Who the fuck would want to play here?

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Who the fuck would want to play here?

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:26 am

I never knew premium servers were THIS bad: https://www.saigns.de/premium/
VoltySquirrel

Re: Who the fuck would want to play here?

by Bagger Vance » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:52 am

Pyro
- Ability to use your Flamethrower as jetpack
Bagger Vance
Donator
Photographer at Daily Bugle

by Konfy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:03 am

I used to play there a lil bit because you can test the premium features once a day for 30mins :P (at least it was like that the last time I played there)

I remember that I mostly played pyro. You can use your flamethrower as jetpack, run faster, 50hp for every kill, unlimited ammo and an increased fire rate. You just fly up the spire and spam with your flaregun until the 30mins are over and leave. :D Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay for it but it can be a lot of fun.
Konfy

by Boler » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:16 am

Konfy wrote:I used to play there a lil bit because you can test the premium features once a day for 30mins :P (at least it was like that the last time I played there)

I remember that I mostly played pyro. You can use your flamethrower as jetpack, run faster, 50hp for every kill, unlimited ammo and an increased fire rate. You just fly up the spire and spam with your flaregun until the 30mins are over and leave. :D Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay for it but it can be a lot of fun.

Saigns wrote:All Players: Flaregun Immunity

These people are not in the bussiness of fun, they are in the bussiness as making as much crack money as humanely possible off the HUEHUAHUEHUA portion of TF2.

You know, without the humane part.
Image Image
I am a frequent user of random loadouts I don't really like.
Boler
Donator

by Konfy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:57 am

Boler wrote:
Saigns wrote:All Players: Flaregun Immunity

These people are not in the bussiness of fun, they are in the bussiness as making as much crack money as humanely possible off the HUEHUAHUEHUA portion of TF2.

You know, without the humane part.

Flaregun Immunity has to be kinda new and most people didn't have premium, maybe 2-3 and the rest were random players. So I guess my flaregun spam would still work as long as there aren't to many players with premium (doesn't matter if they pay for it or just the 30mins).

The biggest problem with saigns is that many beginners play there without knowing that it's not even close to the "normal" TF2 and then they quit before they actually played it. But still it's sometimes really nice to relax on a saigns server after a day with 2-3 hours of TDM and MGE and 4-5 Maps (~2-2.5 hours) with your team, you neither have to think nor to expect your enemies to hit you.
Konfy

by Guy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:32 am

VoltySquirrel wrote:I never knew premium servers were THIS bad: https://www.saigns.de/premium/

It is awkward when... you join a server of cheaters and still manage to get several dominations and they can't kill a lone medic.
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by LegendarySurgeon » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:45 am

Yeah, when I was waiting for the CSn servers to update I played Koth_King on some other server where donators could toggle invincibility if they wanted. It was really annoying.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:47 am

The worst part about this whole shit sundae? These servers are ranked higher than your average server on Valve's matchmaking service.
VoltySquirrel

by Rologton » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Check out Nightteam Gaming, they're just as bad.

This is just plain "pay-to-win" gaming. People who actually donate don't want to be good, they don't even want to play, they just want to be better than everybody else so their dicks can feel bigger. Nightteam are some of the shitteist servers I have ever played on, and I did a lot when I started out thinking they were good. Even the people who do donate are so bad than you can easily dominate them, than they rage and bitch and moan because they wasted $15 bucks and they're still aweful. At first I was on only when there weren't any donators, and due to overloading the servers with bots (always fucking Engies) and fast respawn times, the playerbase was aweful. Then donators started appearing. Heavys beating me to mid as Scout? DH Soldiers never having to reload and having full blast radius? Engies dropping 3 Sentries that build up at Gunslinger speed? Yeah, fuck that.

Although Saigns does have the imfamous crit-rocket dispenser, so nothing can get quite that bad. The sad part is just how much money they make. :|
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Nikki Wolf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Rologton wrote:Check out Nightteam Gaming, they're just as bad.

I agree. I played on one of their servers once because a friend of mine IRL wanted to play TF2 with me. Horrible server, and pay-to-win is fucking stupid in general -w-
Nikki Wolf

by PieWars » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Saigns is pretty awful, but Nightteam is even fucking worse. I played on their servers once, left when I got killed by 8 Lvl 3 sentries built by the same Engineer. Also, bots everywhere on their servers.
PieWars

by Skipstjori » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Does LotusClan still do this? I recall buying extra scout jumps, etc. I think these days they just let you pretend you have an unusual while on their server. As long as it's aesthetics, if it helps people donate, then hey. But a jetpacking pyro is hard to pass up :lol:
Skipstjori

by Rologton » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Yeah, I think it's all cosmetic stuff now. I know they still use tons of bots, though.

Honestly, people should want to donate because they like the community, and the little benefits should be a way for the community to thank them for the donations. They shouldn't be the reason people donate.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Spyder » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:20 pm

- Ability to make 5 double jumps in one row

Image Image
Spyder

by Maringue » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:44 am

Spyder wrote:
- Ability to make 5 double jumps in one row

These fall into the same catagory:
- Homing rockets (secondary attack)
- (New) Clip size of 6 with the Loch N Load
- Faster reload and always perfect aiming with the bow

And I love this one, I don't think that means what they think it means:
- (New) Increased spin up time for all miniguns
Maringue
Blue Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2