Chick-Fil-A and Your Family

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Chick-Fil-A and Your Family

by Guy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:00 pm

Okie, I can understand folks love Chick-Fil-A, and I now know it is taboo on my part to say I love thier food too.

But, when it comes down to standing by your family or siding with a hate monger... my family decided to support them... and sent me tons of invites for the damn Appreciation Day, even taking pictures of them being there. They also voted up all kinds of the crap about they said about anti-gay marriage bullshit. It is infuriating to say the least, but can you expect from a bunch of backward rednecks... even if they are supposed to be your family.

/rage
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

Re: Chick-Fil-A and Your Family

by Nikki Wolf » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:14 pm

When I saw that Chick-fil-A was homophobic last month, I stopped eating there. I'm not going to give my money to people that are just hateful like that. I don't care that they're next door to where I play Yugioh at; I prefer driving down the road to get a bite to eat than even walk in there.
Nikki Wolf

by VoltySquirrel » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:15 pm

That's fucked up. Now I'm thinking about my dad, who said he'd disown me if I turned out gay. Goddamn, people suck.
VoltySquirrel

by Prof_Schwartz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:01 pm

I understand the issue, but....

1) Why/how does a fast food chain have any say on this? It has NOTHING to do with them!! and

2) Why is a fast food place affecting so many people? It's as if Obama said something terrible about it, that's how bad this has gotten to be.

I fully support gays and same-sex marriages, i swear. I have no issue or problem with ANY of that. The fact that a fast food chain is making THIS much of an impact on an issue that has NOTHING to do with them is what pisses me off. I for one have never eaten there.
Prof_Schwartz

by Guy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:21 pm

It isn't the fast food joint they are supporting, it is the homophobe prez.
If you listen to him, and see what he sends money supporting... he isn't a very nice person.

Those crazy, selective folks always throwing rocks from glass houses.

Also, trust me on this, I didn't choose to be gay. I wanna family, and I think I would have that pretty easy by now if I was hetero. I think it about it all the time really, but I just flip a switch and say... hey I am hetero and love pussy. Just doesn't work that way.

I can always go somewhere else, and I rather eat a salad anyway. (Don't take that outta context... LOL)
What do you mean syringes don't go there? I am the doctor here... they go where I say they go.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by Failhorse » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:49 am

Honestly. Put this into perspective. Sure their views are fucked up. But they are closed on Sundays and pay for their employees to go to college.
Anyone who owns a smart phone has done more damage to humanity than Chick-Fil-A will ever do.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by stanley » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:35 am

Failhorse wrote:Honestly. Put this into perspective. Sure their views are fucked up. But they are closed on Sundays and pay for their employees to go to college.
Anyone who owns a smart phone has done more damage to humanity than Chick-Fil-A will ever do.

the point is guys family isnt supporting him. that sucks guy

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by GoDM1N » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:29 am

Yea stopped eating there like a year ago, fuck chick full of shit
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Rologton » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:40 am

Never ate there to begin with, quite frankly I don't think there are too many of them in New York to begin with because I can't seem to remember the last time I saw one.

At that, I've been with an openly bisexual girl for almost 4 years and have numerous gay and lesbian friends. This is something that I can't support. I hear people saying that going to the restaurants won't change anything and it doesn't mean you oppose gay marriage and what not, but think of it like this: Where does this biggot get the money from that he uses to fund other biggots? From his crappy restaurants that other biggots now flock to.

Also, Guy, where do you live? You should come to New York. If you don't mind shitty taxes and an out of this world stupid state legislature, you can get married here. It's one of the few good things my state's done in the last decade or so. :D
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by xalde » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:20 am

Guy wrote:Also, trust me on this, I didn't choose to be gay. I wanna family, and I think I would have that pretty easy by now if I was hetero. I think it about it all the time really, but I just flip a switch and say... hey I am hetero and love pussy. Just doesn't work that way.

My life would be so much easier if that were true. I'd be married with kids by now, but nooooooo. So I settle for the crazy cat lady hermit life because I don't see that dream coming true anytime soon. Hopefully the amendment doesn't pass here so that I may at least keep a sliver of that dream alive

Chick-fil-a doesn't exist here in MN except for one at the U of MN which I already planned on boycotting. Be interesting to see how students handle it once the semester starts. We've also had issues with Target donating a large amount of money to the GOP campaign (who was for the amendment banning marriage equality) in the governor race a few years back, now I'm running out of places to go and shop :P
xalde
Donator

by Guy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:34 am

I feel your pain. I wanna settle down and have a husband. Kids are kinda iffy... but hell get to a solid point in life and able to support them don't see why not.
You can have biological kids now days thanks to science. The Kid will have 2 moms and two dads if you couple up with another gay couple... how can they lose? xD
Last edited by Guy on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by Rologton » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Once again, I know it may be tough, but there are states that have legal gay marriage. If anything, maybe it would be in your best interest to go there anyway to get away from people around you that don't support your life style.

And never think that you would be better off not being gay. You are your own person. Love it and be proud of it. Don't let others affect your happiness.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Saber » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Yeah, thing is, Guy lives in Texas. He's got a good host of problems he needs to attend to before considering leaving the state, or moving, if I'm guessing correctly.

Don't forget, we all love you. In the gay way.We'll always be 'ere.
<3
Saber

by Toeknee » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Luckly, Chick-Fil-A wont even open a restaurant where I live because it is "Sin City", so I was already aware of the closed mindedness of this company.
Toeknee
Blue Admin
I give Mustache Rides!

by FlamingOwlOfDeath » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Actually, the point of this is something that a lot of people seem to be missing. Dan Cathy has made some rather inappropriate (at least in my opinion) remarks, but the real problem isn't what he says or how he spends his money. The real issue is that Chick-fil-A has as a corporation donated significant sums of money to homophobic and hateful foundations. This point seems to have escaped the attention of many individuals, which is not surprising considering the inconsistent news coverage (see last nights NBC coverage for a perfect example).

Once again, as much as I may dislike Dan Cathy, what he has to say, and where he spends his money, at the end of the day that is purely his choice as a private citizen. However, I refuse to spend my money at a company that so directly funds homophobic organizations.
FlamingOwlOfDeath

by Spyder » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:40 am

Of course Americans have to bring food into the whole stupid debate.

What a country of fatties.
Image Image
Spyder

by LegendarySurgeon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:00 am

I've never eaten at Chick-Fil-A, but I assume they sell.... chicken?
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by Smeemo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Smeemo

by Vintage Cholent » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:48 am

I keep kosher so I would never get chik-fil-e. I have many gay friends, but they agree with me that an exec has the freedom to give his money to anyone he likes.

Some of us live in the united states, there is freedom of speech here. You can be a racist, xenophobic, homophobic, anti-semetic a-hole and still be legally allowed to spew your hate. However what the mayor of Chicago did, is unconstitutional. You have no right to curb a company that is bringing jobs to Chicago just because their ceo gives moneys to christian causes.

“That’s not a knife. That’s a knife.” -“Crocodile Dundee”
JG:You are on a table, surround by naked dudes. What do you do?
VC: Leave the apple store
Vintage Cholent

by Smeemo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Please post a link to this thing you say happened, Cholent. Surely a mayor wouldn't so egregiously overstep his bounds and ban a restaurant from establishing eateries within the city limits?
Smeemo

by Vintage Cholent » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Vintage Cholent

by Smeemo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Yep, looks like it. "Aldermanic privilege" = defer to the ward dictator's whim? Thanks for the link.
Smeemo

by Vintage Cholent » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Yup, still highly unconstitutional. And I don't give a shit what liberals think, this is not cool think of the jobs lost due to this bs.

Vintage Cholent

by VoltySquirrel » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:57 am

Vintage Cholent wrote:Yup, still highly unconstitutional. And I don't give a shit what liberals think, this is not cool think of the jobs lost due to this bs.

I actually agree with you. It's fine to say "I don't agree with your values.", but to say that "Our city doesn't agree with your values, so you can't run a business here anymore." is wrong on so many levels.
VoltySquirrel

by Maringue » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:57 am

Smeemo wrote:Yep, looks like it. "Aldermanic privilege" = defer to the ward dictator's whim? Thanks for the link.

Ahh Chicago politics. I don't know why the mayor opened his mouth about this though. They could have just done it the old fashioned way where shit doesn't get done without the Aldermans approval because he won't let them get a zoning permit or a concrete subcontractor or ect, ect.

But all that aside, it comes down to this: this douchebag can say whatever he wants and he's allowed to, but I can spend my money where ever I want and not give him any of it.

When he complains that his freedom of speech is being infringed upon, I think he's confusing free speech with speech free of consequences.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Guy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:49 am

You should see what they do to gay folks in rural areas of texas and other areas down here in the deep south.

You have a chance to die everytime you leave the house in some areas.

Fuck Chick-fil-A for promoting more hate.
Guy
Donator
Herr Doktor

by Vintage Cholent » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Like I said, I think the hate is uncalled for. However know this, chick-fil-e still employs many people who disagree with the homophobic rhetoric that their CEO contributes to. Causing the company to lose jobs just because their CEO donates to christians is un constitutional like I said before.

Vintage Cholent

by Maringue » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:24 am

Vintage Cholent wrote:Like I said, I think the hate is uncalled for. However know this, chick-fil-e still employs many people who disagree with the homophobic rhetoric that their CEO contributes to. Causing the company to lose jobs just because their CEO donates to christians is un constitutional like I said before.

If I cause them to lose jobs because I refuse to give them my money, that's totally Constitutional.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by VoltySquirrel » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Maringue wrote:
Vintage Cholent wrote:Like I said, I think the hate is uncalled for. However know this, chick-fil-e still employs many people who disagree with the homophobic rhetoric that their CEO contributes to. Causing the company to lose jobs just because their CEO donates to christians is un constitutional like I said before.

If I cause them to lose jobs because I refuse to give them my money, that's totally Constitutional.

That is. However, blocking their business entirely in a city like Chicago totally isn't.
VoltySquirrel

by Saber » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:29 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:
Maringue wrote:

That is. However, blocking their business entirely in a city like Chicago totally isn't.

Nobody was saying it was.
Saber

by Maringue » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:31 pm

VoltySquirrel wrote:However, blocking their business entirely in a city like Chicago totally isn't.

I agree, but if I were a manager of a Chic-fil-a restaurant in Chicago, I'd have all my permits, licenses, and paper work in order (and on hand) at all times. That shit is going to get checked up on a lot. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the health inspector visits them every single month.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by GoDM1N » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:23 pm

GoDM1N
Donator

by GoDM1N » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:18 pm

GoDM1N
Donator