Fun Server Changes

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Fun Server Changes

by Doctor Galaxy » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:54 am

Hello all.
I’d like to bring up the issue today of the current status of the Love Nest / Fun Haus.
With the combined help of Telomirin (Potate_Hoe), Zuul, Bird (Flufffage), and myself, we have went through and created some ideas that would help improve the overall state of the Pink servers (getting more people in), as well as improving on what could be done. What is stated here are merely ideas, but we’d like to hear feedback on what could actually be done to help bring people into the servers, and would love it if anything from this list is implemented. Some points may seem redundant but that shows that they relate to multiple aspects of the fun servers.
Basically, this entire list/post is more about getting the community involved than anything in the Pink servers.
Things that are in bold and underlined text represent major topics that need to be revised and looked at. Things in bold underneath main points are what we consider to be easy improvements.

1. More maps / Testing
- Can be done once a week / 2 weeks.
- Invite community members to test out maps for feedback. This could be done with popping announcements and ratings on the forums for easy access.
- Remove maps that favor one class (Sniper-heavy matches, unless it’s generally well received)

2. New person(s) adding maps
- Current are not doing anything
- If the ones who get this power stop find new ones, keep an active person.
- New maps/content = more people staying

3. Game modes
- Mannpower
- x10 w/wo grappling hooks
- Prop Hunt
- TF2 Kart
- MGE
- Smash Bros

4. Reorganize game modes/maps
- Fun maps should be random maps that don’t fit elsewhere, however this does not apply to all maps (cp_orange)
- Sports section (eg. Soccer, Billiards, PASS Time, etc.)
- Competitive section (competitive can be fun!)
- More tolerance towards maps that have “trade_” in them (if fun and has content)

5. Admin Server (very rough idea not something completely serious)
- Admins run it, basically a step below Redmin on that server.
- Fingerman only for if admins fuck up, which if there’s too many fuck ups then the server is too much of a hassle.
- All admins know how to add maps
- Democracy between both community members and admins, everyone has a say and if someone does something without majority vote then punishment.
- Fun Haus or Love Nest for testing this, doesn’t matter
- Get the community involved as well not just admins, have them have input (maybe)

6. Removing game modes that aren’t popular/supported
- Freeze Tag
- Medieval (maybe)
- Actually looking at the overall ratings on maps to select what should go and what should stay, this is a bit tedious at the moment, look at the next points.
- Refine voting so that the 1 - 3 keys on the keyboard cannot influence a vote rating, but rather 4 - 9, as many people vote terrible - meh when they want to switch to their weapons
- Put a vote on the forums so that admins can easily access it, and active community members can vote on the maps (ie strawpoll)
- Put vote at the end of the game

7. More leniency on binds/language violations (Slaybox currently allows binds, but not as much on the funbox)
- Not continuous spamming
- No heavy racial/stereotypical/sexist remarks, but allowed only if used jokingly
- If not the latter, add a wordfilter (we suggest that a wordfilter would be the best idea for this section in general)
- Words, such as fag and nigger, should still be a no go

8. Removing shit tier maps/updating maps
- Balloon Race clones that are inferior to the updated versions
- Removing reskinned dodgeball maps
- This goes along with section 4 and 6.

9. Voice / Micspam Limits
- Cannot continuously spam (ie cannot be a solid beat for 3 minutes straight)
- Must not be ear-rapingly loud (this leads to people muting admins/donators and people leaving the server)
- Admins not immune to these rules (they will be punished)
- !votemute working again and can mute admins for the round and admins should not be allowed to unmute themselves
- If admins get continuously muted for decent reasons they should be punished (maybe the privilege to micspam should be revoked temporarily)
- Players are able to talk about trading as long as they do not spam chat

10. Removing the ability for players to cap the point on VSH

11. Remove player game mode cap (10 player to play saxton hale)
- If players want to play 2v1 saxton hale they should be allowed because it’s a fun server.
- Having game modes locked because of not having enough players sucks.

12. Add fun new admin/donator gimmicks or player gimmicks
- New trails
- New abilities (RTD, !killstreak, etc)

13. Non-donator perks:
- No class restrictions (this happens from time to time if a admin/donator takes a class (ie Engi/Sniper) and that person is unable to play as said class
- Temporary currency system to allow players to purchase trails, text colors, etc. (plugin)

14. Alter time limit on certain game modes
- Dodgeball ~15 min
- Trade maps ~10 min
- Medieval ~15 min
- Have a base time limit of 15 min and when the vote comes up have an option to “Stay on this map?” (best in our opinions)

15. Admin
- Zuul and Doctor Galaxy are still moderators, they can’t ban, kick, or mute players because of such, or even post announcements in the Fun Server 2 group (need vote on their admin stuff, it’s been 7 months)
- Remove admins who aren’t doing anything and have not been on the servers for a loooong while (unless valid excuse like air force, navy, or college)
- Remove admins the community doesn’t like (vote by community)
- Admins not immune to rules and get fairly punished (not always remove powers)
- New redmin people (maybe someone below Redmin but more power than normal admin and can actually alter the server/add changes)! Psyk has not been on as of late, and because of that, there’s no central person to go to about the Pink servers. As such, things have been dreadfully stagnant.
- Remove age limit from the admin application; older doesn’t necessarily mean better (Many of the current admins are busy in college, and having admins that are in high school would mean that they’d be able to run the servers at better times due to less work in their curriculum)
- (Edit) Admins are not allowed to be able to force-change a map without a vote from the server. If the current map is broken, the admins should put up a vote for at least 3 different maps.

16. Community
- More community involvement (voting on admins and maps)
- Community should be encouraged to host their own events (allow them to post their own popping announcements)
- Community should be encouraged to voice their opinions on the forum (have a link be posted in chat every 5 or so minutes telling them
- !votemute, !votekick, !votescramble added
- List changes on the forums (changelog) so people can input better
- Have votes on new maps on the forums to see what should stay/go
-Strawpolls on everything! The community’s votes can influence what is on the servers and what not.
- Make the forums easier to navigate because currently it’s very hard to find threads of interest and a redesign would help community involvement (potential redesign, this is a lot of work we know)
- Update the funserver community on steam (put stuff there too)
- People can become admins of funservers community group to make popping announcements
- Have Fun Servers / Slayboxes thread links right on the front page to make it easier to navigate to threads you want.
- “Report an Admin” thread section on the front page, this is so players can feel comfortable about reporting bad admins with verifiable proof. (enable replays)

17. Tournaments (new regular tournaments)
- PASS Time tourney (looking to do one before January ends)
- MGE
- 4v4s matchups
- 6v6s matchups
- HL matchups
- Prizes don’t have to be extravagant
- Donator privileges for a week/month
- A couple ref
- A moderate value cosmetic (Stranges?)
- A low cost hat
- A key

With the tournaments in mind, we do not have any qualms hosting them. However, we have agreed that if we could get people on the server who are interested in the competitive scene to come and play a match every now and then just for fun, then it would help pop the servers. Another point we agreed on to come to this conclusion was that it was admittedly boring staying in a server for thirty minutes to an hour doing nothing but looking at each other, when other maps, such as pl_rainbowride, show the competitiveness of the inhabitants of the Pink servers. We looked at the success of the Slaybox, being that since it runs stock maps and it attracts people in that sense, and agreed that people would like trying out mock Highlander or 6s if they were offered it.
As stated, there’s still two fun servers, and both of them will still host “fun” maps.
(Edit because I forgot to put this in the last time): We feel that while having an admin meeting means something, the last one we had proved that we can talk about the problems all we want, but nothing has been done about it. On that note, we'd rather have a community meeting, where the community members are able to voice their opinions with the admins so that everyone can discuss what's to be done in a single conversation.
In conclusion, these changes that have been listed have actually been stated by the community multiple times, and these changes could potentially net both the LN or Fun Haus getting popped a lot daily. We want to see these servers popped because most people want to play and have fun with their friends on a fun servers.
If anything needs to be clarified, Telomirin (Potate_Hoe), Bird (Flufff), Zuul, and myself can answer questions!
Last edited by Doctor Galaxy on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Doctor Galaxy
Pink Admin

Re: Fun Server Changes

by flufffage » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:58 am

Doctor Galaxy wrote: Bird (Flufffage)

Yes hello, this is Bird.

I am 100% behind these ideas. Not all of them have to happen right away, but it'd be fantastic if we could get some progress on this pretty soon so we can get some really effective pops going over winter break.
#opinions
pinkmins more like saltmins amirite
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Hodgepodge » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:03 pm

We'll keep this in mind for the upcoming Admin Meeting.
Did somebody call for the resident pessimist and doctor?
Hodgepodge
Pink Admin

by Potate_hoe » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi
Potate_hoe

by SnakeShesh » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:48 pm

I really like all of these points especially the Game modes thing. Changes like these would make me more excited to play on Fun Servers, and hopefully keep it populated.
SnakeShesh

by megamoose » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Mind if we add Saxton Hale or keep it (without lime dragon model)?
Always seems to be a good idea.
Randomizer (Kappa?)?
Random keys for vote ratings (IE one time it is 5,7,9; another its 3,5,8, etc)?
Also Doodle polls instead of Strawpoll - those dont last forever I think (to vote on),
Vote at end of game NECESSARY.
I like the word filter idea a lot!
1 OF EACH MAP ONLY PLEASE. Like, no dodgeball sandvich, float is best, balloon race v2 inferior to v3 (outdated), etc.
Micspam for songs: 5 minute maximum, some songs are long but fun to hear the whole way through.
Trade spamming cannot be more than 1 message in a regular sized chat box, when you press the Chat button.
!votemute pls work ;.;.
Voting maybe on micspam for the server, server-wide vote.
#10 is an obvious I think.
Maybe like 1 or 2 gamemodes locked until 4 show up - logic behind is that a group of 4 or so comes in together, maybe not 2/3...
#12 is necessary to promote donating maybe?
Time limits: All game modes up to 20 minutes based on player count.
Admin voting: Zuul + Doc 4 Pinkmin pl0x.
Seriously though, remove all admins who don't try and repopulate the servers, IE NBC, Godmin, maybe Ninja (doesn't come really, even though her name is on the Lovenest name)
Admin vote only with evidence though, like replays / demos / recordings.
I'd like to nominate Map finders: Telo / Sonic
Remove age limit - but they can't sound like me when I first joined CSn (OH GOD, THOSE DAYS #goldmin)
Tourneys - Like the idea, but we will need a lot of reminders / announcements / getting the word out about them
Community separate group channel for separate events / announcements?
All community should be encouraged to voice their opinions on the forum - NECESSARY
Changelog good idea
Redesign of forums for easier access maybe? IF A PART OF THE FORUM ISNT ACTIVE FOR 2+ MONTHS, REMOVE / ADD NEW PARTS

ALL CHANGES HAVE BEEN STATED MULTIPLE TIMES - WE JUST NEED A REVIVAL AND COMMITMENT BY THE COMMUNITY - WE NEED EVERYBODY'S HELP - I know myself I haven't tried to because I'm addicted to league - but that shall change soon.

I hope my opinions don't get wasted - Moose - the only funbox guy who has stayed since "Benny's Funbox" days with Warioware (ah THOSE days)
megamoose
Donator

by Someone Special » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:32 am

megamoose wrote: IE NBC, Godmin, maybe Ninja

Psyk has said these people would always have admin.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by megamoose » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:25 am

Someone Special wrote:

They come MAYBE for 1/2 days, and they havent been a part of the community for 3+ yrs, it's time to move on from those years. It's a fresh, new start.
megamoose
Donator

by flufffage » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:38 am

megamoose wrote:
Someone Special wrote:

They come MAYBE for 1/2 days, and they havent been a part of the community for 3+ yrs, it's time to move on from those years. It's a fresh, new start.

They'll keep their admin. We just won't expect anything from them¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is not the most important point to discuss, move on pls.
#opinions
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by JOYR1D3 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:25 am

God it's like we're putting the server on life support and yelling "CLEAR" once every 2 months. That being said I'm behind most these ideas, but I think the current language policy is lenient enough. Other than that, I'm all for it.
JOYR1D3

by Potate_hoe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:30 am

If anyone has anything to add to the list or modify please let us know! This is a community effort and need everyone's help :)

Thank you guys!
Potate_hoe

by megamoose » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:45 am

flufffage wrote: IE NBC, Godmin, maybe Ninja

They'll keep their admin. We just won't expect anything from them¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is not the most important point to discuss, move on pls.

Maybe its me just knowing who they are, at least move them to moderator. The community should know who the REAL admins are, like birb, hoodgepoodge, zull, ducktor galaxy, etc. Srsly. These are all admins that should be moved to mod, because they never come / help (or will help). (I know I'm saying this as a community member, but still):

Ninja, Gdmin, NBC, Greyfox, Knees, Arty, Repo (if he is), Thrumond (I don't think he is though)

Just saying this as a core member of this community....
megamoose
Donator

by Potate_hoe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:57 am

Maybe its me just knowing who they are, at least move them to moderator. The community should know who the REAL admins are, like birb, hoodgepoodge, zull, ducktor galaxy, etc. Srsly. These are all admins that should be moved to mod, because they never come / help (or will help). (I know I'm saying this as a community member, but still):

Ninja, Gdmin, NBC, Greyfox, Knees, Arty, Repo (if he is), Thrumond (I don't think he is though)

How does only having active admins listed on the site sound? Like fluff and what not, but people like those three that psyk said retain the admin just be unlisted so people do know who the real admins are?
Potate_hoe

by megamoose » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:14 am

Potate_hoe wrote:

How does only having active admins listed on the site sound? Like fluff and what not, but people like those three that psyk said retain the admin just be unlisted so people do know who the real admins are?

Id like that. I realised I sounded like an angry moose there. I need a snickers bar.
megamoose
Donator

by Potate_hoe » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:07 am

megamoose wrote:Id like that. I realised I sounded like an angry moose there. I need a snickers bar.

Nah dude you're fine :)
Potate_hoe

by flufffage » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:15 am

megamoose wrote:Id like that. I realised I sounded like an angry moose there. I need a snickers bar.

#opinions
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by NBC011795 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:32 pm

Quite interesting to check out the forums for the first time in months to find an argument going on concerning you.
NBC011795
Pink Admin

by flufffage » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Doctor Galaxy wrote:1. More maps / Testing
- Can be done once a week / 2 weeks.
- Invite community members to test out maps for feedback. This could be done with popping announcements and ratings on the forums for easy access.
- Remove maps that favor one class (Sniper-heavy matches, unless it’s generally well received)

Passed. We agreed that 2 weeks is a good timeframe. Majority votes for maps.

2. New person(s) adding maps
- Current are not doing anything
- If the ones who get this power stop find new ones, keep an active person.
- New maps/content = more people staying

Passed. Haus and top pinkmin will take care of adding/removing maps.
3. Game modes
- Mannpower
- x10 w/wo grappling hooks
- Prop Hunt
- TF2 Kart
- MGE
- Smash Bros

Passed that we compatability test ASAP

4. Reorganize game modes/maps
- Fun maps should be random maps that don’t fit elsewhere, however this does not apply to all maps (cp_orange)
- Sports section (eg. Soccer, Billiards, PASS Time, etc.)
- Competitive section (competitive can be fun!)
- More tolerance towards maps that have “trade_” in them (if fun and has content)

Passed to reorganize, "fun maps" category will be overflow for un-categorizable maps. rename "competitive" section to "GIT GUD"
5. Admin Server (very rough idea not something completely serious)
- Admins run it, basically a step below Redmin on that server.
- Fingerman only for if admins fuck up, which if there’s too many fuck ups then the server is too much of a hassle.
- All admins know how to add maps
- Democracy between both community members and admins, everyone has a say and if someone does something without majority vote then punishment.
- Fun Haus or Love Nest for testing this, doesn’t matter
- Get the community involved as well not just admins, have them have input (maybe)

Tabled for future elaboration and discussion with blumins
6. Removing game modes that aren’t popular/supported
- Freeze Tag
- Medieval (maybe)
- Actually looking at the overall ratings on maps to select what should go and what should stay, this is a bit tedious at the moment, look at the next points.
- Refine voting so that the 1 - 3 keys on the keyboard cannot influence a vote rating, but rather 4 - 9, as many people vote terrible - meh when they want to switch to their weapons
- Put a vote on the forums so that admins can easily access it, and active community members can vote on the maps (ie strawpoll)
- Put vote at the end of the game

Remove Freeze Tag, Shorten Medieval Time (See #14), Fix map rate vote to show up halfway through map time.
7. More leniency on binds/language violations (Slaybox currently allows binds, but not as much on the funbox)
- Not continuous spamming
- No heavy racial/stereotypical/sexist remarks, but allowed only if used jokingly
- If not the latter, add a wordfilter (we suggest that a wordfilter would be the best idea for this section in general)
- Words, such as fag and nigger, should still be a no go

Passed to add word filter.

8. Removing shit tier maps/updating maps
- Balloon Race clones that are inferior to the updated versions
- Removing reskinned dodgeball maps
- This goes along with section 4 and 6.

Passed, vote before removal.

9. Voice / Micspam Limits
- Cannot continuously spam (ie cannot be a solid beat for 3 minutes straight)
- Must not be ear-rapingly loud (this leads to people muting admins/donators and people leaving the server)
- Admins not immune to these rules (they will be punished)
- !votemute working again and can mute admins for the round and admins should not be allowed to unmute themselves
- If admins get continuously muted for decent reasons they should be punished (maybe the privilege to micspam should be revoked temporarily)
- Players are able to talk about trading as long as they do not spam chat

Passed, admins use best judgement

10. Removing the ability for players to cap the point on VSH

Passed to make cappable at 1v3
11. Remove player game mode cap (10 player to play saxton hale)
- If players want to play 2v1 saxton hale they should be allowed because it’s a fun server.
- Having game modes locked because of not having enough players sucks.

Passed.
12. Add fun new admin/donator gimmicks or player gimmicks
- New trails
- New abilities (RTD, !killstreak, etc)

Passed to add more/new sm_speak, !killstread. RTD moved to #13.

13. Non-donator perks:
- No class restrictions (this happens from time to time if a admin/donator takes a class (ie Engi/Sniper) and that person is unable to play as said class
- Temporary currency system to allow players to purchase trails, text colors, etc. (plugin)

Passed to remove class restrictions. Passed to add RTD for all players. No to currency.
14. Alter time limit on certain game modes
- Dodgeball ~15 min
- Trade maps ~10 min
- Medieval ~15 min
- Have a base time limit of 15 min and when the vote comes up have an option to “Stay on this map?” (best in our opinions)

Passed. Also lower CTF time limit.
15. Admin
- Zuul and Doctor Galaxy are still moderators, they can’t ban, kick, or mute players because of such, or even post announcements in the Fun Server 2 group (need vote on their admin stuff, it’s been 7 months)
- Remove admins who aren’t doing anything and have not been on the servers for a loooong while (unless valid excuse like air force, navy, or college)
- Remove admins the community doesn’t like (vote by community)
- Admins not immune to rules and get fairly punished (not always remove powers)
- New redmin people (maybe someone below Redmin but more power than normal admin and can actually alter the server/add changes)! Psyk has not been on as of late, and because of that, there’s no central person to go to about the Pink servers. As such, things have been dreadfully stagnant.
- Remove age limit from the admin application; older doesn’t necessarily mean better (Many of the current admins are busy in college, and having admins that are in high school would mean that they’d be able to run the servers at better times due to less work in their curriculum)
- (Edit) Admins are not allowed to be able to force-change a map without a vote from the server. If the current map is broken, the admins should put up a vote for at least 3 different maps.

Passed to remove inactive admins from lists, but not from powers. Passed to remove admin process: First community brings item to attention (use Report an Admin #16), then admin vote to see if it is really an issue, then community vote to remove admin. Passed to change age limit on admin applications to 16. Passed edition on rules for Admin forced changing maps: If server crashes, admin may set to previous map, or to map that had been voted on. If there had not been a voted map, then admin must put up a vote for next map.

16. Community
- More community involvement (voting on admins and maps)
- Community should be encouraged to host their own events (allow them to post their own popping announcements)
- Community should be encouraged to voice their opinions on the forum (have a link be posted in chat every 5 or so minutes telling them
- !votemute, !votekick, !votescramble added
- List changes on the forums (changelog) so people can input better
- Have votes on new maps on the forums to see what should stay/go
-Strawpolls on everything! The community’s votes can influence what is on the servers and what not.
- Make the forums easier to navigate because currently it’s very hard to find threads of interest and a redesign would help community involvement (potential redesign, this is a lot of work we know)
- Update the funserver community on steam (put stuff there too)
- People can become moderators* of funservers community group to make popping announcements
- Have Fun Servers / Slayboxes thread links right on the front page to make it easier to navigate to threads you want.
- “Report an Admin” thread section on the front page, this is so players can feel comfortable about reporting bad admins with verifiable proof. (enable replays)

Passed. *on an interest basis.
17. Tournaments (new regular tournaments)
- PASS Time tourney (looking to do one before January ends)
- MGE
- 4v4s matchups
- 6v6s matchups
- HL matchups
- Prizes don’t have to be extravagant
- Donator privileges for a week/month
- A couple ref
- A moderate value cosmetic (Stranges?)
- A low cost hat
- A key

Tabled to bring to all-admin meeting (lol if that ever happens)

Good meeting, guys. We're looking at scheduling another map meeting, once we get Haus and our top pinkmin trained/refreshed on how to add/change maps.
#opinions
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Potate_hoe » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:44 pm

NBC011795 wrote:Quite interesting to check out the forums for the first time in months.

Which was the issue with most people.

And I'm glad the vote went through on the points! Woohoo for progress! :D
Potate_hoe

by Someone Special » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:44 pm

NBC011795 wrote:Quite interesting to check out the forums for the first time in months to find an argument going on concerning you.

I can only imagine.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Potate_hoe » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Oh I just realized an issue

flufffage wrote:Passed to reorganize, "fun maps" category will be overflow for un-categorizable maps. rename "competitive" section to "GIT GUD"

"GIT GUD" is funny and all but I think for new people on the server Git Gud might be confusing and won't know it's competitive. Unless I'm underestimating people lol
Potate_hoe

by Someone Special » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Potate_hoe wrote:"GIT GUD" is funny and all but I think for new people on the server Git Gud might be confusing and won't know it's competitive.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Space Sloth » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:01 pm

flufffage wrote:
Doctor Galaxy wrote:Passed to change age limit on admin applications to 16.

:B1:
Space Sloth

by Boehner » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Potate_hoe wrote:Oh I just realized an issue

flufffage wrote:Passed to reorganize, "fun maps" category will be overflow for un-categorizable maps. rename "competitive" section to "GIT GUD"

"GIT GUD" is funny and all but I think for new people on the server Git Gud might be confusing and won't know it's competitive. Unless I'm underestimating people lol

Maybe they should GIT GUD?
Boehner
Donator

by Potate_hoe » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Boehner wrote:
Maybe they should GIT GUD?

Hey dude I know this was a joke but I'm going to use you. Sorry!

As stated up
Doctor Galaxy wrote:In conclusion, these changes that have been listed have actually been stated by the community multiple times, and these changes could potentially net both the LN or Fun Haus getting popped a lot daily. We want to see these servers popped because most people want to play and have fun with their friends on a fun servers.

and
Doctor Galaxy wrote:Basically, this entire list/post is more about getting the community involved than anything in the Pink servers.

git gud just won't do as a title because we want new people. As it currently stands only regulars go on, and they only go on when there's a pop. Which happens maybe once every two or three days and those last maybe an hour or two. And if it turns out nothing is done well the servers will just stay how they are, nobody playing and ultimately being a waste of CSn money. Any of the old funserver crew (Moose, Doc, Zuul, fluff, me, etc) don't really like the current state of things and would like stuff to get changed. It sucks that no one is on the servers anymore when there used to be 20 or so for hours.

But this has happened, in my opinion, due to the fact that one TF2 is getting old, and two because no one is willing to change anything when there certainly are changes that can be made that would be absolutely fun. It is clear that there is still an active community in TF2 with the amount of new maps and how the slaybox is usually always packed. These changes, in our opinions, will breath new life into the community and give them more reasons to stay. Which is why the community and admin change lists are so big, because we consider those changes (along with the other bolded and underlined important topics) to be the most important. Not to just change gamemodes up and add maps.

Anyways here's to hoping actual change happens, and again for that to happen we need the community members to voice there additions or approval of the stuff already proposed at the TBA community vs. admins meeting.
Last edited by Potate_hoe on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Potate_hoe

by Someone Special » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:37 pm

Potate_hoe wrote: Any of the old funserver crew (Moose, Doc, Zuul, fluff, me, etc) .

Not to be rude or anything, but I'd hardly call yourselves the "Old Funserver Crew" in comparison to some of the other people who go to the servers.
Someone Special
Pink Admin

by Potate_hoe » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Someone Special wrote:
Potate_hoe wrote: Any of the old funserver crew (Moose, Doc, Zuul, fluff, me, etc) .

Not to be rude or anything, but I'd hardly call yourselves the "Old Funserver Crew" in comparison to some of the other people who go to the servers.

No you're completely right and that's why I put etc. I could only think of a couple right off the top of my head. I've been here for 3-4 years now and I would consider that part of the older crew compared to the more current people that go on. And I included fluff because in context she is also upset with the current state of things compared to how they used to be when ever she first started. And even then I only used that term in the sense that we've seen it during it's good days and are now currently seeing it in some pretty sad days.
Potate_hoe

by Rumors » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:01 pm

This is a kind of constructive criticism of the fun servers. I hope you take this under consideration.
Okay, so I was on Fun Servers for like, 30 minutes total, and I found a couple of the most detrimental issues that is hurting fun servers the most.

I don't think its one map or a couple alone that is the issue.

Its the very fact that some (or possibly alot) of these maps are just years old and aren't being updated by their creators, or CSn doesn't have the most recent versions of these maps implemented.

Example: Kakariko Village. (I also encountered this issue with Goldenrod City, and This Zero G map, can't remember the name.)

I remember joining funserver in 2011 and being able to load Kakariko Village through Valve effortlessly.

Fast forward to right now; after numerous updates and changes to TF2. Has Kakariko Village been updated frequently since then by the creator of that map? or has CSn implemented the most recent version of it?

Please note; This doesn't occur with all maps. but certainly enough to take notice! Some maps, I was able to download just fine through Valve.

When I tried going into the Kakariko Village map, I had to reinstall the map through valve (As I took a break from TF2 between 2012-early2015), but it would hang up and I would get an error that basically said the map could not be found in my maps folder. At that point I just had to go into my internet browser, find the map myself through google, download it, install it to my TF Map folder, and then try joining the Fun Servers again. At that point I was able to join the map just fine.

But for the average player that just wants to effortlessly join a server with that much technical work, it wouldn't be any wonder that they would just give up and join a different server altogether.

So how would a pink admin be able to find which of these maps have these conflicting issues????I think that alongside finding maps that will clear out a server, pink admins NEED to find the maps that cannot be downloaded through Team Fortress 2. If I have to go to my browser and google the custom map myself, I will not take the effort to find it. Simple as that.

How to do that? You must go to your custom map folder in your Team Fortress 2 directory folder, and delete all your custom maps. Otherwise, how will you know? You already have it downloaded so you wouldn't be able to see it from your end.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by flufffage » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Rumors wrote:This Zero G map, can't remember the name.)

pl_losthorizon_b1a or something????
Last edited by flufffage on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#opinions
flufffage
Pink Admin
the rare hellobird

by Potate_hoe » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Rumors wrote:This is a kind of constructive criticism of the fun servers. I hope you take this under consideration.
Okay, so I was on Fun Servers for like, 30 minutes total, and I found a couple of the most detrimental issues that is hurting fun servers the most.

I don't think its one map or a couple alone that is the issue.

Its the very fact that some (or possibly alot) of these maps are just years old and aren't being updated by their creators, or CSn doesn't have the most recent versions of these maps implemented.

Example: Kakariko Village. (I also encountered this issue with Goldenrod City, and This Zero G map, can't remember the name.)

I remember joining funserver in 2011 and being able to load Kakariko Village through Valve effortlessly.

Fast forward to right now; after numerous updates and changes to TF2. Has Kakariko Village been updated frequently since then by the creator of that map? or has CSn implemented the most recent version of it?

Please note; This doesn't occur with all maps. but certainly enough to take notice! Some maps, I was able to download just fine through Valve.

When I tried going into the Kakariko Village map, I had to reinstall the map through valve (As I took a break from TF2 between 2012-early2015), but it would hang up and I would get an error that basically said the map could not be found in my maps folder. At that point I just had to go into my internet browser, find the map myself through google, download it, install it to my TF Map folder, and then try joining the Fun Servers again. At that point I was able to join the map just fine.

But for the average player that just wants to effortlessly join a server with that much technical work, it wouldn't be any wonder that they would just give up and join a different server altogether.

So how would a pink admin be able to find which of these maps have these conflicting issues????I think that alongside finding maps that will clear out a server, pink admins NEED to find the maps that cannot be downloaded through Team Fortress 2. If I have to go to my browser and google the custom map myself, I will not take the effort to find it. Simple as that.

How to do that? You must go to your custom map folder in your Team Fortress 2 directory folder, and delete all your custom maps. Otherwise, how will you know? You already have it downloaded so you wouldn't be able to see it from your end.

Hey man, I don't know if that's necessarily the servers issue. I wiped my hard drive earlier this year and had no problem downloading it earlier. I don't know if that's just me or if the issue was just your computer not dealing with zelda. I dunno, but it's a good point and should be looked into regardless :)
Potate_hoe

by L0wsound » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:24 am

Potate_hoe wrote:I dunno, but it's a good point and should be looked into regardless :)

Yeah, I've never had to manually download any maps (not that I spend a lot of time on the Fun Server).
But I think Rumors has a great point in that the maps need to be updated to their latest versions.

I think it should be as easy as starting with a list of the maps and just googling them to see if there is a newer version.
Maybe a Pinkmin should start a thread with said list.
L0wsound

Return to Intense Debate