Help bird pick a car pls

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Which car?

Trailblazer
36%
Impala
64%

Total votes : 11

Help bird pick a car pls

by flufffage » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:12 pm

Both are used, both priced at $2000. Give me your opinions on which you would buy and why. My dad wants the Impala, I'm leaning towards the trailblazer. My mom can't decide. It's basically either low mileage and repairs or high mileage with very little repairs.

Chevy Trailblazer: 2001 needs inspection/diagnostic
ABS light, brake light, check engine soon light, 142k mi, rust on hind drivers wheel well, brakes squealing, fuel pump noise? 4wd, running boards need rebolting. Solid option once we get inspection results.

Impala: 2000 218k mi, front wheel drive, 4dr, very good condition, no rust, all interior features. New brakes, new front tires, very hood A/C. Air bag light on.  
Last edited by flufffage on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

Re: Help bird pick a car pls

by Lia_Rein » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:15 pm

The red one HTH
Neff:Lia slowly building her CSnplayer database for nefarious purposes
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin
Not Liable for Rein damage

by flufffage » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:24 pm

Lia_Rein wrote:The red one HTH

How did you know the trailblazer is red?
You creep.
#opinions
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by 1#Scrub » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:50 pm

flufffage wrote:

You creep.

What colors the Impala, cause reds kinda ugly.
1#Scrub
Donator

by flufffage » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:54 pm

1#Scrub wrote:
flufffage wrote:

You creep.

What colors the Impala, cause reds kinda ugly.

forest green but the trailblazer is more of a burgundy
#opinions
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by 1#Scrub » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:01 pm

flufffage wrote:forest green but the trailblazer is more of a burgundy

k nvm go with the red one
1#Scrub
Donator

by SirBrusee » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:25 pm

If you could I would get the trailblazer inspected before you buy it if you can. Right now I would go with the trailblazer, because it has such fewer miles. The 4wd can be a life saver if you live in an area that gets snow and ice in the winter.
SirBrusee

by SnakeShesh » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:08 pm

I think you should pick the Impala.

Also name your car Vlad.
SnakeShesh

by L0wsound » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:19 pm

SirBrusee wrote:If you could I would get the trailblazer inspected before you buy it if you can. Right now I would go with the trailblazer, because it has such fewer miles. The 4wd can be a life saver if you live in an area that gets snow and ice in the winter.

IANAM (I am not a mechanic)
-rust can be a killer in 3-4 years depending on what it's hitting
-4wd and no abs?
---4wd is really only a life saver in really shitty situations - a light foot and patience in snow is more important (imo), you'll still lock up all tires if you break too hard in snow.

buttttt new tires+brakes makes this decision a landslide. Those easily add $300-500 to the cost of the car, so you wont have to worry about them for a long time.

I drive an 04 Impala LS at ~180km - frame is rusting nasty at lift points on the undercarriage and tranny has been kicking for two years...
L0wsound

by HausOfJoel » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:49 pm

You should just use that money to get on Let's Make a Deal and win a brand new car
HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

by DerKrieger105 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:33 pm

I'd honestly keep looking. Both aren't amazing. If I had to pick it would be the Impala. High mileage but Trailblazer's are hilariously unreliable with often serious transmission issues as we,ll as a number of other faults. That one already seems to have a number of problems already, which based on a rough estimate, could take upwards of $4000 to fix it really doesn't seem like a good idea.
CSn Bluemin- I'm pretentious and never leave the mic.

DerKrieger105
Blue Admin

by Rumors » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:20 am

Trailblazer will cost much more in the long term considering its mpg, and its certainly the uglier of the two.

Personally, I'd save up another $2000 and get something that will be more reliable in the long term. Maybe a vehicle that costs 3500, and then use the rest to get a good set of tires.

Impala is clearly better of both options if you are on a tight budget. The mileage on it may be the only thing to consider. I'd have a mechanic inspect the engine and underside and see if there's any potential problems you might be able to solve now before it becomes an expensive problem later on, especially before winter hits.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by Balubish » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:58 am

Go with the Impala, that seems to work, the trailblazer seems to have aloooot of issues and can actually run away in price alot more.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by flufffage » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:29 am

Rumors wrote:Trailblazer will cost much more in the long term considering its mpg, and its certainly the uglier of the two.

Personally, I'd save up another $2000 and get something that will be more reliable in the long term. Maybe a vehicle that costs 3500, and then use the rest to get a good set of tires.

Impala is clearly better of both options if you are on a tight budget. The mileage on it may be the only thing to consider. I'd have a mechanic inspect the engine and underside and see if there's any potential problems you might be able to solve now before it becomes an expensive problem later on, especially before winter hits.

Our family knows the mechanic who worked on the Impala for the past like 5 or 6 years and he's great. He endorses the car, hence why my dad leans toward it. I personally prefer the option to wait and save like you and Krieger suggested. I still need to sell my old Monte carlo for scrap and I estimated getting at most about $500 for that.
#opinions
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by HausOfJoel » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:40 am

with $2000 you could get a really nice computer. and i bet it would run more than 3 fps

/s
HausOfJoel
Blue Admin
Your Problematic Fave

by Balubish » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:21 am

HausOfJoel wrote:with $2000 you could get a really nice computer. and i bet it would run more than 3 fps

/s

My PC probably is worth more than my car. The car only takes me places, who cares what you drive really :)

Balubish
Donator

by Lia_Rein » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:31 am

Travelling the real world or the virtual world - which is more important? -.-
Neff:Lia slowly building her CSnplayer database for nefarious purposes
Lia_Rein
Blue Admin
Not Liable for Rein damage

by Ron Swansons Stache » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:06 pm

flufffage wrote:
Rumors wrote:Trailblazer will cost much more in the long term considering its mpg, and its certainly the uglier of the two.

Our family knows the mechanic who worked on the Impala for the past like 5 or 6 years and he's great. He endorses the car, hence why my dad leans toward it. I personally prefer the option to wait and save like you and Krieger suggested. I still need to sell my old Monte carlo for scrap and I estimated getting at most about $500 for that.

I was leaning Impala and that really sells me.

That said, you'd be muchhh better just saving up money and getting something more reliable because they're both not great options. If you lease a cheap AF car you could be paying $200 a month which would stretch you 10 months of the $2K you plan on spending while saving more. Just an idea.
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Balubish » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:27 pm

Lia_Rein wrote:Travelling the real world or the virtual world - which is more important? -.-

Yes, driving across the world with a car is alot of ppl doing, not. There is this modern thing called Airplanes now though.

Balubish
Donator

Return to Spam Fest