Diablo III Review

You review games and life. We post it in the blog

Diablo III Review

by MamaWeegee » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:06 am

Platform: PC / Mac
Genre: Action/RPG
Release Date: May 15, 2012
Price:$59.99

Left click. Left click left click left click! Right click right click, left click right click. Decard Cain left click left click. Azmodan, left click right click. Left click left click

left click/ left click

But in all seriousness this is a very good game. Minus the fact that Blizzard thought it was a good idea to make legendaries and rares less powerful then normal blue worded (wtf?) and that up until Hell mode the game is fairly easy. But once you get to Hell the difficulty ramps up exponentially and you start getting amazing loot. Also Decard Cain has the best voice actor of ALL time.

GAMEPLAY:
It kinda just boils down to old school Diablo click-a-thon although skill runes do add some complexity to your overall approach. Speaking of skills the removal of skill trees is my biggest complaint. Instead of allocating points into skills you unlock "runes" which alter the properties of your abilities. Want an attack that gives you a percentage of health back? There's a rune for that. Want to deal massive amounts of damage? There's a rune for that. Want to make your attacks look pretty? There is in fact runes for that. Abilities are set up in six main button quickslots. 1, 2, 3, 4, Left Click, and Right Click, all activate abilities which can be assigned through the skills menu (Pro-tip: Enable elective mode to assign any tier skill to any slot :O). You also have five classes. Your wizard, barbarian, monk, witch doctor, and demon hunter. Wizards wield magic spells while witch doctors can use curses and summon zombies (dogs) to do their bidding. Monks are like paladins, they can tank damage and heal allies, and barbarians can leap everywhere. Demon hunters are a ranged class using bows and crossbows and setting up traps. This is the most involved class and probably the hardest to play, newcomers should steer clear.

GRAPHICS:
Obviously the natural evolution of the Diablo franchise, while not extremely flashy they get the job done. Most computers should be able to handle this (my friend is using a in-board 7000 series Nvidia card and it has minimal framerate lag). The bosses character models are well designed and the locals are varied (if not a mirror of Diablo II, I swear the areas progress the same exact way). Enemies die with satisfactory bloodshed and with added physics you'll see demon heads flying left and right as you progress through the "story"

STORY:
Who plays Diablo for the story? This is by far the weakest part of the game. I don't want to spoil anything for those who still want to play through but the first two games are not a requirement to know what is happening in the 3rd.

CONCLUSION:
A worthwhile effort by Blizzard. While it's not better than Diablo II I would put it at least on par. I'd say it is worth buying but if you want to wait it could be a while before the price drops.

4/5
Level 12 Cardinals Fan
MamaWeegee

Re: Diablo III Review

by LegendarySurgeon » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:15 am

MamaWeegee wrote:I'd say it is worth buying but if you want to wait it could be a while before the price drops.

Yeah, it's sad but it's true, Blizzard's prices take a long type to drop. I'll probably wait until I'm sure I have someone to play multiplayer with.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by Mike808 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:24 am

Diablo 3 kiting in a nutshell
Snowsickle shared this with me, so ill share it here

Diabo III Inferno Kiting: And The Heavens Shall Tremble

When I got kicked from casual...
Broseph Stalin : why the fuck would you kick him
Rehvii : why did u kick him?
Rehvii : dumbasses
Rehvii : now we are going to get fucked
Broseph Stalin : he was literally the best engie I've seen in a valve server ever
Mike808
Blue Admin
I blame Snowsickle

by Smeemo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:08 pm

LMAO @ the kiting vid. :lol: :lol:

And I liked the review. Though you should've mentioned that an authenticator is almost necessary due to the amount of compromised accounts. Still a little bitter....
Smeemo

by Spyder » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Currently have a level 13 Demon Hunter. Demon Hunter seems a little dull, so I'm thinking of rerolling.
Image Image
Spyder

by Thret » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:12 pm

I'm glad my kiting technique has made it out into the world.
Thret

by Hatred » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:38 am

hmmm waited 1 month before i was willing to consider buying ... cause all blizz games in the last 10 years have been crap ... and glad i did lol

week 1 - everyone said its sooo good you need to get it blah blah blah

week 2 - D3's population took a huge hit and alot of ppl stopped playing

week 3 - was the opposite of week 1 ...

week 4 - i was laughing cause i still had my $60 ...

life is good
also known as csn broken [UbM]
Hatred
Donator

Return to Community Reviews and Commentary