New weapons, what do you think?

Discuss your favorite war-based hat simulator.

New weapons, what do you think?

by Maringue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:54 am

Just got the black box and I feel like it has a faster fire rate than the normal rocket launcher. I think it's a pretty balanced weapon and nice to use when your team is low on medics.

Also just got the sidney sleeper. It makes body shot champions like me feel useful as a sniper and help the team via long range jarate distribution. Also the bushwacker is insane with the jarate.

The Short Stop. Thanks Valve, do you actually play test these guns before giving them out? That damn gun does more damage faster than pretty much anything shy of the mini gun. One clip does 288 damage. Milk is a very useful team item though.

The Degreaser, might as well change the axtinguisher's name to rapstinguisher. Why would you use this with the power jack? Granted I don't have the power jack, so I don't know how well that thing works either, but it can't be as good as the axtinguisher combo.

Your Eternal Reward? What's the reward? Endless facestabs? Valve, fix the fucking hitboxes on this thing please.

Oh, the new heavy gloves are sweet tits, especially on 5 point maps.
Maringue
Blue Admin

Re: New weapons, what do you think?

by Divide by NaN » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:29 am

I'm in agreement with most of your conclusions.
Divide by NaN

by Gho$T » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:36 am

Maringue wrote:Your Eternal Reward? What's the reward? Endless facestabs? Valve, fix the fucking hitboxes on this thing please.

Well its not really the hitboxes that are at fault, most of the time is just the latency between you, the server, and the person you stab/get stabbed. But I see where you are comming from and I agree, it is very rediculess.
ImageImage Image
Gho$T
Donator

by Maringue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:07 pm

I did an experiment the other night. I was a spy and I found an admin who was a heavy. When their team lost, I did an experiment on the back stab hit boxes. Now the heavy wasn't moving so I could move around the back and side to see where it was engaging the backstab in relative position to the heavy. My suspicions were validated. The backstab region starts 90 degrees to the left or right of the direction the heavy was facing, confirming the shoulder stab.

Here's my opinion. There are two weapons that have a backstab style effect. The knife and the backburner. I think they should have the same hitboxes. Now I don't think the backburner should get the knife's hitbox, because that would make it so amazingly overpowered. Right now, to get the crit damage with the backburner, you need to hit someone pretty much square between the shoulder blades. About 30 degrees from either side of directly behind the enemy.

Anyway, face/shoulder stab rant over...
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Mr.Offspring » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Maringue wrote:Also just got the sidney sleeper. It makes body shot champions like me feel useful as a sniper and help the team via long range jarate distribution. Also the bushwacker is insane with the jarate.

Concerning the complete sniper set, I admit beeing imune to headshots is goddamn useful (and more useful with +25hp), but it doesn't take so much time to miss the razorback in case of spies. You don't have the time to check your team mates in case of spy while the shot is charging, especialy because of the full set spy bonus.
Mr.Offspring

by supersonic5000 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:05 pm

I like the sleeper and bushwaka those are my 2 favorite poly weps.
I also like the black box although it can promote rocket spam...
supersonic5000

by Maringue » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Someone on the Steam forums was saying that you have to get to a full charge before the sidney sleeper will jarate the target, which is false. I've found that you only have to get to about 50%. Also, learn not to get stabbed by spies, then you don't need the razorback.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:43 pm

My thoughts are on this matter are:
OH MY GOD, THE DEGREASER IS JESUS WITH AN AXETINGUISHER!!!!
oh, and the Shortstop can suck a fat one. No, it can kiss Joan Rivers' fake ass.
VoltySquirrel

by Vivi Hill » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Gotta agree with Volty. Degreaser+Axestinguisher is extremely fun.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by VoltySquirrel » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:00 pm

benny hill wrote:Gotta agree with Volty. Degreaser+Axestinguisher is extremely fun.

I knew that. Me and you lead the server(s) in total Axetinguisher kills.
VoltySquirrel

by Smeemo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:57 am

I'm not sure what it is about the Shortstop, but I don't really care for it. It always seemed like I was undergunned when trying to hold an area with it. I think it's good for hit-and-run doctor assassinations, and if you're rolling with Bonk then I suppose you'd be a longer-range threat than you'd be if using the Scattergun. But anyway, scattergun/pistol ftw.
Smeemo

Return to Team Fortress 2