Interested in playing an (unofficial) community map?

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Interested in playing an (unofficial) community map?

by Harpo_53 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Hello there, CritSandvich!

So, is there anyone here interested in playing on some (no-mod, unofficial) community maps? Well, of course someone here is. Unfortunately, the Slayboxes only run default maps (*cough* Goldrush *cough*). The Fun servers, of course, run maps that require mods. And the trade servers run my map, trade_patrol, which is just for trading and not fighting.

SO, being a custom mapper in need of a community to help me playtest my maps, I selfishly donated (there's a term you don't hear too often) my server to CritSandvich, in hopes that, whenever it's not in use for tournaments and stuff, I'd be able to have relatively full playtests on it. My English teacher would cry if she ever detected the length of that previous sentence, so I am going to move along quickly.

I've checked with all the appropriate people (by which I mean I've checked with one person, and I will confirm with others later), and it appears that my server is in fact available this week. So I've scheduled a playtest with my old community of a brand new map of mine. Tuesday, 8:00 PM EST. Adjust accordingly for your time-zone. If you're interested, the server IP is:

174.34.133.102:27015

I'll have some screenshots of the map up shortly (maybe another few hours or so; I'm on my laptop at the moment, and I want to get some high-qaulity shots on my desktop), but please note that this map was just put together this week. It's still in the alpha stage and, as such, is put together using what map makers call "dev" textures (short for development, of course). The only details in the environment are ones that may affect gameplay. If you're not into largely black-and-white maps, then I don't recommend coming to play. The server has fast download, and the map file is extremely small, so you won't need to worry about waiting for ages to get in.

If you're interested in being informed right away whenever new map information is posted, then by all means, feel free to join this group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/harpotests. Please note that the TF2lobby and CritSandvich tournament schedule has a higher priority than mine, so playtests won't exactly occur on a regular schedule.

~Cdr. Growlithe Harpo
The Mapper
Harpo_53
Donator

Re: Interested in playing an (unofficial) community map?

by Fencerboy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:10 pm

count me in
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by Mech » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:19 pm

I'll try and join.
Mech

by Fencerboy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:00 pm

bump as a reminder XD
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

Return to Team Fortress 2