Penn State Scandal

A place for serious conversation. Follow the rules!

Penn State Scandal

by duck » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:57 pm

i don't know how much you guys follow sports (i follow almost all sports) but at Penn State, a defensive football coach, jerry sandusky, a well trusted coach along side Joe Paterno (he's the long time head coach for Penn state), has been charged with sexually abusing 8 children. this happened between the years 1990 and 2009 (he retired in 1999).
this is just terrible that a trusted member of society can commit such a terrible crime, thoughts?
duck

Re: Penn State Scandal

by HibiscusKazeneko » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:36 pm

So-called "upstanding" members of society turning out to be complete sick fucks is nothing new. I'm actually surprised no one blew the whistle until now.
HibiscusKazeneko

by fingerman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Joe Pa is now the pope and penn state is gonna try to pull a good old catholic coverup.
fingerman
Red Admin
Author of: The Pushers Guide to Little Carts

by HibiscusKazeneko » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:01 pm

fingerman wrote:Joe Pa is now the pope and penn state is gonna try to pull a good old catholic coverup.

Sounds like it to me. Religious ramifications and all.
HibiscusKazeneko

by duck » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:51 pm

joe pa got fired :.(
duck

by jesse » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Honestly they were all to blame, some more than others. Although Joe Pa only did what he was supposed to do, it comes down to morals. He really should've went to the authorities so honestly I think the university took a good approach to the situation. I'd love to see Sandusky get raped in prison.
jesse

by Spyder » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:33 am

jesse wrote:Honestly they were all to blame, some more than others. Although Joe Pa only did what he was supposed to do, it comes down to morals. He really should've went to the authorities so honestly I think the university took a good approach to the situation. I'd love to see Sandusky get raped in prison.

By technicality, the guy who walked in on Sandusky sodomizing the victim did not have any legal binding that required him to act at that moment (physical separation from the victim, etc.). Granted, morality would say that he should have done something at that moment.

A lot of people are bullshitting themselves, in my opinion. If they walked in on Sandusky doing what he did, would they stop him, as they claim they would have if they were in the same position?

I also think that they were just looking for a reason to oust Joe Paterno from his position. Most coaches like him retire around 60; he was 85 (I think). They saw no better chance at canning him when this fiasco reared its ugly head.
Image Image
Spyder

by Maringue » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:06 am

Joe Pa may have fulfilled his legal obligations, but this dude was using his football facilities to rape young boys.

Also, if you care to note, the guy who actually caught him raping a boy was junior to Sandusky in the coaching staff, so there are loads of reasons why he wouldn't go straight to the police, like wanting to keep his job. He'll most likely be covered by Penn's whistle blower laws which will shield him from any prosecution.

Also, I agree with Spyder, the university was already known to be looking for a way to get JoePa to exit gracefully for the past 5 years. So when they got lemons they made lemonade and used it as a reason to get him out of the coaching chair. I also think he deserves to get fired. JoePa could have fired ANYONE on that staff, made up some bullshit reason and gotten the guy out of there. That still would not have brought a child rapist to justice, but it would have made it a lot fucking harder for him to keep doing his thing.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by jesse » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:55 pm

It all comes down to the protection of their football team. That is clearly all they cared about. If they had done anymore then they did it would have resulted in some serious changes to their team.
jesse

by cloud » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:33 pm

Its a textbook case of a snowball effect. Man rapes boys, man gets caught, man doesn't get turned in, man thinks "Hey, i can get away with this all the time!" and causes repeat offenses. They should have fired him then and there, but they didn't for the sake of the coaches being friends, giving thier football team a good record, and making an attempt at hiding it under the carpet and hoping that it goes away
CSn's professional thread killer.
cloud
Donator
Hey look. It's that one guy.

Return to Intense Debate