Schizorphrenia

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Schizorphrenia

by duck » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 pm

so. a woman somewere in the US had schizorphrenia, she heard voices from "The Lord" that told her to kill all of her children so they can be "rescued" from the terrible place that earth is. so she drowned them all in her bathtub, they were ages 7,5,3,2 and 6 months. she was arrest on 5 counts of first degree murder. is it really her fault though? she has a serious mental illness.

question: should she be put to jail for the rest of her life or be set free

DEBATE!
duck

Re: Schizorphrenia

by Saber » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:01 pm

First of all, it's "schizophrenia," not "schizorphrenia."
Secondly, lady's psychotic. Who knows that she won't do something else absolutely insane again? She definitely needs help, but I don't believe it was her fault for doing something so horrible. That's how I feel, at least.
Saber

by Techercizer » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Well the *supposed* point of criminal institutions is to separate the potentially dangerous and unstable elements of our society from those who do not act as such, so I don't think setting her free is in any way in order. Incarceration in a psychiatric institution is the least that should happen, with further actions being decided over the years as her condition improves (or fails to).
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

by meh » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Sounds like Binding of Isaac to me.
meh

by megamoose » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Rehabilitation... My suggestion for her for the future. Also, take more schizo-whatever drugs for it to control it.
megamoose
Donator

by Cash » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:39 pm

The most obvious solution to me is to institutionalize her. With a mental condition that bad, there is no reason she should be allowed to live without constant supervision. At least not unless she can be cured while in a psychiatric institute
This is a signature. Thank you for your time.
Cash

by keeganzero » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:20 am

Are most murders sick in some sense? Just to what degree the sickness is.
No excuses, by no circumstance should she be free. Shouldn't be in jail, but somewhere where she can be monitored 24/7.
keeganzero
Donator
Facestab

by Rologton » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:27 pm

The fact is, she killed children and is dangerous. Whether she's institutionalized or stuck in prison all her life, she needs to be taken out of society.
I play Scout and Medic a lot.

ImageImage

CRITS MAKE ME SKILLED.
#PCgamingmasterrace
Rologton

by Spyder » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Rologton wrote:The fact is, she killed children and is dangerous. Whether she's institutionalized or stuck in prison all her life, she needs to be taken out of society.

I agree.

It seems that insanity/psychological problems are used as a crutch ad nauseum in court most of the time.
Image Image
Spyder

by keeganzero » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 am

Spyder wrote:
Rologton wrote:The fact is, she killed children and is dangerous. Whether she's institutionalized or stuck in prison all her life, she needs to be taken out of society.

I agree.

It seems that insanity/psychological problems are used as a crutch ad nauseum in court most of the time.

Reminds me of the Futurama episode where the Hyper-Chicken lawyer tells Fry and Bender to just plead insanity when they have no more case.
keeganzero
Donator
Facestab

Return to Intense Debate