Auto Assign

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

Auto Assign

by tehs4ndman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:04 pm

is stupid

(random crits too)

(srs)

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

trade me!!! http://www.tf2items.com/id/tehs4ndman
tehs4ndman

Re: Auto Assign

by fingerman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Auto assign does not mean you can not change team. Feel free to change teams.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by Toaster » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:36 pm

and spread and spies and backstab 2 points and backburner and sniper set bonus and heavy gloves of impossible to kill and other stuff
La migliore armatura è di tenere fuori di gamma
Toaster

by Mike808 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:36 pm

so far the auto assign would auto stack the teams and make it worse than it would be without it
When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by fingerman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 pm

I would really like those who are against auto assigning on join to give reasons why they don't like it.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by tehs4ndman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:48 pm

fingerman wrote:Auto assign does not mean you can not change team. Feel free to change teams.

really? not according to OTHER admins. i get bitched at a lot wen i switch teams.

Mike808 wrote:so far the auto assign would auto stack the teams and make it worse than it would be without it

agree!

fingerman wrote:I would really like those who are against auto assigning on join to give reasons why they don't like it.

cuz u cant pick ur own teams... y have it? i mean alltalk is on so this really isnt a competitive serious game of tf2 we are playing...so y try to make it one? there is already a team balance anyway if one team is stacked..

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

tehs4ndman

by GoDM1N » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:09 pm

I love it. Personally I think they should make it so you cant change teams at all. As far as Auto stacking thats BS, it doesn't do anything picking teams wouldn't do, and it STOPS people from doing it on purpose which stops most of it. Every reason I've heard for not liking it so far is just "QQ I cant team stack any more" or "I cant only play with my friends now" all of which aren't a problem. You can STILL play with your friends, just not every round. Or "What if I want to be on red?" Which is also not a reason because you can be when teams switch.
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by tehs4ndman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:44 pm

GoDM1N wrote:I love it. Personally I think they should make it so you cant change teams at all. As far as Auto stacking thats BS, it doesn't do anything picking teams wouldn't do, and it STOPS people from doing it on purpose which stops most of it. Every reason I've heard for not liking it so far is just "QQ I cant team stack any more" or "I cant only play with my friends now" all of which aren't a problem. You can STILL play with your friends, just not every round. Or "What if I want to be on red?" Which is also not a reason because you can be when teams switch.

dont really care about any of that, just want the freedom to pick my own team, ppl complain about team stacking whether or not the auto assign is on or off...if i want to be on a friends team or on the opposite team of someone.. well we should be able to..thought it was a fun server not a cvop scrim tournament championship match. fun, this is NOT!

tehs4ndman

by Failhorse » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Point made. This is an all talk server. You will play with your friends no matter what team you are on.

Or are you just angry that your #2 in the contest now and aren't guaranteed a pocket? :lol:

OH and:
tehs4ndman wrote:really? not according to OTHER admins. i get bitched at a lot wen i switch teams.

That's me. There's a difference between getting bitched at, just announcing your shame to the server, and being against the rules.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Gho$T » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:02 pm

GoDM1N wrote:I love it. Personally I think they should make it so you cant change teams at all. As far as Auto stacking thats BS, it doesn't do anything picking teams wouldn't do, and it STOPS people from doing it on purpose which stops most of it. Every reason I've heard for not liking it so far is just "QQ I cant team stack any more" or "I cant only play with my friends now" all of which aren't a problem. You can STILL play with your friends, just not every round. Or "What if I want to be on red?" Which is also not a reason because you can be when teams switch.

I love everything you said God and most important to me is the bold
That is pretty much the only problem i ever see is that EVERYONE wants to be on defence on all Payload maps and Attack/Defend CP maps and then when they win out they just switch teams or spec till open slot or just plain leave which pisses me the fuck off. Just my rant.
ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

by Patrid » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Toaster wrote:and spread and spies and backstab 2 points and backburner and sniper set bonus and heavy gloves of impossible to kill and other stuff

I survived 2 consecutive arrow taunt "kills" from a sniper because I was overhealed+healed some more from a medic.
End of story, I punched the guy to death and he rage quitted, apparently ranting on how admin powers give you taunt kill-immunity in-game :o
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Maringue » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Patrid wrote:
Toaster wrote:and spread and spies and backstab 2 points and backburner and sniper set bonus and heavy gloves of impossible to kill and other stuff

I survived 2 consecutive arrow taunt "kills" from a sniper because I was overhealed+healed some more from a medic.
End of story, I punched the guy to death and he rage quitted, apparently ranting on how admin powers give you taunt kill-immunity in-game :o

Clearly Valve is not smart enough to define taunt kills as melee attacks, so the steel fists make them do 60% less damage. I mean hell, those gloves let a over-healed heavy take two fully charged head shots and not die, which is kind of ridiculous.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Mike808 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:32 pm

sniper taunt only does 400-450 damage i believe
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by tehs4ndman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Failhorse wrote:Point made. This is an all talk server. You will play with your friends no matter what team you are on.

Or are you just angry that your #2 in the contest now and aren't guaranteed a pocket? :lol:

OH and:
tehs4ndman wrote:really? not according to OTHER admins. i get bitched at a lot wen i switch teams.

That's me. There's a difference between getting bitched at, just announcing your shame to the server, and being against the rules.

LOL well wait im not number 2 in the contest thats my rank in the entire server silly dont say things that have nothing to do with anything and stacking is not on the server rules whether i do it or not

tehs4ndman

by Toaster » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Stacked teams are teams with 1 or more medics and enough heavy classes for the medics to heal. The rest is "QQ those guys play together all the time."

Don't want to offend anyone, it's just my opinion. I kind of like the auto placement thing though, gives me an excuse to play with my friends half the time instead of just joining blue to avoid name calling >.>
Toaster

by Ackybur » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Go to slay box two.
Ackybur
Donator

by Patrid » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Medics+heavys is not always win
Competent medics+heavys make a team competative
Not to try and detract from Toaster's point, but I've seen heavies play like they've got blinders attached
ImageImage
Patrid

by Toaster » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:07 pm

Patrid wrote:Medics+heavys is not always win
Competent medics+heavys make a team competative
Not to try and detract from Toaster's point, but I've seen heavies play like they've got blinders attached

Yeah i've seen medics healing spies after they YER killed the heavy they were healing; I'll usually die shortly after while laughing and /facepalming.

It goes with out saying that some people have no idea whats going on when playing tf2. For the most part, any heavy medic combo is going to have a huge impact on the out come of a game. (or soldier/demo)
Toaster

by Patrid » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm usually playing the heavy=(
Medic is probably ADD and doesn't notice that the spy is using the er.
Medic walks into enemy sentry
steps 2+3 are with me screaming into the mic that the medic is healing a spy.
ImageImage
Patrid

by GoDM1N » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:01 am

tehs4ndman wrote:

dont really care about any of that, just want the freedom to pick my own team, ppl complain about team stacking whether or not the auto assign is on or off...if i want to be on a friends team or on the opposite team of someone.. well we should be able to..thought it was a fun server not a cvop scrim tournament championship match. fun, this is NOT!

So wait, you want to be able to pick your team, and you don't like auto assign, but you're saying its not a comp server? How does auto assign make the server more comp? If anything it makes the server less comp. Your argument is arbitrary.

And as Ackbar said, if you don't like it play on server 2
GoDM1N
Donator

by tehs4ndman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:51 am

GoDM1N wrote:
tehs4ndman wrote:

So wait, you want to be able to pick your team, and you don't like auto assign, but you're saying its not a comp server? How does auto assign make the server more comp? If anything it makes the server less comp. Your argument is arbitrary.

And as Ackbar said, if you don't like it play on server 2

WOW plz wut does having to pick the team i want to be on have to do with competition? DUMB ASS!
thats right godmin, i called U a DUMB ASS

tehs4ndman

by Toaster » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:03 am

OH NO HE DIDNT
Toaster

by Failhorse » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:48 am

So Sandman, after you're little IM thread to me last night. How my little passive joke offended you so much. Yet you act like a 4 year old when you disagree with someone.

It's really hard to take any criticism you have for servers seriously. You're known for trolling regulars, raging, and being a general pest. To the whole point of the thread. If you have a hard time playing with the big boys in SB1, go to the kiddie table. Which happens to be SB2.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Toaster » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Failhorse wrote: If you have a hard time playing with the big boys in SB1, go to the kiddie table. Which happens to be SB2.

Toaster

by GoDM1N » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Failhorse wrote:So Sandman, after you're little IM thread to me last night. How my little passive joke offended you so much. Yet you act like a 4 year old when you disagree with someone.

It's really hard to take any criticism you have for servers seriously. You're known for trolling regulars, raging, and being a general pest. To the whole point of the thread. If you have a hard time playing with the big boys in SB1, go to the kiddie table. Which happens to be SB2.

Failhorse random crits Sandman for 999 points of damages, and forces GoDM1N to donate $10
GoDM1N
Donator

by tehs4ndman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Failhorse wrote:
You're known for trolling regulars, raging, and being a general pest.

cool xD

tehs4ndman

by Ackybur » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Self proclaimed big boys. Don't worry Sandman, because crayons are provided at this kids table for real fun :D
Ackybur
Donator

by Toaster » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Self proclaimed big boys. Don't worry Sandman, because crayons are provided at this kids table for real fun :D

Yeah only when tkt doesn't eat them all.
Toaster

by Ackybur » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Toaster wrote:
Admiral Ackybur wrote:Self proclaimed big boys. Don't worry Sandman, because crayons are provided at this kids table for real fun :D

Yeah only when tkt doesn't eat them all.

Kinda sucked when he ate all the blu and had diarrhea for a week. How'd that feel cleaning it up toaster?
Ackybur
Donator

by tehs4ndman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:17 pm

i like killing big boys though, if toaster and zclipse are kiddies, then ide rather face the big boys

tehs4ndman

by Zclipse » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:24 pm

i wet the bed again... >_<.
I'mma tell you a secret.
Zclipse

by tehs4ndman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 pm

Zclipse wrote:i wet the bed again... >_<.

*LICK* *LICK* *LICK*

tehs4ndman

by Ackybur » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Shit just got real
Ackybur
Donator

by Take That!! » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:35 pm

I like cookies.
Take That!!

by Mike808 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:33 pm

this got really off topic.
but i rike the kiddy table!
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Maringue » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:04 am

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Shit just got real

Maringue
Blue Admin

by tehs4ndman » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:20 am

lets go to the KIDDY TABLE GUYS

tehs4ndman

by TiakerAvelonna » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:33 am

I only get mad when my team is about five seconds away from winning and then I'm moved to the other team "to maintain balance."

I got yer balance right HERE, bitch. >.>
"I must remember to tell Sethra to never underestimate the power of the hissy cow."-paraphrase, Vlad Taltos

Avatar from http://kirari-pgsm.net/index.php
TiakerAvelonna

by Argent » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:02 am

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Ackybur » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:26 pm