For you creative folks

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

For you creative folks

by Smeemo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Forsaken is currently working on some instructional-TF2-vid goodness, and is planning on promoting CSn at the beginning of his vid. For the ol' TFGN, we had a short little video sequence he could slap on the front of his vids.

Has anyone made anything like that for Critsandvich yet?
Do YOU know how to create something like a 3-5 sec clip promoting CSn? Or even just a rotating critsandvich logo or ANYTHING.

An example of what he used in the past:

Please reply if interested in taking on this endeavor.
Smeemo

Re: For you creative folks

by Fiend » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:09 pm

Yeah, I could do something like that pretty easy. I don't work a ton with video, but as a graphic/web designer I have the tools at my disposal any time.
Fiend

by Failhorse » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Fiend i wanted to take the computer part from the meet the spy video and super impose critsandvich over the intruder alert signs, can you do that?
For the credit part, when the spy says your mother and throws down the pictures. Have a sheet that says critsandvich.com on it as well.

I could do it but my code for adobe no longer works.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Fiend » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:47 pm

Haha, yeah. That sounds like a pretty solid idea. I can easily crank that out over a few lunch breaks. If I remember to do it, I can post something next week.
Fiend

by Failhorse » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:22 pm

Awesome. don't worry about sound, i can do that. i had a master code for all adobe products but it expired when my friend graduated from college. I do have Maya 2011 tho. haven't tried it on this comp tho.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Fiend » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:15 am

I swear it took me longer to figure out how to embed the video here than make it. Not really though. Here's a taste, if you guys thought it might be close to a usable piece, let me know and I can do some tweaking to make it a bit better.

Deleted… uploading a new one, will post on page 2.
Last edited by Fiend on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fiend

by psyk » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:37 am

Very nice Fiend.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by rawkies » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:41 am

Fiend wrote:I swear it took me longer to figure out how to embed the video here than make it. Not really though. Here's a taste, if you guys thought it might be close to a usable piece, let me know and I can do some tweaking to make it a bit better.

Quality work, keep it up man!
rawkies [r/trees]: nigga gimme 10 bitches and ill fuck all 10 --Snoop Doggy Dogg
セクシーのきたないお: words to live by
rawkies

by Failhorse » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:55 am

OMFG... Thank you. I was about to actually buy a license for after effects to do this too.....

Can you also post one with sound? Just thought, it'd make it easier for me to get a voice over done. If you can add a couple seconds to the spy thing. You'll see why when i get my hands on it.

Edit 3.
This is a long shot. The part where the heavy busts through the door. If you have time just capture it. When I'm making videos I'll make the door busting open part go into whatever actual video is involved.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Fiend » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:02 am

@Failhorse: sure man, are we talking about before or after the existing spy footage? Tried to clip the whole thing to a usable length since we wouldn't want the intro to be too long, but let me know what dialogue you'd like left in. Also, the sound's going to be saying the wrong thing about spies in the base but whatever… I'll upload with sound and trust you… you must know what's happening in the sound department, lol.

@Errrrrbody else: Thanks guys, glad to help. Lets me hone some vidya editing skills that could really benefit me in the future, so if there's something I can do to make this usable or something else like it, just let me know.

I've always wanted to make remix videos and (once developed a bit more) make video tuts on how the Heavy can be a real asset to a team, although it'd probably just get laughs from a competitive standpoint :lol: Too bad my TF2 looks like I'm playing Doom2… can't run DX8, and unless I config it to THE lowest possible graphics, I can't get good enough FPS to aim, hahaha.

@edit 3: Yeah, I can dice that part up, I was actually playing with it yesterday and had it where the alert board scene and the running down the hallway directly led into the Meet the Sandvich part where the view was from inside the fridge… could be funny.
Fiend

by Vivi Hill » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:08 am

Well, if you record demos with source recorder you can put the graphics up all the way. Of course it will take a long time to render, but if you want the graphics to look good it isn't that hard.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Failhorse » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:17 am

The sound will just be for reference. Probably keep the bell ringing. Will do voiceovers for the rest. Figure the begining intro should be about 10 seconds long (cause it's cool as fuck.) and the end whatever is fine.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Vivi Hill » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Oh, OH! If you guys need any good tf2 character voiceovers I happened to befriend two that can do nearly any character (notably heavy, engineer, demo, pyro).

And they're also good at non-tf2 voices too.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Failhorse » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:03 pm

We need an announcer. =) I just need the clean audio, I have the software to put the correct effects on it.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Smeemo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Great work!
Smeemo

by Fiend » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Alright, here's a little something:

Also, I've uploaded 2 video files at full quality to my public Dropbox:

http://db.tt/Gnl40cM is the YoutubeVideo so you don't have to rip it.
http://db.tt/SguQHeb is the requested bit where the Heavy smashes through the door. I'm guessing this is the bit you need.
If you'd like more of the before or after, it's easy enough, but this is probably trimmed to the most useful footage.
Fiend

by Failhorse » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:16 pm

That's awesome.....

Benny suggestions for dialog.
Was thinking having the announcer say something about critsandvich at the beginning (obviously.)
soldier repeats.

then some sort of quick dialog between the scout and soldier.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Ackybur » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Oh oh! I wanna announce!
Ackybur
Donator

by Maringue » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:38 pm

First, Fiend, that's pretty awesome work.

And as for an announcer, don't we already have two?
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Failhorse » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:42 pm

I want to stay on the same style. Ackbar, clearly record some audio of trying to sound like the announcer and send it to me.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Maringue » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:51 pm

The announcer's got a slight German twist on the lady classic rock DJ voice, which is tough to do. Ackbar, I wouldn't try to do the pitch, because your voice is way higher than the announcer's, just try to sound really authoritarian. Pretend you're telling Zclipse he's been a bad slave. That should do the trick.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Ackybur » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:12 pm

Can I get a script or do you just want what the lady says in the original. Maringue I lol'd so hard at that, because I do it e'eryday. Don't you dare say that 'w' word zclipse or your banned in mumble. I can try deeper. I was a helga for halloween once. Ill break that accent out. Fh I have sound recorder; I don't know if that will work or if the file has to be converted, if it won't just hop in mumble. Also, pretty sure my voice could be altered to sound like its coming from speakers. if anyone has some programs speak up. Lastly, where is my trailer?

Edit: I have an auto tuner on my ipad that I'm sure could work out to change things around.
Ackybur
Donator

by Failhorse » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:45 pm

No script. say something to follow along with the crit sandvich .com... guess don't say intruder alert at the beginning. uhm,

"New video from crit sandvich .com"

I have very nice recording software. i can adjust waht needs to be done.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Forsaken » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:05 pm

Seems promising so far. :) My vid is like 28 percent complete haha, its gonna be a long one..
Forsaken

by NuclearWatermelon » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Failhorse wrote:No script. say something to follow along with the crit sandvich .com... guess don't say intruder alert at the beginning. uhm,

"New video from crit sandvich .com"

I have very nice recording software. i can adjust waht needs to be done.

Or the very typical "Intruder alert! Intruder alert! Crit Sandvich in the base!"
NuclearWatermelon

by Ackybur » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 pm

I'll do that tomorrow. I have fri-sat off so I can finish some stuff here. same email fh?
Ackybur
Donator

by Fiend » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:19 am

I think that when the announcer announces the infestation of Critsandviches in said base and the soldier takes off running, he should be distressed about it, right? This video uses the same audio bit over and over, but I like it a lot.

Fiend

by Ackybur » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:27 pm

I was thinking of another option. Instead of the typical lady announcer, why don't I just go more for the quotes we have at the top of the page? Like it goes through the run through, and when the spy throws it down on the table with the CsN logo then a recording says the different heavy quotes for different videos. Like one would be "Don't run! It's just ham!" or "STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!" etc.
If you'd rather stick with the announcer stuff just let me know, and I'll record those up on Friday.
Ackybur
Donator

by Failhorse » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:10 am

I'd rather try doing the announcer first. The Spy-your-mother thing I intended as a video's end.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Return to Team Fortress 2