So hai, how bout weapon skins?

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

So hai, how bout weapon skins?

by MisterTurtle » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm a newbie. I found the server randomly, yadda yadda yadda, thought it was a pretty awesome server.

I have some weapon skins installed, yet they do not show up on the server I play on, yet my character skins do. This perplexes me. I do not know the amount of money and/or coding that is required to allow me to use my weapon skins, but it would be cool if they would show up on the Critsandvich servers.

I really, really do enjoy playing on the server, and I'm more then happy to do so without my skins, but I'm just sayin', it would be nice.

Also you are free to bash me if I'm beating a dead horse here with this topic, even if I am a newbie. Newbies do not get immunity from dead horse beatings. No free rides.
MisterTurtle

Re: So hai, how bout weapon skins?

by Nikki Wolf » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:18 pm

The reason why custom skins won't show up on certain servers is because sv_pure is set to either 1 or 2. 1 means there's a whitelist for some custom files, while 2 means no custom files will show up. This is usually to prevent stuff like wallhacks and what not from being used on servers with that command on.
Nikki Wolf

by Techercizer » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:05 pm

We used to have a whitelist so that weapon skins and the like would work, but it got lost and we're still waiting for it to be remade.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

by MisterTurtle » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:24 pm

I see now.
MisterTurtle

Return to Team Fortress 2