Just a thought of mine.

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Just a thought of mine.

by mrpikmin2 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Alright, hear me out before writing an passionate response.

I've heard of servers before that have mods that allow their users to use all hats and unusual effects. How exactly do these servers work? is the coding difficult? Anyway, just a thought of mine, but why not turn on the ability to use any hat with any unusual effect while on one of the servers? As much as I love bragging about virual pixels as the next guy, I personally I think I would look awesome to have entire team of burning max head medics. Thoughts, Critsandvichers? If FPS are an issue, you could just allow the use of all hats.
mrpikmin2

Re: Just a thought of mine.

by Vivi Hill » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Valve really dislikes this because it conflicts with their profit model. They've gotten pretty angry about it in the past. They disabled a plugin that gave people hats at one point. It's certainly possible to do, but Valve might do something mean to our servers like remove them from the server list, quickplay, and such.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by mrpikmin2 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:38 pm

Benny Hill wrote:Valve really dislikes this because it conflicts with their profit model. They've gotten pretty angry about it in the past. They disabled a plugin that gave people hats at one point. It's certainly possible to do, but Valve might do something mean to our servers like remove them from the server list, quickplay, and such.

ah, I see. Could possibly do it for a day once a year or something without incurring their wrath? thanks for responding regardless.
mrpikmin2

by Meto » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Hey Pikman, I just wanted to let you know if you were interested an unusual you could offload your strange festive medigun. They're worth more than an earbud at this time.
Meto
Donator
the Medic

by medkitz » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:57 pm

do what idis and work your way up
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by Knees of Justice » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Meto wrote:Hey Pikman, I just wanted to let you know if you were interested an unusual you could offload your strange festive medigun. They're worth more than an earbud at this time.

Wait, really? People will pay that much for them?

a;/a]=w9rewsjf I KNEW I should of held on to mine :<
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES...
Knees of Justice
Pink Admin
Hey there

by Zeno293 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:59 pm

you can get a mod for that
6:18 PM - Phantasmal Rez: I am no longer mama rez
6:18 PM - Zeno: ok pappa rez
Zeno293
Donator
Community tryharder that makes 8yrs rage

by mrpikmin2 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Meto wrote:Hey Pikman, I just wanted to let you know if you were interested an unusual you could offload your strange festive medigun. They're worth more than an earbud at this time.

not selling it for a few reasons:
1. I love it and it gets you respect when healing random people you don't know.
2. I predict the value will continue increasing, since the supply is staying constant, but the number of rich people who play tf2 is constantly increasing, (made a hefty profit reselling stranges from tf2wh a few months ago). A lot of top traders expect a bud price crash soon anyway.
3. I don't really like low tier effects, for example a painted green dr. dappers is worth more to me then an unpainted tf2logo one. If the effects I like weren't so expensive I'd totally get one. The one effect that's high that I absolutely hate is definitely sunbeams.

I may end up getting one eventually though. If anyone spots any good deals feel free to let me know, I'll get you some metal or something if I end up buying it.

Note, my intentions by creating this thread weren't really about me saying "hey guise I want to wear a flaming team captain turn on hax plz," I just thought it would be fun to have servers where everyone was wearing awesome unusuals, but looks like that could anger the Gaben.
mrpikmin2

Return to Team Fortress 2