somebody anybody

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

somebody anybody

by Newport » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:48 pm

fix my tf2
it keeps crashing for no reasons.
HALP

"Ruler Zig Zag, Zig-Allah jam is fatal, Quick to stick my Wu-Tang sword right through ya navel"
"You can see the weakness of a man right through his iris, Un-loyal snakes get thrown in boilin lakes"
Newport

Re: somebody anybody

by stanley » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:14 pm

are you running dx8?

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by xalde » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Is your computer plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you connected to the Internet? Try cycling your modem, then restart your computer. Try uninstalling your program, then reinstall it. Throw your computer out the window.

Without more info that's the best you're going to get.
xalde
Donator

by Rologton » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

Try defragging and verifying integrity.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by xalde » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Reverse the polarity, that always works.
xalde
Donator

by Newport » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:01 pm

lol xalde, and yeah i was in dxlevel81 took that off it still crashed tried verifying and defragging still crashes.
WUT DO

"Ruler Zig Zag, Zig-Allah jam is fatal, Quick to stick my Wu-Tang sword right through ya navel"
"You can see the weakness of a man right through his iris, Un-loyal snakes get thrown in boilin lakes"
Newport

by Rologton » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:03 pm

You might just have to delete and reinstall it. :|
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Failhorse » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Failhorse
Red Admin

by stanley » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Newport wrote:lol xalde, and yeah i was in dxlevel81 took that off it still crashed tried verifying and defragging still crashes.
WUT DO

did you -dxlevel91 in launch options?

stanley

by Newport » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:26 pm

nah I haven't tried 9 yet, I'll give it a shot.
this shit is pissing me off its so spontaneous like it'll run for 5 mins or it'll crash as soon as i start

Newport

by Newport » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:31 pm

nope that doesn't work either :|

Newport

by Newport » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:38 pm

I give up. nothing works
/wrists

Newport

by stanley » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:39 pm

there has been a problem with dx8 where the game crashes whenever someone else joins the server, but if you tried dxlevel91 and that didnt work i dont know what it is.

stanley

by Newport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:04 am

yeah i don't know what the fucks going on.
i'm attempting to reinstall and see.
i even tried taking out -dxlevel91 -full -w 1600 -h 900 -console -novid -useforcedmparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

Newport

by Newport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:26 am

welp reinstalling didn't work.

Newport

by Wakka » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:40 am

isnt it -dxlevel 95
Wakka

by stanley » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:02 am

Wakka wrote:isnt it -dxlevel 95

that would work too, but i think dxlevel 91 has the lowest settings while still not crashing

stanley

by Newport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:55 am

I've given up.
free items everywhere

Newport

by Drawed » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:57 am

Wakka wrote:

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Drawed

by fingerman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:17 am

Failhorse wrote:Image

This might apply:

fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Failhorse » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 am

put in a support ticket.
i also suggest opening your box and cleaning out the crap. dust is bad and can have surprising side effects. take out your video card and re-seat it.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Newport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:47 am

lol I've got onboard but i keep my pc purrty clean.
and where the hell has wakka been

Newport

by Newport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:01 pm

well it was just working for like 10 mins and explode.
damn this cruel world

Newport

by xalde » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:19 pm

You know I'm going to sound like a prick, but I don't care right now because passive agressive stances aren't working. Instead of going "wah wah is broke plz fix!!" how about you give us some actual info to work with. Right now I don't have a pink-heart's clue as to what is going on other than it crashes on you. That's nice, but it could be a million things! Do you receive any error messages, or does it just close? If so what do you do before it closes, any trends or patterns? Does it crash just TF2 or does it crash you out of Steam. What else are you doing in the background? Are you using any add-ons for TF2? What operating system, is it up to date? What video card, is that up to date? How about other specs like processor and ram and such? ISP, cable wireless DSL? How are other games in and out of Steam doing? Anything and everything you can mention regarding the crash And your computer helps infinitely more than your whining and cries for "omg plz fix /wrist".

Otherwise I and probably most everyone here are not going to give a pink-heart about this and will give you useless tips like "reinstall your operating system" or "take a hammer to your keyboard and see if that helps" or "try restarting your computer".
xalde
Donator

by Drawed » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:06 pm

xalde wrote:You know I'm going to sound like a prick, but I don't care right now because passive agressive stances aren't working. Instead of going "wah wah is broke plz fix!!" how about you give us some actual info to work with. Right now I don't have a pink-heart's clue as to what is going on other than it crashes on you. That's nice, but it could be a million things! Do you receive any error messages, or does it just close? If so what do you do before it closes, any trends or patterns? Does it crash just TF2 or does it crash you out of Steam. What else are you doing in the background? Are you using any add-ons for TF2? What operating system, is it up to date? What video card, is that up to date? How about other specs like processor and ram and such? ISP, cable wireless DSL? How are other games in and out of Steam doing? Anything and everything you can mention regarding the crash And your computer helps infinitely more than your whining and cries for "omg plz fix /wrist".

Otherwise I and probably most everyone here are not going to give a pink-heart about this and will give you useless tips like "reinstall your operating system" or "take a hammer to your keyboard and see if that helps" or "try restarting your computer".

As much as I love being a bitch, Dunn has tried all that. I'm just as much at a loss for ideas as he is.
Drawed

by xalde » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Drawed wrote:As much as I love being a bitch, Dunn has tried all that. I'm just as much at a loss for ideas as he is.

See that'd be a good thing to share, because there is no info in the original postings so since I don't talk to them or even know them I'd have no clue, and then I see a "wha wah fix it!" and it makes me rage not knowing anything they might have already done or tried or even stats of computer/programs/add-ons.

Moral of story, you want strangers to help, give info because we are not telepathic nor omniscient.
xalde
Donator

by Failhorse » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:12 pm

He also hasn't tried doing that thing that creates a dump file. That'd probably explain what exactly was making it crash. Though I don't remember how to do it.
Onboard GFX though can be the root cause. Can you play other games?

Might i suggest doing this properly. As said above. We don't know your equipment or OS. So not really going to be helpful.
I'd suggest first. type msconfig go to services. check hide microsoft blah blah, unclick all. close. don't restart. Start TF2 and see if you still have problems.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Newport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Well yeah I didn't go in depth because I figured it was a quick fix lol but the only add-ons I have are frankenhud and i updated that when it started crashing I'm not doing anything in particular it only crashes TF2 hell when i quit TF2 it tries to crash. as for pc specs uh i5 2310 8gb ram onboard intel hd graphics

Newport

by Newport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:36 pm

But as for playing other games everything works great even Skyrims high demanding ass

Newport

by Failhorse » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:04 pm

How can you have an I5 but on-board graphics? That's retarded.

OK anyway. Delete TF2.
Don't just delete it from steam.
go
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\yournamehere\team fortress 2

and delete everything there too.

then go and delete

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps
delete all the .gcf files related to tf2, and source 2007.

When you delete tf2 from steam. You're not really deleting it all of your computer. Shocker.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Newport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:41 pm

You're telling me but I haven't had the money for a real vidya card and alright I'll try this after i resolve this phone issue i'm having.
thanks Failhorse

Newport

by Shotgunbob » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Rub a magnet all over the case.
Shotgunbob

by Newport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:45 pm

lol that would just ruin my life.

Newport

by Newport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Well that was a pain in the ass.

But I'm onto this now and we'll see what happens

Newport

by xalde » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Sorry for being such a prick earlier, but it is just really frustrating trying to help but not knowing anything about the problem while getting constant cries for help.

Anyway, thanks for the added info. My thoughts, and I don't know if you had tried this or not, is to just remove all add-ons from TF2 and just run it plain. Seeing how your other games work fine, I'm thinking that something with the add-on could be causing it to crash.
xalde
Donator

by Newport » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:32 pm

lol it's alright I didn't think about giving info to fix the problem.
but I think Failhorseys solution has fixed it but my game just froze and i had to task manager that bitch but if it's frankenhud that sucks

Newport

by Failhorse » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 pm

So you deleted tf2, reinstalled, then reinstalled frankenhud?
shame.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Newport » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:23 am

yeah i'm guessing it was frankenhud which sucks because I liked that HUD but it works fine now
thanks everyone and sorry i wasn't specific at first lol

Newport

Return to Team Fortress 2