Please increase time/rounds played on 5cp maps.

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Please increase time/rounds played on 5cp maps.

by xalde » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:17 am

I love 5cp maps, I consider them my reward for having to put up with the multitude of Hightower maps the skyboxes play. Yet when I finally get to play a 5cp map, it usually only lasts five minutes! Compare that to a half hour payload race or any other map type. Map settings seem to be set to change after only 2 rounds, which is just too low for a 5cp map. Doesn't even give time to scramble the teams if needed. Heck this last one I played still had 25 minutes left of the map to play and yet we hit that "cap" and it switched maps. Hours before I suffered through an extensively long round of special delivery, that map reaching many many rounds and seemed to last forever.

Please extend the 5cp maps! I love these servers but just don't get enough time on those maps.
xalde
Donator

Re: Please increase time/rounds played on 5cp maps.

by stanley » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:15 am

this has always been something that has annoyed me. Is there anyway to make a vote on whether to extend the map?its especially annoying if the game is really close. Maybe an "extend the map by 15 minutes" vote or something to that effect

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by Fence! » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:00 am

stanley wrote:Is there anyway to make a vote on whether to extend the map?
I think this option might exist in the admin options if you call a mapvote but I think it should appear by default upon automated mapvotes... If the majority of people are having fun on a cp map I don't see any reason to change it until there is a shift in server opinion.
i am only 88
Fence!

by Maringue » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:02 pm

We can also change the round limit on 5 cp maps. That way if you have two quick rounds the map won't change. I don't know if there is a way to put a minimum amount of time on a map, but that's also something to be investigated.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Beartato » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 pm

IMO, ideally there should be a minimum amount of time that a map is played before a switch is possible. Set it to, let's say, 15 minutes for CP. That way it won't be immediately switched just because one team was able to scout-rush effectively twice. (And more importantly, if a team is getting rolled three times, an auto-scramble can actually happen). After 15 minutes, the map can switch with the completion of the current round (assuming it would be the end of at least two rounds).

I would be rather against an extend-map option. I foresee it mostly being used to extend plr_crapwhatever instead of something like cp_awesome.

Also, put a max timer of 33 seconds on plr_hightower.

And remove CTF/SD from the map rotations. Also cp_mountainlab.

(Okay the last two aren't completely serious...)
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by Rologton » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Hightower would be perfect if you dicks didn't always go Gunslinger. :C

But seriously:

I support this a lot. It's something that's come up before. I personally really like 5cp maps. Before I found CSn I basically only played on servers that were playing 5cp at the time. I don't get to play them much any more, and when I do they're over so quickly it isn't even fun. I would say they should end after 5 round or 30 minutes, whichever comes first.

In fact, I think that's how every map should work. Part of the issue that people have with Hightower is that it goes on forever, and while I don't mind (unless some douchebag goes Gunslinger :C ) because I like Scout stomping, I can see why it would get annoying to have a 40 minute stalemate followed by a whole other round. What I say should happen is that maps that are like that have a cap of both 2 rounds, like it currently has, and 30 minutes. So, if you have a big stalemate that lasts forever you don't have to go through another. I would prefer it not to just end after 30 minutes, that way those rare games where it's a 45 minutes stalemate because everybody is playing for realzies and attacking/defending really well don't feel like they got robbed by the timer running out. In that case, if a round goes over 30 minutes, once it's done it moves on to the next map.

Since we're on the subject, another issue is with Pipeline. I can't remember if Nightfall does this, but I know that after Pipeline goes through it's 3 maps it switches teams, much like a regular Payload map. But since it's not an issue of each player getting a chance to attack and defend, since it's plr, all that ends up happening is you get 6 agonizing rounds of Pipeline, which is just a godawful map. Is there a way that we can end the teams from switching so we only get the 3 rounds?

Finally, since we're on the subject: Remove Well. 5cp and CTF. It's just a terrible, terrible map and every second on it is agonizing.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Guy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Willing to buy a 24/7 Granary and Hydro server.

God, I miss Hydro.
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by Hatred » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:35 pm

i would have to agree ... 5CP maps are my fav (fastlane is favorite lulz) and they can be one sided .... then scramble ... makes worse ... scramble and bam well balanced 20 mins 1 round center is back and forth .... then as stated before time over half way through the round ... ill i would have to say is if the time is increased that the rtv vote requirment is lowered so its possible to skip ... right ?

and shit do i ever hate plr maps
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

by Beartato » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:10 am

Rologton wrote:Finally, since we're on the subject: Remove Well. 5cp and CTF. It's just a terrible, terrible map and every second on it is agonizing.

Yes. This and hightower are the only two maps I go gunslinger on because I want to spite everyone.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by xalde » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:18 am

Beartato wrote:Yes. This and hightower are the only two maps I go gunslinger on because I want to spite everyone.

Same here. No matter how many people seem to hate against plr it always wins the vote, so to show my disdain I go gunslinger.

I really don't know what the perfect solution should be, but I know having more then 2 rounds for map change would be nice. Enforce time limits on the other maps, and have an option for people to vote to extend the map when 5 minutes are left if they wish. Maybe have the vote be won by 2/3 of the vote instead of half.
xalde
Donator

by Hatred » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:15 pm

Guy wrote:Willing to buy a 24/7 Granary and Hydro server.

God, I miss Hydro.

oh hell yeah
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

by Rologton » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:30 pm

On a side note: In over 2 years of playing this game, I've never once played Hydro...
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by xalde » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Seems to be fixed, far better than before. Much thanks <3
xalde
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2