Your dream game.

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Your dream game.

by Rologton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Post here what your dream game would be. It can be something completely original, a mixture of game mechanics, anything.

Mine is an HD remake of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

Updated graphics, sound, game engine, combat engine and leveling system. Keep the sprawling, mystical landscape, incredible original creatures, excellent story, lore and aesthetics, spell options, non-leveling world and give me fucking levitation back.

I yearn to romp through Balmora with Skyrim graphics, to see a fully rendered Vivec tell me to find Wraithguard, to battle Dagoth Ur with sword in one hand and spell in another... (/overdramatization)

What about everyone else?
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

Re: Your dream game.

by Nikki Wolf » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Yugioh that isn't full of stupidly OP stuff whose only purpose is to get nerfed in less than a year. (AKA a lot of the decks in the current meta)
Nikki Wolf

by VoltySquirrel » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Although this isn't my "dream" game, I'd certainly love to see it. It would be a game where you're essentially one of the borrowers, a race of micro people the size of mice who live in the walls of houses owned by the "human beans". It'd be a stealth game with controls similar to say Uncharted, where animation and climbing is fluid. The gameplay would revolve around going out of the walls and into the house to try and find resources without getting caught. Secret areas, such as cracks in the walls could be found and used, but would require heavy climbing. The game would have a stamina meter similar to the one in I Am Alive, which made it so climbing was a life and death scenario. If you didn't want to go hiding in the walls, you'd have to try your luck out in the open. As for the plot, I have no idea, but the game would certainly need to take place in multiple houses, in order to keep the environments fresh, probably 3-5 missions max per house. Anyway, that's my pitch.
VoltySquirrel

by xalde » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:40 pm

My dream game would halt time allowing me to play it as long as I care for without having to worry about going to work/school/sleep etc. it would also burn calories and and help tone my body, while delivering excellent music and story and gameplay found in such games as Final Fantasy VI, chrono trigger, earthbound, xenoblade Chronicals, and TF2. All while sitting on the couch.

-----------

Or more realistically, a graphical remake of Final Fantasy VI to modern day graphics with no story/scrip changes like they do in other remakes. Kefka shall always yell "son of a submariner" and not "son of a sandworm" and aria de mezzo caraterre shall keep the emotionall charged lyrics done by the woosley translation and not the "more accurate" translation done in the GBC remake. The new FFVI would also contain a prequel game/story/movie going through the War of the Magi.

Crotchy old man does not like change >_<
xalde
Donator

by Saber » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Touhou. But with like
TF2 characters.
Yeah.
Saber

by Argent » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Infinite hat gallery.

Can put them on different kinds of heads. Hats must be completely customizable.

>[I] TAKE THAT, CLOCKS
Argent
Donator
The Fourth Suited Ace

by Bagger Vance » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Bagger Vance
Donator
Photographer at Daily Bugle

by Thret » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Mine would be an action packed, deep, MMO that would have tons to explore, do, see, and experience. The gimmick would be that the world actually went through seasons and that weather could affect what you do in game. For instance: During a blizzard ice damage would have a small boost but would be slightly less effective inside a volcano or something. Seasons would also make travel and quests change. If you wanted to go through a mountain pass then Winter might not be the best time to do it; It would certainly be possible to brave the pass during the Winter but certain seasonal wildlife and the massive snow drifts would make it harder. As for quests, if it was a farming area then during the Fall quests offered would be related to harvesting, during Spring related to planting, during the Summer related to farm maintenance, and during the Winter related to hunting and preserving the food and such needed to survive the cold.

I would also want it topographically accurate for the most part. Instead of every zone being huddled inside a bunch of mountains like in WoW or whatever else is out there.
Thret

by Repoman » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:35 pm

My dream is a PC game that isnt bogged down by outdated console technology and plagued by DLC.
Repoman

by Rologton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Bagger Vance wrote:Image

That's why I want the remake.

I want nothing about the world changed, just updated graphics and gameplay technology.

A boy can dream. :(

@Volty and Thret: Those sound awesome. Like, seriously, I could see myself loving those.

@Argent: Your dreams inspire me, I will begin the funding process now. :cry: (<- tears inspired by beauty)

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Boler » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:12 am

I've always dreamed of making a game that starts out as nothing but a white room, and molds itself into a type game based on how you play the game. So one playthrough you're a 1920s mafia man who runs around cleaning up the street, and the next one you beat someone with a stick in the white room and end up saving the fantasy world from some evil wizard trying to make the universe implode or something.
Image Image
I am a frequent user of random loadouts I don't really like.
Boler
Donator

by Lime_Flavored_Dragon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:53 am

Wind waker art style
Medieval RPG - first person if possible
Lots of friendly dragons - maybe even playing as one
ImageImage

8:04 PM - ≫ReL≪ PootisFactory CSn|LN: the dragon is sniffing the shark and the shark is tasting the dragon
Lime_Flavored_Dragon

by Rologton » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Lime_Flavored_Dragon wrote:Wind waker art style

What would you say these dragons will taste like?

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Lime_Flavored_Dragon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Rologton wrote:
Lime_Flavored_Dragon wrote:Wind waker art style

What would you say these dragons will taste like?

Regular dragons

Maybe throw in a Lime dragon as a shoutout :mrgreen:
ImageImage

8:04 PM - ≫ReL≪ PootisFactory CSn|LN: the dragon is sniffing the shark and the shark is tasting the dragon
Lime_Flavored_Dragon

by gewf » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:04 am

"Yugioh that isn't full of stupidly OP stuff whose only purpose is to get nerfed in less than a year. (AKA a lot of the decks in the current meta)"

yugioh? you want... yugioh?
Don't get me wrong, I used to be all over the shit, but I was 10 and realized the game was dumb but still played because my friends did.
play magic the gathering if you want a good card game. Infinitely more options, and there isn't a "best deck" that guarantees your victory each time.
gewf
Donator

by Boler » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 am

gewf wrote:Infinitely more options, and there isn't a "best deck" that guarantees your victory each time.

Go to any tourney or just play online in general, and you will see the same decks repeatingly. It's a game I play with friends but refuse to take seriously in any competetive scene.
Image Image
I am a frequent user of random loadouts I don't really like.
Boler
Donator

by Nikki Wolf » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:48 am

gewf wrote:"Yugioh that isn't full of stupidly OP stuff whose only purpose is to get nerfed in less than a year. (AKA a lot of the decks in the current meta)"

yugioh? you want... yugioh?
Don't get me wrong, I used to be all over the shit, but I was 10 and realized the game was dumb but still played because my friends did.
play magic the gathering if you want a good card game. Infinitely more options, and there isn't a "best deck" that guarantees your victory each time.

I wanted a Yugioh that isn't full of broken stuff -w-

And I would play Magic if I had the money. Sadly, I don't.
Nikki Wolf

by Sundaybrawl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:54 am

I would love an "HD" remake of FFV and FFVI for 3DS. They've done 3 and 4 for DS, why not 5 and 6 for 3DS? 6 definitely deserves more than the other two for DS.
Sundaybrawl
Donator

by gewf » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:28 pm

A game where you play as jeremy clarkson and you drive cars and listen to witty jeremy clarkson commentary
gewf
Donator

by LegendarySurgeon » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:35 pm

My dream game is a PC Monster Hunter game with a giant open world. I honestly couldn't care whether it was an MMO or not and I'm not sure I need anything else special. I just really want a modern PC Monster Hunter game I can play in America.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

Return to Spam Fest