HLstats points in Critsandvich servers guide!!!

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

HLstats points in Critsandvich servers guide!!!

by Balubish » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:28 am

Hi! If you are new here or even an old member and don't really know how the HLstatsX points ingame work or mean.
Here is a guide for you and everybody how to look what kill/death ratio you have or rank all over the servers or if you have any global awards etc. If you have any question about it send me a message and I will happyily answer it, yeah I dont know how to spell but damn Im a good member :mrgreen: Best regards Balubish btw: link to critsandivich hlstats ---> http://critsandvich.com/stats/hlstats.php

PS: When we have hlstat competition you need to know this too.
We give away some unusuals and much more items if you top score. Note. You don't need to be the best player on the network to reach high hlstat score, more likely the best team member to get alot of hlstat points, say medic for example.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

Re: HLstats points in Critsandvich servers guide!!!

by Ron Swansons Stache » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Balubish wrote:Hi! If you are new here or even an old member and don't really know how the HLstatsX points ingame work or mean.
Here is a guide for you and everybody how to look what kill/death ratio you have or rank all over the servers or if you have any global awards etc. If you have any question about it send me a message and I will happyily answer it, yeah I dont know how to spell but damn Im a good member :mrgreen: Best regards Balubish btw: link to critsandivich hlstats ---> http://critsandvich.com/stats/hlstats.php

PS: When we have hlstat competition you need to know this too.
We give away some unusuals and much more items if you top score. Note. You don't need to be the best player on the network to reach high hlstat score, more likely the best team member to get alot of hlstat points, say medic for example.

Very helpful video for those who haven't checked out stats yet.

As a result of this post, I decided to look a little deeper than I normally look (usually just my own shit) and came across some pretty crazy map conclusions. I'm not sure if this is being posted in the wrong thread, and if so please feel free to delete/move it.

50% of the servers kills is between 5 maps. Or, at least I believe that is what the percentage represents at http://www.critsandvich.com/stats/hlsta ... ps&game=tf.

pl_goldrush
cp_dustbowl
pl_badwater
pl_thundermountain
pl_upward

Obviously, 4/5 of those are payload which is pretty crazy. Breaking it down even further over 23% are from goldrush and dustbowl. On a more personal note, my K:D's aren't lower on both of those top 2 maps *grumble grumble*
YOU JUST GOT BUTT CHUNDERED!
Ron Swansons Stache
Blue Admin

by Maringue » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:10 pm

I don't know if you remember that article that someone posted about identifying "good" rounds vs "bad" rounds, as in unbalanced teams. One interesting thing I found in that article was that for attackers vs defenders (cp and pl basically), their data showed that for very even matches the red team usually scores about 20% more kills than the blue. Since I think I explained that poorly, their data shows that when red has about 20% more kills on those two map types, the red/blue win ratio is right around 50/50. It seems normal that those types of maps would have the most kills on them.

You also forgot to notice that the top 4 maps in number of kills are all 3 stage maps. Those maps generally last 3 times as long as any single stage map which explains why the kills are loaded up on those maps. Unfortunately I don't see an easy way to find out the time that the server is set to each map to compare.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Beartato » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Here's a summary of % of total kills by map type:

So pl + cp maps come out to be 87.5% of all kills on the SBs + WB in the last 28 days.

And after looking at the last 24 hours of maps on SB1,I see that 92% of the play time is either pl or cp. Even after a change was made to the map voting that prevented a map from being replayed within three rounds.

The SB's have gotten pretty boring thanks to the map rotations and these numbers really show that. I really wish we'd go back to tiered map voting that prevented playing the same map type two rounds in a row. That was actually one thing I really liked about CSn when I joined it over a year ago.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

Return to Intense Debate