Strong

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Strong

by Mr.Rager » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:03 pm

200,000+ dislikes on youtube in 2 days...What do you guys think about it?
Mr.Rager
http://tf2b.com/?id=MrRag3r <--- Check it out!
Mr.Rager

Re: Strong

by Saber » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Man, you don't even credit me with showing you this first.
It's a joke. Total joke. But the sad thing is it's not a joke.
Saber

by Mr.Rager » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Saber wrote:Man, you don't even credit me with showing you this first.
It's a joke. Total joke. But the sad thing is it's not a joke.

I totally forgot you showed me this! Haha, but yeah creds to Saber for finding this.
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Chocolate Love God » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:31 pm

Yeah, I just saw this on my Facebook. And I found a pretty awesome response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbrI3F7p ... ture=g-all
Chocolate Love God
Donator
Dont be open minded your brains will fall out

by Wakka » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Chocolate Love God wrote:Yeah, I just saw this on my Facebook. And I found a pretty awesome response.

fantastic
Wakka

by Mr.Rager » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:11 pm

What is up with all my posts O_O
Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Maringue » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Mr.Rager wrote:What is up with all my posts O_O

Fixed.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Mr.Rager » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Maringue wrote:
Mr.Rager wrote:What is up with all my posts O_O

Fixed.

Mr.Rager
Mr.Rager

by Prof_Schwartz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Obama doesn't have a war on religion wtf is this imbecile talking about? He made hell of a lot more sense in his Bad Lip Reading video than this. I'm sorry but most Republicans disgust me. I'm allowed to say that, right? This IS intense debate, voicing opinions ( or maybe facts..... :? ) is okay i believe?
Prof_Schwartz

by mrpikmin2 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:34 am

Prof_Schwartz wrote:Obama doesn't have a war on religion wtf is this imbecile talking about? He made hell of a lot more sense in his Bad Lip Reading video than this. I'm sorry but most Republicans disgust me. I'm allowed to say that, right? This IS intense debate, voicing opinions ( or maybe facts..... :? ) is okay i believe?

I honestly hope you realize most republicans don't support Rick Perry.
mrpikmin2

by Spyder » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:14 am

Saying that Rick Perry is an imbecile is like saying that water is wet.
Image Image
Spyder

by stanley » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:04 am

Spyder wrote:Saying that Rick Perry is an imbecile is like saying that water is wet.

those were my thoughts while reading all these comments

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by Vetos » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:50 am

Prof_Schwartz wrote:Obama doesn't have a war on religion wtf is this imbecile talking about? He made hell of a lot more sense in his Bad Lip Reading video than this. I'm sorry but most Republicans disgust me. I'm allowed to say that, right? This IS intense debate, voicing opinions ( or maybe facts..... :? ) is okay i believe?

The Bible Belt has this thing where it likes to pretend they are being prosecuted for their faith when their own ideologically-fueled interests aren't specifically catered to. It's kinda cute how they can run around screaming about gay marriage and abortion being atrocities, but make one attempt to make amends with the Muslim world and suddenly you are oppressive and discriminant.
Vetos

by Prof_Schwartz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:10 am

mrpikmin2 wrote:I honestly hope you realize most republicans don't support Rick Perry.

Good cause no one should!
Prof_Schwartz

by Necro Wes » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Chocolate Love God wrote:Yeah, I just saw this on my Facebook. And I found a pretty awesome response.

Beautiful
Necro Wes
Donator
Friendly neighborhood zombie

by Spyder » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Vetos wrote:

The Bible Belt has this thing where it likes to pretend they are being prosecuted for their faith when their own ideologically-fueled interests aren't specifically catered to. It's kinda cute how they can run around screaming about gay marriage and abortion being atrocities, but make one attempt to make amends with the Muslim world and suddenly you are oppressive and discriminant.

Disregard that, like, 80-85% of the country is Christian. We're persecuted, dammit!
Image Image
Spyder

by Chocolate Love God » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:44 am

What sucks is that I'm in Iowa, and I see this AD a lot. The caucus is on Jan. 3rd, and if I know my state as well as I think I do, I think Ron Paul will take the poll here. I can guarantee that Perry won't be getting it, I haven't spoken to a single person that didn't think that it was a bad idea.
Chocolate Love God
Donator

by Repoman » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Im in the military and we still make fun of gay people and call each other faggots and whatnot just like most people do. The whole thing that allows gays to serve has honestly done nothing but cause issues because the government allowed them to serve openly without letting us change the UCMJ, so we have no rules or benefits in regards to them serving. So now we have them sue-ing the military that they are not getting the same financial benefits as normally married couples. All it was, was a gigantic political move to appease a minority, claiming the military supports it, which it doesn't, we cant say anything because you know, we are in the military. I can tell you right now that no one in my line of work supports it, and all it has done is cause chaos in our workforce because its upped the whining from the like what? ONE person that's gay on the entire base? Do we have to make amends for that one person? This is the United States Air Force dammit.

And as much as people wont admit it, Perry is right when he is hinting to religious discrimination. We make amends and do whatever Muslims want ,but Christians are smacked in the faces nowadays. I can say right now, being a Christian myself, I'm honestly scared of doing anything in public or at work that even hints me being a christian because of all the hate for my religious group. Its amazing how much this country as changed in the last 20 years, from being very supportive of a christian idea, to now being absolutely hateful of it.
But I dont support Perry, he reminds me of a Fascist.
Repoman

by stanley » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Repoman wrote: Its amazing how much this country as changed in the last 20 years, from being very supportive of a christian idea, to now being absolutely hateful of it.

This is a joke right?

stanley

by Chocolate Love God » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:24 pm

Repoman wrote:Im in the military and we still make fun of gay people and call each other faggots and whatnot just like most people do. The whole thing that allows gays to serve has honestly done nothing but cause issues because the government allowed them to serve openly without letting us change the UCMJ, so we have no rules or benefits in regards to them serving. So now we have them sue-ing the military that they are not getting the same financial benefits as normally married couples. All it was, was a gigantic political move to appease a minority, claiming the military supports it, which it doesn't, we cant say anything because you know, we are in the military. I can tell you right now that no one in my line of work supports it, and all it has done is cause chaos in our workforce because its upped the whining from the like what? ONE person that's gay on the entire base? Do we have to make amends for that one person? This is the United States Air Force dammit.

And as much as people wont admit it, Perry is right when he is hinting to religious discrimination. We make amends and do whatever Muslims want ,but Christians are smacked in the faces nowadays. I can say right now, being a Christian myself, I'm honestly scared of doing anything in public or at work that even hints me being a christian because of all the hate for my religious group. Its amazing how much this country as changed in the last 20 years, from being very supportive of a christian idea, to now being absolutely hateful of it.

Well howdy, Army guard grunt here, going on 3 years. We have a few gays/lesbians in my unit. Do we care? No. Did that bother us that we were going to be deploying with them? No. Should any self-respecting NCO treat their soldiers differently? HELL NO. And the reason they are "Sue-ing the military" is because they want the same rights. And if they are going to humping rucks and carrying a rifle with me, doing the exact same thing, they deserve the exact same thing.

And that minority is having their civil rights violated because of the U.S not being able to separate church and state. And you can say really whatever you please about it, you just did. But the reason they encourage you to shut up is because on average people come off as idiots, say the wrong things, and make them look bad... like making the USAF seem like it's full of Bigots.

And cause chaos in the workforce? Are you fucking kidding me? I've talked to my unit's EO rep about how he felt on it, and really the change was negligible, and even before DADT homosexuality wasn't a large issue. Male on female(or female on male) harassment is still a FAR bigger problem.

And as for religion, COME ON, how are you scared of doing anything in public or at work in relations to being of faith, you're in the military. White christian males are by FAR the majority.There's far more hate going against non believers and non Christians then there is for them. Being a straight white christian male gets you FAR from being persecuted.

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2009/09/19/re ... -minority/

And really, the movement in the past 20 years hasn't been from loving to hating the christian idea, it's just been letting other ideas exist.
Chocolate Love God
Donator

by Vetos » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Repoman wrote:Im in the military and we still make fun of gay people and call each other faggots and whatnot just like most people do. The whole thing that allows gays to serve has honestly done nothing but cause issues because the government allowed them to serve openly without letting us change the UCMJ, so we have no rules or benefits in regards to them serving. So now we have them sue-ing the military that they are not getting the same financial benefits as normally married couples. All it was, was a gigantic political move to appease a minority, claiming the military supports it, which it doesn't, we cant say anything because you know, we are in the military. I can tell you right now that no one in my line of work supports it, and all it has done is cause chaos in our workforce because its upped the whining from the like what? ONE person that's gay on the entire base? Do we have to make amends for that one person? This is the United States Air Force dammit.

I sincerely hope you're joking Repo. :(
Vetos

by Repoman » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Not joking at all Vetos, Im true to what I say.
I dont like the homosexual agenda, I dont like liberals, and Im extremely religious. But I will always respect everyone's views and be open minded as possible.
Repoman

by Vetos » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:11 am

What exactly is the homosexual agenda? I wasn't aware we had one, other than being equal in the eyes of the law. I mean, dudes in the military can talk about their girls back home freely, and (afaik) prior to DADT's repeal, if a gay dude had mentioned his boy back home, he'd be sent home. Now it's not like that. Why is this a bad thing?

Also, I'm a Christian too. And I can't recall the last time I felt uncomfortable discussing my faith with anyone, anywhere. There's no reason to be ashamed of faith. The only time I do feel ashamed of my faith is when idiots like Rick Perry pull stunts like this that only serve to tarnish the idea of Christianity. As well as fueling anti-religious groups arguments that all religious people are prejudiced, ignorant, what-have-you. And a sad truth is, thanks to the coupling of religion and politics by both parties, it is becoming more and more truthful. Secularism is not a bad thing. Secularism is not an attack on your or my beliefs. Secularism is what this country was founded upon. I feel like I have a pretty good relationship with God, but who the hell am I to force my entire belief system on someone else? This goes for religious and non-religious alike.
Vetos

by stanley » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:30 am

Vetos wrote:What exactly is the homosexual agenda? I wasn't aware we had one, other than being equal in the eyes of the law. I mean, dudes in the military can talk about their girls back home freely, and (afaik) prior to DADT's repeal, if a gay dude had mentioned his boy back home, he'd be sent home. Now it's not like that. Why is this a bad thing?

Also, I'm a Christian too. And I can't recall the last time I felt uncomfortable discussing my faith with anyone, anywhere. There's no reason to be ashamed of faith. The only time I do feel ashamed of my faith is when idiots like Rick Perry pull stunts like this that only serve to tarnish the idea of Christianity. As well as fueling anti-religious groups arguments that all religious people are prejudiced, ignorant, what-have-you. And a sad truth is, thanks to the coupling of religion and politics by both parties, it is becoming more and more truthful. Secularism is not a bad thing. Secularism is not an attack on your or my beliefs. Secularism is what this country was founded upon. I feel like I have a pretty good relationship with God, but who the hell am I to force my entire belief system on someone else? This goes for religious and non-religious alike.

+1

stanley

by Ackybur » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:13 am

Fuckin Herman Cain... Why'd you have to diddle all those lady bits, I liked you buddy...
Ackybur
Donator

by Chocolate Love God » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:11 am

Vetos wrote:What exactly is the homosexual agenda? I wasn't aware we had one, other than being equal in the eyes of the law. I mean, dudes in the military can talk about their girls back home freely, and (afaik) prior to DADT's repeal, if a gay dude had mentioned his boy back home, he'd be sent home. Now it's not like that. Why is this a bad thing?

Going back to my post on the end of page 3, of all the DADT briefings we've had since the revoke most of it has just been on how to STFU and deal with it. Complaining about it can get you into some trouble from your line leader, if not first sgt or even commander. But for the most part the change was hardly even noticeable and the extent of it outside of briefings was "It's a job. You can't control who you work with, and it's not your problem what they are."

And currently in America, if you had two candidates with the same ideals, same morals, but one is christian and one is Atheist, who do you think would win an election? Let's take a smaller more realistic scenario. Would you tell your inlaws if you were christian? What if you were atheist? Would you lie if they asked? I've had to. They've actually told my Fiance that if she wasn't going to wed a man of faith they would either pull her tuition or disown her. Looking back on the link in my previous post, this situation doesn't seem to be uncommon.

Which makes Perry's AD all the more confusing, since the "war" seems to be the other way around, and at a more social level.
Chocolate Love God
Donator

by Necro Wes » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:24 am

stanley the manley wrote:

+1
Necro Wes
Donator
Friendly neighborhood zombie

by Wakka » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:26 am

yeah, as someone who regularly has to lie about my religious beliefs and sexual orientation to avoid taking shit, this is kind of irritating; not to say the persecution can't go the other way, but that's really the exception rather than the rule.

also vetos and chocolate love god have wonderful things to say
Wakka

by duck » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:46 pm

i think that in the military, it should be a don't ask don't tell kinda thing, who cares about your sexual orientation, if you love your country and choose to fight to the death for it, it shouldn't matter.

im atheist, but my family does celebrate christmas. it does bother me that religous people can't practice their beleifs werever they want, this country was founded on the freedom of religion. it also bothers me that it is "un ethical" to say christmas anymore, who gives a shit? our teachers at my school are forced to say "holiday break" so they won't offended anyone.
duck

by Heimlich » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:30 pm

duck wrote:i think that in the military, it should be a don't ask don't tell kinda thing, who cares about your sexual orientation, if you love your country and choose to fight to the death for it, it shouldn't matter.

Under the old Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy, your sexual orientation did matter, under the current policy (following the repeal of DADT) it does not matter.

Previously, if you said the wrong thing, you could lose your job; and the "wrong thing" to say was that you loved somebody of the non-approved gender.

Under the current policy homosexual and heterosexual service members are treated equally in that regard. Homosexual service members are still treated unequally in other regards (principally with respect to benefits for same-sex spouses).
Heimlich
Donator

by Techercizer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Speaking of Perry...

I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

by mrpikmin2 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:54 pm

edit: un TL:DRed it.

Last edited by mrpikmin2 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mrpikmin2

by Maringue » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:33 pm

Here's a few points to clarify.

1)Christians and any religion can practice their beliefs ANYWHERE they choose. The government cannot. It's in the Constitution: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". That means that the government cannot support Christianity because it is not allowed to project the idea that any religion is the religion of the government. At all.

2)You want to know why some people do look down on Christians? It's because over the last 30 years they have got progressively dumber people to be their public face. Also, they've gotten progressively further away from true Christian values. You know, shit like "love thy neighbor". When the average person turns on the TV, all they see and hear are Christians hating things. Some asshole (Tony Perkins: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/06/my-take-jesus-was-a-free-marketer-not-an-occupier/?iref=allsearch) tried to say that Jesus was a capitalist and in favor of the free market.

Anyway, most evangelicals are dumb as rocks rednecks who don't even know the basics about their own religion that they claim to adhere to so strongly. I got into a debate with a girl about gay marriage. Our group of friends was discussing the implications of the Bible text, ect. When someone commented that these passages might have the influence of their writers, she responded, "Sorry, Jesus wrote the Bible, so it's directly passed down from God."

I looked at her and said, "I'm sorry, you're too stupid to be in this conversation." Yeah, everyone gasped a bit, but they all fucking new I was right and stopped responding to her idiocy.

Most "Christians" don't know the facts about their own religion. Things like the fact that the 4 gospels are a) not written in chronological order, or b) were in fact written hundreds of years apart. My second biggest beef is that most Christians treat the Bible like a fucking buffet, they can take what they want and leave the rest behind. They cling so strongly to the single passage that, after many translations, says something that might be construed as taking a stance against gay people, but they don't pay any attention to all the other stuff that's in the Old Testament. They only bring that up because it jives with their current bigoted views.

No, the worst thing to happen to Christianity is the sloth and stupidity of its followers. There are sooooooooooo many good Christians who try to help other, less fortunate people in this world and don't feel the need to hate anyone, but they don't get any press.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Largo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Maringue wrote:
Anyway, most evangelicals are dumb as rocks rednecks who don't even know the basics about their own religion that they claim to adhere to so strongly. I got into a debate with a girl about gay marriage. Our group of friends was discussing the implications of the Bible text, ect. When someone commented that these passages might have the influence of their writers, she responded, "Sorry, Jesus wrote the Bible, so it's directly passed down from God."

I looked at her and said, "I'm sorry, you're too stupid to be in this conversation." Yeah, everyone gasped a bit, but they all fucking new I was right and stopped responding to her idiocy.

Most "Christians" don't know the facts about their own religion. Things like the fact that the 4 gospels are a) not written in chronological order, or b) were in fact written hundreds of years apart. My second biggest beef is that most Christians treat the Bible like a fucking buffet, they can take what they want and leave the rest behind. They cling so strongly to the single passage that, after many translations, says something that might be construed as taking a stance against gay people, but they don't pay any attention to all the other stuff that's in the Old Testament. They only bring that up because it jives with their current bigoted views.

:lol:

Nice story, and hey there. To me, what's so funny about that girl is what she said is closer to what happened with the Quran as opposed to the Bible, but if you told her that, she'd probably utterly flip.
Largo
Donator
I am the First and the Last

by stanley » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:47 pm

duck wrote:i think that in the military, it should be a don't ask don't tell kinda thing, who cares about your sexual orientation, if you love your country and choose to fight to the death for it, it shouldn't matter.

im atheist, but my family does celebrate christmas. it does bother me that religous people can't practice their beleifs werever they want, this country was founded on the freedom of religion. it also bothers me that it is "un ethical" to say christmas anymore, who gives a shit? our teachers at my school are forced to say "holiday break" so they won't offended anyone.

uhh first off, no one said is was unethical to say Christmas...literally, i have never heard that in my life....
second, it's a holiday break because some people dont celebrate christmas, and "christmas break" doesnt apply to everyone

stanley

by Vetos » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:16 pm

EL OH EL
Vetos

by Ackybur » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:48 pm

uhh first off, no one said is was unethical to say Christmas...literally, i have never heard that in my life....
second, it's a holiday break because some people dont celebrate christmas, and "christmas break" doesnt apply to everyone

Well it doesn't say much that your atheist and celebrate christmas. You're not celebrating it, you're getting cool stuff in shiny packages. I highly doubt you attend church this one day and take a moment to remember what Christ did for/us (sorry my mormon is showing). You are celebrating Consumeristmas not CHRISTmas.
Ackybur
Donator

by Vetos » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:56 pm

So atheists can't participate in the gift-giving tradition? That's a bit silly.

Also I never go to church. Does this mean I can't celebrate Christmas either?
Vetos

by Techercizer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:02 pm

Ackybur wrote:Well it doesn't say much that your atheist and celebrate christmas. You're not celebrating it, you're getting cool stuff in shiny packages. I highly doubt you attend church this one day and take a moment to remember what Christ did for/us (sorry my mormon is showing). You are celebrating Consumeristmas not CHRISTmas.

I'm an Atheist, and I celebrate Christmas. I like the cold, so I pray tribute to the winter months by performing the modernization of the original pagan winter solstice ritual, which is what Christmas is.

Any Christians (or people of any faith, I don't discriminate) who think Christmas actually celebrates an important event in the Christan religion need to seriously read up what it's supposedly about. Christmas is just a re-branding of traditional winter holidays that occurred after Christians slaughtered and outlawed the local pagans of their region, put in place so that people could transition into their religion easier, and because the cold is awesome and celebrating it was an amazing idea.

I'd love to hear from Acky why my supposed choice in deity (or in this case, lack thereof) prevents me from erecting a phallic monument to my simultaneous dominance and coexistence with nature and giving freely to those I care about.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

by LegendarySurgeon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:05 pm

Vetos wrote:So atheists can't participate in the gift-giving tradition? That's a bit silly.

Also I never go to church. Does this mean I can't celebrate Christmas either?

It just means you're not celebrating Christmas, you're celebrating Saturnalia and the Winter Solstice, commonly and grandly celebrated holidays in the Roman empire that predated and inspired the celebration of Christmas as it now exists. The combination of the existing holidays with a specific religious implication was a powerful evangelical tool and the only reason Christmas is celebrated in December instead of in, for instance, May.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by LegendarySurgeon » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:06 pm

Techercizer wrote:
Ackybur wrote:Well it doesn't say much that your atheist and celebrate christmas. You're not celebrating it, you're getting cool stuff in shiny packages. I highly doubt you attend church this one day and take a moment to remember what Christ did for/us (sorry my mormon is showing). You are celebrating Consumeristmas not CHRISTmas.

I'm an Atheist, and I celebrate Christmas. I like the cold, so I pray tribute to the winter months by performing the modernization of the original pagan winter solstice ritual, which is what Christmas is.

Any Christians (or people of any faith, I don't discriminate) who think Christmas actually celebrates an important event in the Christan religion need to seriously read up what it's supposedly about. Christmas is just a re-branding of traditional winter holidays that occurred after Christians slaughtered and outlawed the local pagans of their region, put in place so that people could transition into their religion easier, and because the cold is awesome and celebrating it was an amazing idea.

I'd love to hear from Acky why my supposed choice in deity (or in this case, lack thereof) prevents me from erecting a phallic monument to my simultaneous dominance and coexistence with nature and giving freely to those I care about.

You ninja'd me.

Io, Saturnalia!
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by Ackybur » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:23 pm

I will explain my thoughts tomorrow when I am no longer on an iPad. This thing sucks to type on
Ackybur
Donator

by mrpikmin2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:29 am

as an atheist, I have no problem with christmas, as it's modern form has no real religious affiliation for a large portion of the population. The only reason I support happy holidays over merry christmas is for people with non-christian religions.
mrpikmin2

by Spyder » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:46 am

Image Image
Spyder

by Chocolate Love God » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:55 am

In addition to dec 25th originally being a roman holiday that was made roughly 50 years before christ, and said roman holiday is where the traditions and ect came from, people expect me to get them stuff. "Sorry but i'm an atheist" is a dick response and i'd rather bring cheer than be a dick.
Chocolate Love God
Donator

by Maringue » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:41 am

Ackybur wrote:

Well it doesn't say much that your atheist and celebrate christmas. You're not celebrating it, you're getting cool stuff in shiny packages. I highly doubt you attend church this one day and take a moment to remember what Christ did for/us (sorry my mormon is showing). You are celebrating Consumeristmas not CHRISTmas.

Historians have calculated that Jesus was born in July. Especially since herders in the west bank don't have their sheep out there in the winter time.

Christmas, as stated before, is a co-oped pagan holiday. German hoards we some tough bastards to convert, so when they couldn't beat them, they joined them and made their holiday overlap with the pagan one to ease the process of conversion.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by duck » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:06 pm

well thats what you hear in your life, at work i, and my coworkers, are incouraged not to say christmas as it may offend people, but i say merry christmas anyway, sometimes i get very bad looks from customers, therefore people do care.
duck

by Techercizer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:31 pm

duck wrote:well thats what you hear in your life, at work i, and my coworkers, are incouraged not to say christmas as it may offend people, but i say merry christmas anyway, sometimes i get very bad looks from customers, therefore people do care.

There's a huge difference between something being frowned upon at work or in official practice, and it being against the code of ethics. The difference is about as big as the gap between cursing in public and dissecting people while they're still alive.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

by mrpikmin2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:04 pm

duck wrote:

well thats what you hear in your life, at work i, and my coworkers, are incouraged not to say christmas as it may offend people, but i say merry christmas anyway, sometimes i get very bad looks from customers, therefore people do care.

In a business, the goal is to make MONEY, it has nothing to do with government policies, it is a way to ensure profit by not turning off any customers. Reducing profits instead of changing your vocabulary makes no sense.

bonus clips: http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episod ... jonah-hill
Last edited by mrpikmin2 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrpikmin2

by stanley » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:09 pm

duck wrote:well thats what you hear in your life, at work i, and my coworkers, are incouraged not to say christmas as it may offend people, but i say merry christmas anyway, sometimes i get very bad looks from customers, therefore people do care.

that doesnt mean it unethical. and i doubt your incouraged not say christmas, youre probably TOLD not to say christmas. but not because it offends people, no one should get offended by a religion, and if they do, thats their problem. you dont say christmas because not everyone celebrates it as i previously stated.

stanley

Return to Intense Debate