The Start of a New, Horribly Amusing Commentary

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

The Start of a New, Horribly Amusing Commentary

by Boler » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Hello Folks,

It has been a long while since I have played TF2, for the main reason that my computer is just pretty bad at playing the game anymore, and all the skins and configs in the world seem to not really do their justice. So for awhile, I quit, and lost all hope in enjoying one of my favorite games.

Then, I came back, realized that it was still playable and that I was just being a depressing human being. As a matter of fact, I bet that all of you, even those who I have never met and don't know the names of, have always wondered what it would be like to play on a terrible computer. Some of you may have even tried this great fun for yourself, but please, don't spoil the wonders for everyone else!

To enlighten the poor souls who have not experienced this, as well as all humanoid based life forms, I have decided to start a commentary series dedicated to proving that you can, in fact, play TF2 decently on a not really that decent computer! The first episode is not really a first episode though, but is more of a pilot really, blatently setting out to simply see what happens, and adjusting the controls based on what is and is not working. Sort of like how a real life pilot is trained, with less deaths caused by gross inexperience; even if there is a comparable amount.

I present to you; Boler's Toaster Adventures, recorded right here on CSN! For this episode at least.

On a serious note, comments please. I want to know if this is actually entertaining to watch, horribly painfull, or somewhere in between. And for what reasons too.
--insert shameless please subscribe comment, compliments of the Automated Well Oiled Self Marketing Machine--
Image Image
I am a frequent user of random loadouts I don't really like.
Boler
Donator

Re: The Start of a New, Horribly Amusing Commentary

by Ichise » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:29 am

Jeez, hard lag right there...... Anyway, welcome back to TF2! And since you probably don't know many of us who joined during your hiatus, I'll just say hi.
Also, you sound a lot like STAR__ when you are commentating, although that's probably intentional. Or maybe that is just how to be funny in commentary. Either way, good stuff!
Will you be coming on the servers more often now, or will your interactions with TF2 be mostly limited to your commentaries?
Ichise

by Repoman » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:39 am

I enjoyed watching that, you have that powerful commentary voice.
Maybe you could do a commentary for few random games in the fun server? :D
Repoman

by Boler » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:35 pm

Repoman wrote:I enjoyed watching that, you have that powerful commentary voice.
Maybe you could do a commentary for few random games in the fun server? :D

I tried to do a live commentary a few times on the slayboxes and it was met with pretty bad reactions, so I doubt that will be something that I do. As for community commentary in general, I do not want to limit myself just to one community, especially if for some god forsaken reason I get popular, because then I'll end up claimed by some community and get stuck with all the stigmas and traits associated with said community.

As for sounding like STAR, I'm not really aiming for that. If anything I was hoping to have my own sort of angle, but I suppose I'll take being amusing to watch over anything else. Glad it isn't terrible, will need to do more then once I get some free time to mess with.
Image Image
Boler
Donator

by Beartato » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Watched a bit of it and just had a few things to say:

Good things:

1. Your damage sounds made me lol.

2. As others said, good commentary voice. Got a full sound and it's fairly distinct.

3. I was in the video.

4. Little clip at the end.

Suggestions:

1. Needs more FPS. How could you even play with 10 FPS? I'm honestly impressed.

2. 720p seems unnecessary when you're running what looks like Chris's maxframes config. Maybe dropping to 480p could help increase your frame rate (or move up to higher graphics quality).

3. Give the "setting" at the beginning of the video. Just basics like playing xxx map using yyy loadout.

4. Maybe set a goal for the round like "I'm gonna get 3 Wrap Assassin kills." Well, some of the time. Not necessarily every time.

5. Get a HUD so that every video, you're guaranteed at least one comment (and it will be "wats ur hud").

6. Show me getting more dominations.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by Boler » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Second video is done, with zero rendering issues, an official ending pic, and a nice little end clip. Also have some awesome demo footage of sniper for a later video.

Image Image
Boler
Donator

Return to Team Fortress 2