Help me out here guys...

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Help me out here guys...

by Sanic-X » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:17 pm

So I fucked up and made a bad trade a while ago. This asshat took advantage over the fact that I didn't know how to use trade offers and swindled me out of four cans of paint worth about 18 refined. I keep asking for my payment, and they removed me from their friends list. They also expressed interest in some other items, for a total of 3 keys and 1 ref (including that paint from before). I sent them 3 trade offers, and they declined all of them. I even offered to forget about the refined metal and only asked for 3 keys, and they declined that too. They have more than enough keys to pay for everything, yet they won't pay me or contact me. I'm really losing my patience here and want my payment. Should I report them? I really don't know what to do here. Please help!
..::..-context is important-..::..
gotta go fast
Sanic-X
Blue Admin

Re: Help me out here guys...

by Balubish » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:40 pm

Sanic-X wrote:So I fucked up and made a bad trade a while ago. This asshat took advantage over the fact that I didn't know how to use trade offers and swindled me out of four cans of paint worth about 18 refined. I keep asking for my payment, and they removed me from their friends list. They also expressed interest in some other items, for a total of 3 keys and 1 ref (including that paint from before). I sent them 3 trade offers, and they declined all of them. I even offered to forget about the refined metal and only asked for 3 keys, and they declined that too. They have more than enough keys to pay for everything, yet they won't pay me or contact me. I'm really losing my patience here and want my payment. Should I report them? I really don't know what to do here. Please help!

So how did they get the paint then? Did you give them the paint first and they told u to pay you later?

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by Sanic-X » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Balubish wrote:So how did they get the paint then? Did you give them the paint first and they told u to pay you later?

The trade offer they sent me (that I accepted sigh) was a 'gift' where I received nothing in return. They said they would pay me back, but nothing.
gotta go fast
Sanic-X
Blue Admin

by Nikki Wolf » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:08 pm

If a total stranger says they will pay you back later, it's a scam.

But yeah, you can report users for scamming. I recommend having proof to back up your case, if you have any to share.
Nikki Wolf

by Sanic-X » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:36 pm

Unfortunately, I lost the chat logs. But I reported them. I don't expect my paints back, but I don't want anyone else falling for a scam like I did.
gotta go fast
Sanic-X
Blue Admin

by taco man » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:06 pm

I'm sorry bud but 4 cans of paint? Thats so sad.

As me being a old tf2 unusaul trader, ive been scammed so many times out of hundreds of dollars of buds its a joke.

Accept it and move on. Ive accepted my 20+ buds being scammed a loooong time ago.
taco man
Donator
Dota 2. for it all. Its a 30$ value!

by Sanic-X » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:51 pm

taco man wrote:I'm sorry bud but 4 cans of paint? Thats so sad.

As me being a old tf2 unusaul trader, ive been scammed so many times out of hundreds of dollars of buds its a joke.

Accept it and move on. Ive accepted my 20+ buds being scammed a loooong time ago.

I know it's pocket change really, but it's a lot to me. I'm just really mad at myself for getting myself into this. Ah well. Not much I can do at this point anyway.
gotta go fast
Sanic-X
Blue Admin

by Ron Swansons Stache » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:42 am

Have you heard back from your report? I would just keep bitching and reaching out to higher ups to ensure you get your stuff refunded. Squeaky wheel gets the oil, and if you complain enough to the right people you'll be heard.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by that shiny mudkip » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Sorry to say, but i believe those cans of paint are gone. Valve won't restore them
that shiny mudkip
Blue Admin

by Mousefox13 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:50 am

They will be missed. :(
ARE YOU KNOW?
Mousefox13

by Sanic-X » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:28 pm

rip sanic's paint
u will be forever missed
:c