SOPA

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

SOPA

by Knees of Justice » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:51 pm

What's everyone's opinion on this?

http://americancensorship.org/
MY SWORD HAND TWITCHES...
Knees of Justice
Pink Admin
Hey there

Re: SOPA

by Spyder » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Piracy is one thing.

Censorship is another.

It seems they're having a tough time differentiating between Theft and Fair Use.
Image Image
Spyder

by mrpikmin2 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:30 pm

completely 100% opposed to it. Making proxies illegal + seizing domains is crazy shit.
mrpikmin2

by Ackybur » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:41 pm

It's completely retarded. This is coming from someone who doesn't pirate.. It's a mistake.
Ackybur
Donator

by Echoplex » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:22 pm

I watched a good deal of the markup hearing. The people behind this have no idea what it's doing or how the internet works. The ones that aren't reading talking points off of a clipboard needed car analogies and other odd oversimplifications to understand. I'm afraid that we are fucked

Remember guys, we have to keep all of our "independent authors and musicians" from having their first work stolen by rogue actors. Fuck congress

All stock errythang
Echoplex

by Vivi Hill » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:15 am

Bit of an old thread, but I was watching 'em too. They'll be starting up again soon. I'm subbed to http://sopa.reddit.com/ for info about what's going on. I'm glad the GoDaddy deal went so badly for them--speaking of which, critsandvich.com itself is a GoDaddy domain, and I plan to switch over to someone else when I have more free time.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by keeganzero » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:11 am

Old or not, unfortunately it's still an issue. I'm hoping that the January 18th hearings will finally shed some light on how terrible SOPA can be for many internet services and free speech in general.
Also, moving domains is a really easy process. I had a domain registered under GoDaddy as well, though it was only a personal blog of mine, I still felt like I stuck it to them.
keeganzero
Donator
Facestab

Return to Intense Debate