20

In-community tournament Team Distribution Poll.

by Enigma » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Alright listen up lads and lassies. I'm here to help out Amplify with the upcoming In-Community Tournament (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=736). One of the most anticipated question while putting the tourney together is team distribution. So we're just going to let the community poll and see what they like. I'll let this run for about 2 weeks. VOTE NOW and discuss.
Last edited by Enigma on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma

Re: In-community tournament Team Distribution Poll.

by Ackybur » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:26 pm

I feel the teams should be fixed. How else are we going to tell who is better than the other if it's random? Pick your friends wisely.
Ackybur
Donator

by Mike808 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:05 pm

if fixed teams gets voted then no one can complain about zclipes and snow on the same team

even though that would be completely unfair
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by duck » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:11 pm

I have a few friends who aren't in the community but some of my team will be
duck

by jameless » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:34 pm

I think if you guys do this you should do fixed teams selected based on KDR. If you do random teams and one is OP then noone will have fun. If you do fixed teams letting captains pick then players feel left out if they aren't picked or the tournament ends up lapsided based on better captain-player choices rather than overall skill or cohesion of a team.
jameless

by Toaster » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:46 pm

This might be interesting after all
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Ackybur » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:46 pm

No captain, because people can quit. Just get 5 friends and signup.
Ackybur
Donator

by Echoplex » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:22 pm

I think captains and a private draft would be best, but I could easily see us having way more soldiers/demos than scouts

Also, I'm finally going home tomorrow to my real comp and mic :D :D :D :D :D We should get some of us interested people without comp experience and start lobbying together

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by duck » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:33 pm

i agree with big bear. though i will be picked last. we could all just nominate captains.
duck

by squar3d » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:No captain, because people can quit. Just get 5 friends and signup.

easy for you to say, some people have crap stats... therefore i vote for random or a draft of eligible players
squar3d
Donator

by MrVulf » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:02 pm

I think there should be a private draft with two captains :D
^^^Another quality post brought to you by Vulfovich.^^^
MrVulf

by Ackybur » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:44 pm

You people make it seem like there is only going to be 12 people that want to do this. It's 6 people to a team, and if there are only 2 captains....yeah. Anyways, I think if people are interested they should ask friends to join, especially if those friends aren't on CsN. It gets the name out there, more variety, and more of a competition than one round of luck players. We should leave it as an open enrollment to all, and get our name out there. There are going to be people in this who you've probably played once with, and you wouldn't want to pick them because you're not sure how they play (even if they're really good). I say this : Make an enrollment thread, and have people post up their prepicked teams. That will start our tree grid of who faces off against who. During the month of Feb. these teams can practice on tf2lobby.com and figure out what they need to do to win. Make it more group oriented, and not a large cluster fuck of jr. high basketball team picking. Maybe have it so they need to post all six players on their team by the end of Jan., and if someone wants to play but doesn't have all 6, they can make a post asking for what they need or claiming their availability.

I've got my other 5 already picked out and ready to go, do you?
Ackybur
Donator

by Enigma » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:You people make it seem like there is only going to be 12 people that want to do this. It's 6 people to a team, and if there are only 2 captains....yeah. Anyways, I think if people are interested they should ask friends to join, especially if those friends aren't on CsN. It gets the name out there, more variety, and more of a competition than one round of luck players. We should leave it as an open enrollment to all, and get our name out there. There are going to be people in this who you've probably played once with, and you wouldn't want to pick them because you're not sure how they play (even if they're really good). I say this : Make an enrollment thread, and have people post up their prepicked teams. That will start our tree grid of who faces off against who. During the month of Feb. these teams can practice on tf2lobby.com and figure out what they need to do to win. Make it more group oriented, and not a large cluster fuck of jr. high basketball team picking. Maybe have it so they need to post all six players on their team by the end of Jan., and if someone wants to play but doesn't have all 6, they can make a post asking for what they need or claiming their availability.

I've got my other 5 already picked out and ready to go, do you?

Wow, that was exactly what I was thinking. Me and Amplify will try to make a new thread for team enrollment soon.
Enigma

by captainmoop » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:14 pm

Ackybur, no stealing the whole enigma team :(
captainmoop

by squar3d » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:25 am

pending the highly probable denial of two offers i have at least 3 (and up to 5) slots open for team Lameduck or NoChanceInHell or We'reJustHere4TehSandviches.
squar3d
Donator

by Ackybur » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:42 am

captainmoop wrote:Ackybur, no stealing the whole enigma team :(

rofl im not
Ackybur
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2