Should the age limit for admins be lowered?

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Should the age limit for admins be lowered?

by weapondude5 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Just wondering.
weapondude5

Re: Should the age limit for admins be lowered?

by check six » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:20 pm

mmmmmmmmm somebody really wants to be admin~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

basically my opinion was always "don't be a trashcan and you can be admin"
any questions? #meatshot
check six

by CR33D » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:47 pm

Are you serious? There is NO age limit to my knowledge. I couldn't care less if you were 5 or 50, as long as you are mature and respectful.
I deal ¹º² Damage with my favorite gun.
I also spend way to much time on the forum.

HOW THE **** DO I GET IMAGES WORKING?

http://i.imgur.com/3pXBPQs.gif
CR33D

by Arty_pn » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Just make an app after someone sponsors you. We had underage people before.
Also isn't this your 3rd thread about this?
Arty_pn

by doller » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Stop bothering people about it. As far as I know, as long as you're mature, and don't act dumb/desperate (like you), and have been around CSN (unlike you), I think we don't care too much about age unless its extreme.
doller

by taco man » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:42 pm

You are not getting admin because...

1. no one knows you

2. you keep posting fourms about it

3. we dont give out admin if you ask
taco man
Donator
Dota 2. for it all. Its a 30$ value!

by Drawed » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:53 am

Actual question, does the age limit apply to the LN admins? Because I feel like admins under 18 are the majority.
Drawed

by weapondude5 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:34 pm

To all you people that think I going to try to be an admin as soon as I can, you're wrong. I was wondering because this one day when I was playing with Arte Fawx he randomly got vote muted and he wasn't mic spamming, and there was no admins. So I wanted to know if it would be a good idea to have younger but mature admins with less powers. I NOT TRYING TO BE ADMIN! (Not yet)
weapondude5

by CR33D » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:42 pm

weapondude5 wrote:To all you people that think I going to try to be an admin as soon as I can, you're wrong. I was wondering because this one day when I was playing with Arte Fawx he randomly got vote muted and he wasn't mic spamming, and there was no admins.

People generally don't randomly mute people, unless he did something wrong. You can always ask and admin to come on to sort it out if it does happen.

weapondude5 wrote:So I wanted to know if it would be a good idea to have younger but mature admins with less powers.

Actually, I have been thinking about this part- maybe not younger, but people who are in-between an admin and a regular. A moderator, perhaps. They could just temp-mute,slay, and kick players.

CR33D

by Maringue » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:00 pm

I think the age limit is more of a guideline used to ballpark maturity level. I think it's 16 now. That said, there are plenty of 21 year olds who are no where near mature enough to be admin.

Here's my rule: if you've ever even thought about wanting to be able to use admin powers on someone because they annoyed you, you're not mature enough to be an admin.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Beartato » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:21 pm

weapondude5 wrote:To all you people that think I going to try to be an admin as soon as I can, you're wrong. I was wondering because this one day when I was playing with Arte Fawx he randomly got vote muted and he wasn't mic spamming, and there was no admins. So I wanted to know if it would be a good idea to have younger but mature admins with less powers. I NOT TRYING TO BE ADMIN! (Not yet)

How is this a problem? A successful vote mute means that at least half the server thinks the target is detracting from their experience. Could be mic spamming, could be abusive or belligerent speech, or it could just be seen as otherwise annoying. It's hardly an issue since the target will be unmuted upon return to the server.

If he feels he is being trolled or harassed with vote mutes, he should probably contact an admin and see if the servers keep logs of vote initiators and see if the admin can mediate a solution between himself and the other user.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

by Newport » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:21 pm

It was probably me, useless banter annoys players

"Ruler Zig Zag, Zig-Allah jam is fatal, Quick to stick my Wu-Tang sword right through ya navel"
"You can see the weakness of a man right through his iris, Un-loyal snakes get thrown in boilin lakes"
Newport

by Thret » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 pm

Also, votemuting ends on map change if I remember correctly.
Thret

by Nikki Wolf » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 am

From what I was told by Arte (kinda HURR DURR!, since he's my boyfriend XD), he was votemuted from talking about old consoles. I can't really comment much about the issue, as I wasn't there, but muting someone because they're talking about something you're not interested in seems rather harsh, especially if other people are on the same subject.

In regards of age limit, there is none, as others have pointed out. Just be mature and respect everyone, and you shouldn't have a problem getting admin. (speaking of, Arte has been wanting to apply, but he's forgot his password owo)
Nikki Wolf

by Newport » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:24 pm

that prolly wasn't me then, the only time i did like 10 people were rambling about politics.

"Ruler Zig Zag, Zig-Allah jam is fatal, Quick to stick my Wu-Tang sword right through ya navel"
"You can see the weakness of a man right through his iris, Un-loyal snakes get thrown in boilin lakes"
Newport

by Balubish » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Just gotta do something! !mute thread :o

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by cloud » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:35 pm

I like creed's idea about the moderators. I'm not on anywhere near often enough to be an admin, and I'll admit that myself, but I've been told by a few that if I apply I have their support, and in some cases their sponsorship. Being a moderator would be nice, because it seems that whenever I AM on, there's a douchey player and no admin in sight. I'm not saying this needs to be a thing, but it would be a good asshole deterrent.

And about the original question, I'll quote pirates of the carribean.

They're not really rules, they're more so guidelines than anything.
CSn's professional thread killer.
cloud
Donator
Hey look. It's that one guy.

by Fencerboy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:09 pm

and he's humble too
Fencerboy
Gold Admin
Last Surviving Goldmin

by CR33D » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Fencerboy wrote: he's

One does not simply use a pronoun with out a subject.

CR33D

by Beartato » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:49 am

Nikki Wolf wrote:From what I was told by Arte (kinda HURR DURR!, since he's my boyfriend XD), he was votemuted from talking about old consoles. I can't really comment much about the issue, as I wasn't there, but muting someone because they're talking about something you're not interested in seems rather harsh, especially if other people are on the same subject.

In regards of age limit, there is none, as others have pointed out. Just be mature and respect everyone, and you shouldn't have a problem getting admin. (speaking of, Arte has been wanting to apply, but he's forgot his password owo)

I was there when that happened. I'll also admit that I have initiated at least one vote mute on him in the past for, as Dunn called it, "useless banter."

There are two problems with the rambling:

1. He doesn't give others much of a chance to get a word in. He's not conversing, he's rambling on long tirades, denying others a chance to respond. In the case Dunn mentioned, I would say he was talking ~75% of the time despite there being a good 5 or so others who might have wanted to say something. The 25% of the time others got to speak were when they basically talked over him for five seconds, at which point he finally stopped. It was rude and annoying and his vote mute was rather deserved in my opinion (both because I voted for it and because the server passed it with few votes against).

2. His rambling could be very disruptive to people who want to try hard. He blocks out voice comm with his banter (which is still an issue when he shares that time with an accomplice) which takes away a valuable tool for tryharders. Local muting him isn't enough because that doesn't fix the fact that he'll be talking over you, preventing your team from hearing a call.

It should probably be a wake up call that he's been vote muted by the server at least three times with at least three different vote initiators. In my opinion, he really just needs to dial it back or find a way to make it so people have fun when he's tying up voice comm.
I got tired of looking at Drawed's face.
Beartato

Return to Intense Debate