Raise class limits on FB1

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Raise class limits on FB1

by Zeno293 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:26 pm

It really dissapoints me when on Fun Maps there (usually is) a Scout/Sniper/Engineer who is "Friendly" on maps such-as pl_minepit who refuse to give up the class to people who ask nicely, and curse them out on it. I don't think the limits should be just 1

Reasons behind:
Scout - Should stay the same, or maybe two. I don't care for scout as much as other people.
Engie - Two. Because, one teleporter just isn't enough, nor a battle engie.
Sniper - Two. Most of theese people in LN never go to pubs/slayboxes (because they suck?) and I really am dissapoint when I see a sniper with hitmans + razor + ??? that just basically bodyshot/miss every shot.
6:18 PM - Phantasmal Rez: I am no longer mama rez
6:18 PM - Zeno: ok pappa rez
Zeno293
Donator
Community tryharder that makes 8yrs rage

Re: Raise class limits on FB1

by Grey Fox » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:36 pm

i gotta agree id say we need 2 scouts and 2 snipers. the engie limit can be understandable on some maps, but now that saxton is no longer pushed back by sentries its less of an issue anyway.
Grey Fox
Pink Admin

by SnakeShesh » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:50 pm

I agree Completely, Sniper is a Used class so having 2 people who are not Donors or Admins be sniper is a Good idea.
Also, if there is 2 snipers on the Team and one is a Donor, or an Admin, we would like if the Admin/Donor can Get off Sniper and then let the non Admin/Donor go onto Sniper, the Admin/Donor can get back onto the Class anyway.
SnakeShesh

by GoDM1N » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:07 pm

Zeno293 wrote:Engie - Two. Because, one teleporter just isn't enough, nor a battle engie.
Most of the fun maps are pretty small so I don't see why this is a problem. On top of that the ones that are big generally don't even need engis (think wacky races or balloon race) It would be a problem however if there were lvl 3 sentries all over those small maps.

Sniper - Two. Most of theese people in LN never go to pubs/slayboxes (because they suck?) and I really am dissapoint when I see a sniper with hitmans + razor + ??? that just basically bodyshot/miss every shot.

So you want me to tell people to get off sniper because they're bad?
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Smeemo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:12 pm

No to the Scout suggestion. Scout is the most easily countered class in the game: Pick Soldier; Shoot rockets at the ground; Win! Or if you're an asshole with no moral compass and also you were raised by baboons, use Natascha.

Maybe two Engies. Maybe on a map-by-map basis. Probably not.

And two Snipers are plenty. Otherwise you'll have 1/3 of the team sniping.
Smeemo

by GoDM1N » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:42 pm

GoDM1N
Donator

by Zeno293 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:22 pm

GoDM1N wrote:

0:26, our average sniper player

GoDM1N wrote:So you want me to tell people to get off sniper because they're bad?

I'm saying in case the team is underpowered that we would have someone else who (hopefully) saves the team
Last edited by Zeno293 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeno293
Donator

by GoDM1N » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Zeno293 wrote:I'm saying in case the team is underpowered that we would have someone else who (hopefully) saves the team

What if you have two bad snipers taking up the slots? Seeing how in your words most of the people on the LN suck that seems highly likely. Also if you want someone to save the team go heavy and find a medic. I don't recall a sniper ever saving a team in a pub. Another note is if your team is underpowered adding another sniper would only hurt your team that much more, so I really don't get why you're suggesting adding another sniper to a crap team would help things

I'll bring this up in our next meeting, but we've been talking about this for a few days now via PMs and I cant help but get the impression this has little to do with concern for the balance of the servers class limit and a lot more to do with you only wanting to play sniper as you sit in spawn.
GoDM1N
Donator

by Zeno293 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:38 pm

One more thing,

GoDM1N wrote:
Zeno293 wrote:I'm saying in case the team is underpowered that we would have someone else who (hopefully) saves the team

What if you have two bad snipers taking up the slots?

Two is (at some cases) better than one, and it really does seperate if we have anything like friendlies on maps suchas Kakariko who as mentioned before,refuse to change class because they want to be the "Friendly Sniper" and do practically nothing but stand around. Also so I wouldn't have to ask admins nicely to get off a limited class for a moment so that another player/me may be the desired class
Zeno293
Donator

by GoDM1N » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Zeno293 wrote:One more thing,

GoDM1N wrote:

What if you have two bad snipers taking up the slots?

Two is (at some cases) better than one, and it really does seperate if we have anything like friendlies on maps suchas Kakariko who as mentioned before,refuse to change class because they want to be the "Friendly Sniper" and do practically nothing but stand around. Also so I wouldn't have to ask admins nicely to get off a limited class for a moment so that another player/me may be the desired class

No you'd still have to ask that. Changing it to two wouldn't mean no one else ever uses the slot. Also we decided to keep the limits the same.
GoDM1N
Donator

by Saber » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 am

OUR BULLETS WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN
Saber

Return to Team Fortress 2