CSN nocrit server

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

CSN nocrit server

by doller » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:20 am

In the past, Csn has always debated having a nocrit server, and gone against it. There are a lot of obstacles to running a nocrit server-they're nigh-impossible to pop, and some people prefer random crits (god knows why). Snowsickle's pub is usually empty. The only successful fully nocrit server is STAR's, because it has an army of regular comp players in it 24/7.

However, the other day, I was on a Ducksoup Gaming server, which Not_duck recommended to me, and I came across a rather unique server plugin, that allows players to set a preference for crits or nocrits. The server starts off with crits enabled to pop, and then, they are turned off or on depending on how the players vote. I think that it would be great if we could consider putting this plugin on at least one of the Slayboxes.

PS: If all else fails, https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=207216
doller

Re: CSN nocrit server

by check six » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Just make the fucking server a 24/7 MGE server. We've been over this, MGE is almost always in demand, it'll usually popped, literally nobody should care about dying in bullshit ways in pubs because that's literally how pubs work. Hell, random crits are part of why I find pubs fun in the first place, and as MAD AS I TEND TO GET AT VIDEO GAMES it's usually something I yell about and then keep playing. Also bullshit ubersaw kills 8)

(COMPLETE HYPOCRISY UPCOMING ONE SECOND) Don't understand why people tend to take pubs so seriously.
any questions? #meatshot
check six

by Maringue » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Don't hate my ubersaw crits.

Also, we have a no crits no spread server already. Snowsicles box.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by check six » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:41 pm

Yeah, and like nobody is EVER in it.
EVER.
Unless it's MGE.
any questions? #meatshot
check six

by Rosey » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:50 am

Maringue wrote:Don't hate my ubersaw crits.

The last time I went in there with RD to use mge, it actually had random crits and spread on. It was annoying to lose a battle because of a fucking crit rocket
Rosey
Blue Admin

by doller » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:46 pm

Rosey wrote:
Maringue wrote:Don't hate my ubersaw crits.

The last time I went in there with RD to use mge, it actually had random crits and spread on. It was annoying to lose a battle because of a fucking crit rocket

That's the thing-if random crits are turned off, then no one ever goes in. Maybe if we made the server permanently MGE, people would go in, but I've also tried using Snowsickle's for a private MGE match, only to find random crits on. I think a plugin for voting would allow the server to pop while still allowing no random crits if people wanted them.
doller

by RolandoGamble » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:12 am

Here you can get into the Fairy Tale World with True Blood Season 5 DVD actors!
RolandoGamble

by CR33D » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:51 am

RolandoGamble wrote:Also, we have a no crits no spread server already. Snowsicles box.

Oh, the one with an average total of 0 people on it?
I deal ¹º² Damage with my favorite gun.
I also spend way to much time on the forum.

HOW THE **** DO I GET IMAGES WORKING?

http://i.imgur.com/3pXBPQs.gif
CR33D

by doller » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:02 pm

CR33D wrote:
RolandoGamble wrote:Also, we have a no crits no spread server already. Snowsicles box.

Yes, that one. Clearly, what we have now isn't working.
doller

by Maringue » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:27 pm

doller wrote:
CR33D wrote:

My point in talking about Snowscicle's box is to highlight the demand, or lack thereof, for a no crit no spread server. It just seems to me that people like to bitch about random crits waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than they actually want to play in a server that has no random crits.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by CR33D » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:31 pm

Maringue wrote:
doller wrote:
CR33D wrote:

My point in talking about Snowscicle's box is to highlight the demand, or lack thereof, for a no crit no spread server. It just seems to me that people like to bitch about random crits waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than they actually want to play in a server that has no random crits.

I just find it extremely hard to pop. I've sat there for like 40 minutes, waiting for other people, and nobody joins.
I deal ¹º² Damage with my favorite gun.
I also spend way to much time on the forum.

HOW THE **** DO I GET IMAGES WORKING?

http://i.imgur.com/3pXBPQs.gif
CR33D

by Cash » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:08 pm

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that one of the slayboxes used to hold crit/no crit votes. I don't remember how that turned out, but I guess it must not have turned out too well since we aren't doing it anymore. As others mentioned, it's really just an issue about a lack of demand for a server like that. The vast majority of TF2 players do not play competitively and don't really mind random crits. In fact, most of those players probably like having them since they are the ones who benefit from them. The people who most dislike them are generally the server regulars. I don't know about y'all but I'd much rather have a full server with crits than an empty one without them. I wish there was a way to please everybody, but there isn't really a viable solution.

Just my $0.02
This is a signature. Thank you for your time.
Cash

by Echoplex » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:04 pm

If I remember right, we looked into a sourcemod plugin that could turn crits on or off depending on a user vote but it required a server restart to take effect. Not sure if that's still the case

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by Maringue » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Cash, slaybox 2 used to be no crits, but it was permanent and never could be voted on.

Since Valve switch to this new server selection process, servers with mods like no crit/no spread are very, very hard to populate because they show up on the bottom of the list (because of the no crit/no spread), so you get no random people joining.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2