Regretfully, my time has come

Talk about random stuff that has nothing to do with TF2 or other games.

Regretfully, my time has come

by Cash » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:39 pm

As much as I hate to say it, I'm done with TF2 (and all other Steam games).....for now. Like Saber, I'm headed off to college. For anyone who cares, I'm going to Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN. I know many of you will say that I'll have plenty of time, if not more than before, to play games. However, I've given it a lot of thought, and I've come to the decision that I don't want games to be a part of my college life. I'd much rather spend my free time hanging out with friends, going to parties, or doing something other than sitting in my dorm. I just want to make sure that I take advantage of all the opportunities that will be presented to me, especially in the next couple weeks and months.

I've currently uninstalled every game I own with the exception of TF2. That's because if (and likely when) I come back, that's the only game I plan on ever playing again. And if I do choose to play, it will be much more sporadically than I play as of now. I do plan to lurk around on the forums, at least every once in a while to check up on things, so it's not like I'll be completely gone. Y'all can still get in touch with me if you send me a message here on the forums or something. I wouldn't expect a TF2 comeback to be until around Winter Break though. As I see it, I want to get in at least a full semester of game-free college before I make that decision. I spent WAY too much of my time in high school playing games, and I don't want to make that mistake again.

I do really love this community, and it'll be the first place I come back to. But for now, this is goodbye.
This is a signature. Thank you for your time.
Cash

Re: Regretfully, my time has come

by VoltySquirrel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Later bro.
VoltySquirrel

by LegendarySurgeon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Fare thee well, Cash.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by Prof_Schwartz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Gonna miss you callin me Schwartzy every time i join the servers
Prof_Schwartz

by Saber » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:44 pm

Let...me...borrow...your hats?

Good on you. Hopefully you won't get arrested at those parties, because it would be really unfortunate if you did. But still, some nights there just isn't really anything to do, everybody's busy and stuff, come on back to the old lands, where you've logged loads and loads of memories and kills on stranges, where there will always be a sardonic group of people ready to jump on your back and mock, and I don't really know where I'm going with this.
Anyway, goodbye, thanks for all the fish, etc. I'll miss ya.
Saber

by stanley » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:59 pm

ill miss you

can i have your hat

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by Rologton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:17 am

Look, guys, I'm serious when I say this: it's really not that hard to balance things.

Are there people that spend every free time in their dorm playing XBox? Yes, they would be my old roommates. The rest of us have no trouble balancing school work, making friends, getting trashed and playing some games. Look, as free as you may be at times, your friends might not be. In fact, there will probably be a few days a week where you have a huge few hour block where nobody you know well is out of class. Those are the times you throw in some video games. Or that hour you have between one class and another, where there's not much point in doing anything else because you'll have to leave quickly. I am a full time college student and an ROTC Cadet. I get lunch and dinner and hang out with people every day, I party any night I want to and just about every weekend, I have a girlfriend, and I still play TF2 and other games all the time.

I don't know if that will change your mind, but I really think you're making a mistake. If you don't have something cathartic to do in your down time to let off steam between classes, you're going to go crazy. I had a roommate who always got sick by the end of semester because all he did was work, study and nap throughout the day. You need to find time, every day, to relax a little or your body and your work will suffer. Anyway, you can make a lot of friends by playing games with them.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Patrid » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:28 am

More power to ya'.
Have fun on campus (I'll hold you to that).

If you have any unwanted pregnancies, I shotty your first born. It's more common than you think.
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Saber » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:26 am

By the way, I know like two girls who are going to Vanderbilt who are you age so hit me up if you're lonely one niiiiiiiiiiiight~
(joking joking)
Saber

by Touchy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:10 am

I think you are doing the right thing. College is a time to make as many connections as possible. Plus college chicks bang...
Touchy

by Phantom » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:31 am

The thing about life is you get one shot to do what you want, you get one decision to make and you can never make it again, I have always been an optimist and I say do the best you can with the time allotted to you, no regrets, no looking back only moving foward. You have to remember this through out life, you do the best you can and smile at the result of your choices.

I have made mistakes in my life big or small dosnt matter but I do not regret any of them take them as a learning experience and do better because as I stated above you cant go back and redo it so whats the point in crying about it? you learn move on try to make a better situation out of it.

In the words of dave matthews
"life is short but sweet for certain."

Enjoy college make friends have fun enjoy life and do your best, you will be missed.
Westbox is still Bestbox
Phantom
Blue Admin
Resident Ballonicorn Expert

by Cash » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Don't get me wrong. I really like TF2. Frankly, that's the problem. Whenever I do play it, I have trouble managing time for the rest of my life. In a perfect world, I would be able to play in that hour or two I have between classes and be able to cut myself off at that. Unfortunately, I have never been able to do that in 3.5 years of playing this game. I missed too many opportunities in high school to make connections with other people to be willing to take that risk again. I do have lots of friends and am generally happy with my life, but I know I can do better. Like I said, if I feel that I'm able to properly balance my game time with my life, I'll come back. In the mean time, I have plenty of opportunities to have fun and enjoy myself in other ways.

tl;dr It's not that I don't want to play, it's that I'm stupid and bad at time management
This is a signature. Thank you for your time.
Cash

by Failhorse » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:02 pm

In other words sandvich > girl in highschool :D

Cash will be missed. But i know i'll see you again, in Spaceballs 2, the search for more money.. .Haha get it?
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Rologton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Dat reference...
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Prof_Schwartz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Rologton wrote:Dat reference...
Prof_Schwartz

by stanley » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:21 pm

"tf2 is more important than GF"-tnt responding to our teams medic hanging with his gf, and not playing tf2

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

Return to Spam Fest