Sussy and Cutler the masters of commentating

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Sussy and Cutler the masters of commentating

by Take That!! » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:57 pm

If you weren't on the server tonight, you may not know, but some of the greatest commentary to ever grace TF2 was done. Sussy and Cutler have made the Slaybox 1 server an enjoyable place again. These two are great and this thread is dedicated to appreciating them. Keep doing what you are doing guys.
Take That!!

Re: Sussy and Cutler the masters of commentating

by Ackybur » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:17 am

Was very good. Made it lots of fun, and actually gave away prizes. They referee people to the site after each map, and got people saying that they love the server. We need them to come back again
Ackybur
Donator

by Argent » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:48 am

I have some video of the commentary of Sussy & Golden, but no way to ask if Sussy's okay with me posting it anywhere. Would love to share it with the CSn crew.

I -could- post it anyway, but that's just rude.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Patrid » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:10 am

They were on yesterday (Monday), You guys are late to the show=)
But yes, I've seen familiar faces tonight who were on yesterday extolling Sussy and Cutler. These guys are a great duo and do an amazing job of entertaining/attracting players-
The server stayed at capacity on Monday till Sussy stopped commentating... till 4 am -Eastern Time
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Patrid » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:21 am

Also, I would like the request if these guys can use reserved slots.
There was a situation where the server was packed and no-one wanted to leave, meaning cutler had a hard time rejoining
ImageImage
Patrid

by Vivi Hill » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:51 am

If they're really that awesome I'd think we could give 'em some free donator. I have not heard them though. I'd be interested in watching a video of them, they sound pretty awesome based on your description.

See if you can get a hold of them and we can probably figure something out. I think they should at least join the forums though if they're going to be community members.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Ackybur » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 am

Cutler added me on steam last night, so I gave him the information. Let him know about possible donator status, and today when I'm home ill talk to him about maybe setting up like commentary monday. If it is an option we need to dedicate that server to fun. You know where its okay to join the team you want, have them spam commentary, and get both our names out there.
Ackybur
Donator

by Patrid » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:48 am

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Cutler added me on steam last night, so I gave him the information. Let him know about possible donator status, and today when I'm home ill talk to him about maybe setting up like commentary monday. If it is an option we need to dedicate that server to fun. You know where its okay to join the team you want, have them spam commentary, and get both our names out there.

I Shotty Anti-Stackbar's team=(
Also, are we talking about "Commentary Monday" or Commentary daily starting on Monday?
ImageImage
Patrid

by Ackybur » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:55 am

Why do you people always say I stack? I'm not very good so it doesn't matter what team I join.
Ackybur
Donator

by Failhorse » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:17 am

Any chance we can get them in server 2 or 3? LOL, 1 fills itself. others need love.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Maringue » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Patrid wrote:
Admiral Ackybur wrote:Cutler added me on steam last night, so I gave him the information. Let him know about possible donator status, and today when I'm home ill talk to him about maybe setting up like commentary monday. If it is an option we need to dedicate that server to fun. You know where its okay to join the team you want, have them spam commentary, and get both our names out there.

I Shotty Anti-Stackbar's team=(
Also, are we talking about "Commentary Monday" or Commentary daily starting on Monday?

The grey door is where all the cool kids hang out.

But Fail has a point, server 1 fills on its own now, so the more love we can give to server 2 and 3 the better.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Sussy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:01 pm

You guys have my personal go ahead if you want to post a video of Cutler or Myself.

Also, thanks for the welcoming committee! JEEEEZ! Who knew you could make so many friends from the goofy idea of commentating on matches?!!?

Anyways, my only real problem would be having one day per week be devoted to commentary. My schedule is always fluctuating - but I'll be happy to commentate whenever possible! Feel free to add me on steam, send me a message, or what ever.

Thanks again!
Sussy
Donator

by Sussy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:15 pm

oops! I misread that previous post. The video is of Golden and myself - but anyways, post away. I'd be curious to be on the viewing end as well... so I would love the link!
Sussy
Donator

by CutlerSupreme » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:29 pm

I am in the same boat with Sussy! Finding one day in specific would be tough to pin down. I do think it's safe to say when we do play with critsandvich we spend quite a bit of time commentating. Most map changes we make a plug for critsandvich. We ask they add the server to their favorites, register, and donate. If you guys are pro-active with the steam group we can also plug that. I say this because a steam group is capable of sending out events to all players who are members of the group. This could mean that groups members will be the first to know when we do commentary. It's the best way to guarantee a audience without forcing a set schedule. Personally, The larger the group, the better the commentary. I will start most nights off in a server that is populated but if its clear people are uninterested, or there is a group large enough to jump server #2 or #3 that's okay. We just ask that we have enough time on server #1 so people get a feel for what commentary is about. We will however respect each admins requests.
CutlerSupreme
Donator

by Vivi Hill » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:35 pm

We've got a big group that we post various events and announcements on. After you guys settle in a bit we could probably give you access to post events about commentary sessions.

And I'll definitely see about giving you guys free donator so you can use reserved slots to get into full servers (don't worry no kicking takes place).

As for videos of commentary it sounds like you guys could strike it rich on the TF2 YouTube community.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Argent » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Sussy wrote:oops! I misread that previous post. The video is of Golden and myself - but anyways, post away. I'd be curious to be on the viewing end as well... so I would love the link!
Yeh, I wasn't around when Cutler was commentating. Hopefully I'll have it on youtube tonight then, and I'll toss a link here.

Obviously I don't need Golden's permission to post his likeness, 'cause we're bros. Obvsly.

Unfortunately I'm not great at this video-editing shit, and I'm lazy, so the whole thing's gunna be first person from my perspective instead of from a good spec view. Go ahead and ignore all my gameplay and just listen to the commentary.
Last edited by Argent on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Zclipse » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:57 pm

You guys were amazing, looking forward to playing with you two again.

Best Thing to happen since Benny
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by Golden » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Argent wrote:
Sussy wrote:oops! I misread that previous post. The video is of Golden and myself - but anyways, post away. I'd be curious to be on the viewing end as well... so I would love the link!
'cause we're bros. Obvsly.

@_@
"Demaciaaaaa!"
Golden

by Argent » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:24 pm

Golden wrote:
Argent wrote:
'cause we're bros. Obvsly.

@_@

Yep

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Golden » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:25 pm

So -have- you uploaded the video yet? I'm mildly curious to know what I sound like on a microphone.
"Demaciaaaaa!"
Golden

by Argent » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:41 pm

psh, I didn't get -your- permission yet. I was kidding...

Anyways, I'm at school right now, and I have an engagement after school. When I get home I need to turn the .dem into a .avi file to upload to youtube, which will take probably 2 hours based on how long the video is, and the fact that I've never actually succeeded in shunting a .dem onto youtube, I only know theory and have the tf2wiki. So probably 9pm pst (midnight est) is a rough totally unprofessional guesstimate.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Vivi Hill » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Heh if you want I can initiate the Benny protocol and get your dem up and running in no time! Just shoot it over to me somehow.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Argent » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:21 pm

benny hill wrote:Heh if you want I can initiate the Benny protocol and get your dem up and running in no time! Just shoot it over to me somehow.
That would be preferable than my blundering through VirtualDub for a few hours. I'm still going to be away from my desktop computer with the dem on it for a few hours though, so wouldn't be able to toss it 'til later tonight. You know a good file upload site, or maybe an IM file transfer?

I wish steam would allow file transfer.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Ackybur » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Kinda don't like the guy that called me a she male and disrespecting my purple hat!

Ok I'm over it.
Ackybur
Donator

by Failhorse » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:29 pm

genetics are a bitch.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Patrid » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:34 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Kinda don't like the guy that called me a she male and disrespecting my purple hat!

Ok I'm over it.

Wow- You must really hate me then- don't cha hmhhmmm
ImageImage
Patrid

by Ackybur » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Patrid wrote:
Admiral Ackybur wrote:Kinda don't like the guy that called me a she male and disrespecting my purple hat!

Ok I'm over it.

Wow- You must really hate me then- don't cha hmhhmmm

I only hate you because you remind me so much of myself. Ya know, a tranny.
Ackybur
Donator

by Sussy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:50 am

This thread is getting severely off topic and needs to get back to talking about how great I am PRONTO. :P

I want to see this video when it's uploaded as well... I want to see what all the fuss is about! There is a video of Cutler and I commentating on youtube, I was trying to post it but looks like youtoooooob is down for me currently :\

WAIT SCRATCH THAT: Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu2IlE1puyw

Unfortunately, it's only from that dooodz perspective.
Sussy
Donator

by VoltySquirrel » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:24 am

I just watched that video and it was awesome. I can't wait to be there the next time you guys do your thang.
VoltySquirrel

by Sussy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:29 am

Also, how do we go about getting reserved slots?
Sussy
Donator

by Vivi Hill » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:31 am

You have been granted the honor of free donator. Thank you for your service to the CRITSANDVICH MACHINE.

If you need instructions, on how to get past the reserved slots, check out the donator lounge.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Sussy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:29 am

WOW! Thank you!

This is ever so exciting. Just a heads up, Cutler and I are planning on doing some commentating tomorrow night (that being thursday). It won't be until around 7-9 or so, but keep your eyes peeled for us!
Sussy
Donator

by Vivi Hill » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:50 am

Let one of us admins know and we can post an event or announcement on the steam group about it.
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Maringue » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:31 pm

I'll have to show up just to see what all the hubub is about.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Sussy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:47 am

Well Meringue, I hope you enjoyed it tonight. (that sounded like post-sex talk, didn't it?)
Sussy
Donator

by CutlerSupreme » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:55 am

I had a blast yet again! Thanks for the Donator status! I don't think I have thanked you formally yet so thank you admins! We will be doing this again soon!
CutlerSupreme
Donator

by Golden » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:59 am

You guys did great @_@

And I won a hat!
"Demaciaaaaa!"
Golden

by Ackybur » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:41 am

Yay golden! Sorry I let you die so much. I am an ubered bitch. Lol ooooooh cutler :lol:
Ackybur
Donator

by Maringue » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Sussy wrote:Well Meringue, I hope you enjoyed it tonight. (that sounded like post-sex talk, didn't it?)

It was really fun and I enjoyed it a lot.

Here are a couple thoughts I have, and anyone can feel free to comment on them:
The commentary, while awesome, makes the job of a spy a whole lot easier. It might be worth wild to let there be a pinch more quite time during a match. During the serious action of a fire fight, no one hears a spy de-cloak anyway, so nothing is really affected. When things are moving into position and less is happening, try letting in some air between comments so players can throw in the occasional tactical comment to their team.

This is for Benny and Nuke. Is there a way to make two reserved slots on the server for commentary? Most of the time it was 11 v 11, but if a donator wants in, it maxes out at 12 v 11. It would just be cool if we could get the server to an even number during commentary since there is a lot of demand to play during it.

Overall the commentary was really fun and I think we should work on doing this like once or twice a week, just let an admin know when the two of you know you're up for commentary and we can throw up an announcement.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Vivi Hill » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:14 pm

The server has 2 reserved slots. If people leave then the server goes down to 11vs11 and if two donators join it'll go up to 26, otherwise 25.

Now I guess what you meant was that we'd turn off reserved slots so it would say 26/26 when full and no reserved slots would be available (so people can be playing up to 12vs12 + sussycutler. Problem with that is that then there are no reserved slots for when admins and donators want to get in on the sussycutler (and/or if one of sussycutler crashes then they can't rejoin due to autojoiners).
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Failhorse » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:43 pm

If anyone has Dem files they want me to fashion into videos send them to me. actually have psyk put them on the FTP...
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Maringue » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:55 pm

benny hill wrote:The server has 2 reserved slots. If people leave then the server goes down to 11vs11 and if two donators join it'll go up to 26, otherwise 25.

Now I guess what you meant was that we'd turn off reserved slots so it would say 26/26 when full and no reserved slots would be available (so people can be playing up to 12vs12 + sussycutler. Problem with that is that then there are no reserved slots for when admins and donators want to get in on the sussycutler (and/or if one of sussycutler crashes then they can't rejoin due to autojoiners).

This is exactly what I was talking about, so it's all good.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by jameless » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:50 am

I must say the commentating can be entertaining. The only thing I would request however is to try to hold back on mentioning things like where the demo has placed stickies or exactly where the sentries are. A few times you had said BLU is pushing the carts and RED doesn't even have sentries up yet. Although it's meant in good taste this can break RED's opportunity to defend based on BLU not knowing whether or not there are sentries over there. At that point they know to push hard. Also hold back on mentioning when the teams have uber charged up. Sometimes the element of surprise can make or break a match.

Otherwise you guys are doing a great job with it. I had quite some fun whilst playing with you.
jameless

by Ackybur » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:50 am

The medic yells it himself. You really hear it in pubs..mainly because the medic Is yelling over all talk " I have uber who wants it? Get back here soldier! Why are you standing there? I popped it!!! Go!"
Ackybur
Donator

by Fiend » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:22 am

If they're playing while commentating, then working strategic calls into the shtick is awesome like that, which I've seen them do. For the times when you guys are just spectating though, I agree it's a huge setback for whoever is being given away. One of the coolest parts about CSn as a pub server is the use of solid teamplay even though there's alltalk, so let's not detract from that.

Also, who the hell am I kidding, 2 nights in a row I tried to play with you guys and couldn't get in :P
Fiend

by John Magnum » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm one of those medics who blurts over alltalk that I've got an uber. SORRY GUYS.
John Magnum
Donator

by Forsaken » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm

They totally are un-aware of who i am, i enjoyed that i got called "That random medic"
Forsaken

Return to Team Fortress 2