Connection Issues

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Connection Issues

by Scooty » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Has anyone else been having any outstanding connection problems? Because my average ping on any CSN server is upwards of 200 nowadays, and shit like this and this have been happening waaaaaaaay too often, and it's fucking infuriating.
My axe, your ass. Also airblasts, sometimes.
Scooty

Re: Connection Issues

by doller » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:31 pm

I've been getting connection issues, and I notice it usually happens when 26/24 people are on the server.
doller

by fingerman » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Scooty wrote:Has anyone else been having any outstanding connection problems? Because my average ping on any CSN server is upwards of 200 nowadays, and shit like this and this have been happening waaaaaaaay too often, and it's fucking infuriating.

All servers all the time?
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Maringue » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:02 am

I think it might have something to do with something between you and the server. I was in the sever yesterday and saw several peoples' ping jump to about double what they normally are. About half of the players connected seemed to be affected. Interestingly, my ping stayed normal.

More to what you are talking about (items showing up wrong, ect), I did have fun watching a sniper headshot people with a frying pan. Stuff like that has been happening much more frequently of late.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Scooty » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:58 am

fingerman wrote:All servers all the time?

I mostly have a pretty bad connection on other servers as well, but stuff like never happens there, and my ping usually never jumps above the 250 mark. And like Maringue said, this has been happening more often as of late.
My axe, your ass. Also airblasts, sometimes.
Scooty

by Balubish » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:06 am

Scooty wrote:Has anyone else been having any outstanding connection problems? Because my average ping on any CSN server is upwards of 200 nowadays, and shit like this and this have been happening waaaaaaaay too often, and it's fucking infuriating.

Only thing I've noticed is when I for example join a slaybox with a few players my ping is around 160 and when the server Is full I have around 175-180 so It seems when there are a few more players the ping rises a bit.

If this issue Is a normal thing I don't know, but maybe someone here knows.

Also don't have any webbrowser up In windows, It might rise your ping and also make It jump around.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Return to Team Fortress 2