OWS photog shot by police for walking.

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

OWS photog shot by police for walking.

by Failhorse » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:26 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0pX9LeE-g8

Someone try to explain this one. Person wasn't in a restricted area. They weren't clearing anyone out. Nothing.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: OWS photog shot by police for walking.

by HibiscusKazeneko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:24 am

Kent State 2.0, my friend.
I told you it was going to happen.
HibiscusKazeneko

by megamoose » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Maybe he was already told to get out, but he didn't...
megamoose
Donator

by Repoman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:38 am

Alot of things could have been going on, maybe he was provoking the cops? Gestures?

The problem with this video is that we cant see what the person is actually doing.
Repoman

by Failhorse » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:35 am

To both of you. This is the USA not a police state. If he was provoking him. He was never arrested. If he did something illegal he would have been arrested. The Police are given weapons and training as apart of a social contract. They're suppose to show restraint.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Techercizer » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Failhorse wrote:The Police are given weapons and training as apart of a social contract. They're suppose to show restraint.

Err, no. The police are given authority and legitimacy by the government under the social contract, but they're given weapons and training as part of departmental policy and law enforcement legislation.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

by BoB Dolen » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Well cops get away with murder pretty well, so don't see why this would be a issue for them.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator
*** 2 Word Rage Inducer ***

by Repoman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:11 pm

BoB Dolen wrote:Well cops get away with murder pretty well, so don't see why this would be a issue for them.

This annoys me when people say this.
My father is a police officer and thank goodness he works in a quiet area. People are nuts, and cops kill people when they are in danger of losing their own life.
I know personally the crap police go through, seeing all the stuff that went on in Lakewood, WA.
My father lost good friends in the force because some maniac released out of jail, (he was in for shooting at cops and other crimes), decided to do the same thing and killed police at a coffee shop that was widely used.

You know who gets away with murder? Its not the police.

After he killed all those cops, who some had family, they hunted his ass down and killed him when they found him.
The news told it differently, but Im sure those Policeman didnt want him to go through the same broken judicial system.
Repoman

by stanley » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:17 pm

cops should only use their weapon in defense, this wasnt ok...

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by BoB Dolen » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Repoman wrote:
BoB Dolen wrote:Well cops get away with murder pretty well, so don't see why this would be a issue for them.

This annoys me when people say this.
My father is a police officer and thank goodness he works in a quiet area. People are nuts, and cops kill people when they are in danger of losing their own life.
I know personally the crap police go through, seeing all the stuff that went on in Lakewood, WA.
My father lost good friends in the force because some maniac released out of jail, (he was in for shooting at cops and other crimes), decided to do the same thing and killed police at a coffee shop that was widely used.

You know who gets away with murder? Its not the police.

After he killed all those cops, who some had family, they hunted his ass down and killed him when they found him.
The news told it differently, but Im sure those Policeman didnt want him to go through the same broken judicial system.

Wonder where I said all police are bad.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator
*** 2 Word Rage Inducer ***

by Failhorse » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:23 am

As i said. The police are suppose to follow a social contract. They are given rights above the average citizen. With that, they are suppose to show restraint and protect the general welfare.

Just like in everything. There are bad eggs.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by HibiscusKazeneko » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:44 am

Failhorse wrote:As i said. The police are suppose to follow a social contract. They are given rights above the average citizen. With that, they are suppose to show restraint and protect the general welfare.

The problem is this is one in a chain of recent events involving violence and unjustified force used against protestors across the country. I wonder if they've received some kind of directive from the federal government telling them to crack down...
HibiscusKazeneko

by Maringue » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:07 am

HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
Failhorse wrote:As i said. The police are suppose to follow a social contract. They are given rights above the average citizen. With that, they are suppose to show restraint and protect the general welfare.

The problem is this is one in a chain of recent events involving violence and unjustified force used against protestors across the country. I wonder if they've received some kind of directive from the federal government telling them to crack down...

Do you really think our government is that organized?
Maringue
Blue Admin

Return to Intense Debate