Blue admin trial so far

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Blue admin trial so far

by Touchy » Fri May 25, 2012 9:47 am

Well it has been a few weeks since I have been a trial admin. I have had a lot of people ask me how they can become an admin, and how difficult is it. So I figured I would give a little update on the progress so far. The first one is simple. Anyone can apply for admin under the forums.That being said I have a whole new appreciation for the amount of responsibility that goes into being an admin. I want to thank the other admins for helping me along the way. I also want to thank the regulars that have been on the servers when I have had to enforce the rules for sticking up for the community and its rules. It is amazing the few rules we have, and that people can not just play and have a good time. I admit I am new to online gaming and cannot understand the amount of people who want to use certain words that are not tolerated on the crit servers. The hardest thing I have encountered was while enforcing the rules everybody else on the server feels the need to voice their opinion and want to debate racism and bigotry. I had this happen last night and thank god the regulars cared enough to voice their opinions and stick up for the admin (me), rules, and community that they care for and respect. Special thanks to Cheese and Medkitz for helping calm the situation that was escalating very fast. I do not know if I will make full admin or not but either way I enjoy playing here and have met some great people that I look forward to seeing on the server everyday.
Last edited by Touchy on Fri May 25, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Touchy

Re: Blue admin trial so far

by medkitz » Fri May 25, 2012 10:47 am

np anything to help. btw my name is with a z lol
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by Maringue » Fri May 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Touchy, when dealing with people after you have warned them about something like language, just remember one of our more important rules:

Listen to the admins

If people want to give you grief about something after you've politely reminded them of our rules, that's against the rules so feel free to deal with them as seems appropriate for the situation.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Touchy » Fri May 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Thank you Maringue for the advice. It was crazy how fast the server turned on me.
Touchy

Return to Intense Debate