Duck's Helpful Tips for Trading

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Duck's Helpful Tips for Trading

by duck » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:02 pm

So... I'm going to start a thread that gives advice about random trading tips, I'll update with a new post once a day.

Todays' topic: Max's Severed Head
Worth: 2 earbuds and 1 nicely painted bills hat (It was once worth 1.5 earbuds at its low and 6 earbuds at its high)
Method of Obtaining: Pre-order "Sam and Max: The devils playhouse" in april of 2010, or trading for one.

The Max Head is a very high demand item, it's an all class hat that is the servered head of max, the protagonist in "Sam and Max: The devils playhouse", who happens to be a bunny rabbit.

Some red flags when purchasing a max head:
Look at the level of the max head, if it is level 1,7 or 77 there is a very good chance that it has been duplicated.
Most people dont know what a dupplicated item is, this was an exploit when there was a large update (i forget which update it was) in which, with steam trading, a Russian hacker was able to duplicated 99 lvl 1 Max's Severed Head's (along with some level 7s and 77s).
Not all max heads are dupped at those levels, but i would urge you not to invest in them unless you want to keep them. I plan on keeping mine, but it is dupped http://www.tf2items.com/id/unicornsandrainbows, http://www.tf2items.com/item/758907931
Many people will try to give proof for their "non-dupped max head" they will give either a tf2b.com link or a tf2items.com link, but click on my max head, it looks the same as thiers, so how do we know?

Truthfully we dont know whether a certain max (of lvls 1,7,77) is dupped, All in all, dont invest in those levels unless you plan on keeping the item, and you pay less than normal price

Why to invest in a max head: They are rapidly going up in price, i bought mine for a max head (when they were 1.5 earbuds), and he added a s. festive knife (because mine is dupped), but as ive said people will offer full price if you show them "proof" (its not good to buy from a person like this, but its good to sell a level 1,7,77 max head like this) remember all of the proof and duplication stuff is only for a level 1 7 and 77 max head.

Tommorows Topic: Heart Effect Unusuals
Last edited by duck on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duck

Re: Duck's Helpful Tips for Trading

by Fencerboy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm

:mrgreen:
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by FlamingOwlOfDeath » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Nice thread. Can I request that earbuds in general be a topic at some point? I am curious about some of the price fluctuations (some I understand, others not so much)
FlamingOwlOfDeath

by Rologton » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14 pm

This is cool. I'd like to try to get into trading, but I just don't know how.

Anyway, how could you proove it's a dupe or not?
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Prof_Schwartz » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Better make some post weed related this friday.....it's April 20th, aka 4/20 :D

ALSOOOOOO I'm trying to STILL sell my Peace Sign Tricorne and sweets for a Festive Tree with low effect, like Nuts n Bolts. Any advice or help?
Prof_Schwartz

by duck » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Prof_Schwartz wrote:Better make some post weed related this friday.....it's April 20th, aka 4/20 :D

ALSOOOOOO I'm trying to STILL sell my Peace Sign Tricorne and sweets for a Festive Tree with low effect, like Nuts n Bolts. Any advice or help?

Well, I am aware you main demo (i think) so i'd keep it, im really doubtful that you'd be able to get a festive tree with any effect without adding sweeteners
duck

by duck » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Rologton wrote:This is cool. I'd like to try to get into trading, but I just don't know how.

Anyway, how could you proove it's a dupe or not?

really, you can't, you used to be able to but since the accounts for the dupped hackers were banned on steam, there account info doesn't show up in the history

edit: actually, see the paint once you click the history, its a different color than mine, the real one is painted white, but mine is after eight
duck

by Prof_Schwartz » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:21 pm

duck wrote:
Prof_Schwartz wrote:Better make some post weed related this friday.....it's April 20th, aka 4/20 :D

Well, I am aware you main demo (i think) so i'd keep it, im really doubtful that you'd be able to get a festive tree with any effect without adding sweeteners

Exactly which is why im willing to add sweeteners i have some vintage hats, some all class hats, a key, metals....i've already gotten an offer for it, a flies tree, but i dont want flies, i'd rather have NaB.....
Prof_Schwartz

by duck » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Today's Topic: Heart Effect Unusuals
Method of obtaining: uncrate crates (you'll get very lucky) or trade for one

Tier: Mid High

Why? Because everyone in tf2 is gay for hearts, It expresses many themes in the game, such as the gay samureye, gay fireman, gay cowboy etc.

Many people are heart collectors and they will pay full price for heart unusual hats, so that jacks up the price of some, ie the hearts modest is worth more than the scorching modest and sunbeams modest because there are so few of them.

Why to invest in one: because they are in high demand, make sure not to pay to much, also dont invest in a cancer hat with hearts, also hearts on soldier (hats before the australian christmas update) go around the shoulders, remember that.

Next Topic: Earbuds
Last edited by duck on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duck

by xbawkzes » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:08 pm

duck wrote:hearts on soldier (hats before the uber update) go around the shoulders, remember that.

Untrue. Only with certain hats, shako and stash being notable examples. Spartan with hearts is beautiful though.
Ninja wrote:Well its not like our admins are any good.

Unusuals: 13/50
xbawkzes
Donator
How to: Professionally Piss Off Head Admins.

by medkitz » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:51 pm

I still love blizzard
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by duck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:25 pm

xbawkzes wrote:
duck wrote:hearts on soldier (hats before the australian christmas update) go around the shoulders, remember that.

Untrue. Only with certain hats, shako and stash being notable examples. Spartan with hearts is beautiful though. and so is ducks wonderful brain slug with scorching flames

fixed <3
duck

by stanley » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:21 pm

i have an earbud and can get a bills really easily from a friend who no longer plays. i want a soldier unusual. what do?

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by duck » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:42 pm

stanley wrote:i have an earbud and can get a bills really easily from a friend who no longer plays. i want a soldier unusual. what do?

tf2outpost.com
ask for soldier unusuals, make sure to list the obtainable (you wont get burning flames or moon) effects that you like and the ones you dont like. then select your favorite offer
duck

by Prof_Schwartz » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Hey DUCK guess what? I got an unusual tree! and you thought i couldnt do it! :)
Prof_Schwartz

by duck » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:19 pm

Today's Topic Earbuds:

Method of Obtaining: Log into steam with a mac (early 2010 i think) or trade for them
Cost: 30 dollars or 25 keys
Why do people want them? They are a unit of measurement for unusuals, with earbuds (a good amount of them) you can shop for any unusual on the market.

Why do earbuds fluxuate so much in price: well the reason is hoarding, because then earbuds are harder to acquire and greed, people want so much for earbuds once they acquire them, they just go up in price

Why to invest in one: they are a nice all class item, but you can trade them for an unusual hat, which is nice also

Highs and lows of there price: 3 refined (when trading came out) up to 25 keys

Tommorow topic: People's Choice!
duck

by Fencerboy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:07 pm

do bills hat next
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by Wakka » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:53 pm

weather effects would be nice