Minecraft Server inbound.

All your blocks are belong to us!

Minecraft Server inbound.

by Failhorse » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:38 am

Per the discussion after the admin meeting. And a conversation later with Ackbar. I am proud to announce that CSN will support a Minecraft server.
Please discuss what mods you would like. And what would be the best donor perks we can offer.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Re: Minecraft Server inbound.

by Nikki Wolf » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:24 am

So, are we no longer associated with ShatteredLands?
Nikki Wolf

by Failhorse » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:46 am

This will be in addition to what they are doing. I guess they have some RP thing. Ackbar would probably be better to esplain.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Techercizer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Well if you pick Forge as your base platform, I'd love to see the Technic Mods implemented; Buildcraft, IC2, Red Power...etc.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

by LegendarySurgeon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Techercizer wrote:Well if you pick Forge as your base platform, I'd love to see the Technic Mods implemented; Buildcraft, IC2, Red Power...etc.

^ this
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by Amplify » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:19 pm

I don't care about mods, I always play vanilla. Also thanks for the server :)
Amplify
Tournament Staff

by doppelganger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Does it have more than 4 slots?
doppelganger
Blue Admin
It's like looking into a mirror.

by Ackybur » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:01 pm

doppelganger wrote:Does it have more than 4 slots?

It better! Ok Shatt servers are reserved and it's some RP crap. The only other server they have is a grief server and that's just crap. They also run a money system... and you can only trade in so much per day. You need to be a part of some village or city which you pay a tax to and to pay the tax you need to sell stuff, but they have a cap on selling per day of all items, ya dig? So, if you're casual it's more difficult to be part of a city. IF you're not part of a city then you are griefed, plus they have plots... you can't build outside the plot. WHATEVER!

This one would have more than 4 slots it's around 700 kb to run 24 people, which isn't too bad at all.

Here are some donation perks I think.

Credits (to buy blocks) we could think of a monetary system..maybe a free 300 credits for 5$ and then they can earn more from selling in game (no cap), or even just logging on.

If they donate give them a stone/iron pick that never runs out. Let it renew itself. Things along those lines

A free stack of wood every other week, who knows. These are just some ideas
Ackybur
Donator

by Techercizer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Ackybur wrote:
doppelganger wrote:Does it have more than 4 slots?

It better! Ok Shatt servers are reserved and it's some RP crap. The only other server they have is a grief server and that's just crap. They also run a money system... and you can only trade in so much per day. You need to be a part of some village or city which you pay a tax to and to pay the tax you need to sell stuff, but they have a cap on selling per day of all items, ya dig? So, if you're casual it's more difficult to be part of a city. IF you're not part of a city then you are griefed, plus they have plots... you can't build outside the plot. WHATEVER!

This one would have more than 4 slots it's around 700 kb to run 24 people, which isn't too bad at all.

Here are some donation perks I think.

Credits (to buy blocks) we could think of a monetary system..maybe a free 300 credits for 5$ and then they can earn more from selling in game (no cap), or even just logging on.

If they donate give them a stone/iron pick that never runs out. Let it renew itself. Things along those lines

A free stack of wood every other week, who knows. These are just some ideas

If you wind up running the Techic Pack on the server, people are going to be making something like 64 diamonds a day once they get their infrastructures set up. They'll also have the tools to convert those diamonds down to whatever elements they want, if they don't feel like bypassing diamonds entirely once they get a nuclear reactor and mass-conversion station up and running.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

by xbawkzes » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:51 pm

By the way, I'd happily pay a monthly donation separate to my donation to the TF2 servers on this. Especially if it'll open another server that runs the Aether Mod. That shit is boss.
Ninja wrote:Well its not like our admins are any good.

Unusuals: 13/50
xbawkzes
Donator
How to: Professionally Piss Off Head Admins.

by LegendarySurgeon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Techercizer wrote:If you wind up running the Techic Pack on the server, people are going to be making something like 64 diamonds a day once they get their infrastructures set up. They'll also have the tools to convert those diamonds down to whatever elements they want, if they don't feel like bypassing diamonds entirely once they get a nuclear reactor and mass-conversion station up and running.

Equivalent Exchange doesn't have SMP support yet, so they'd just have access to buildcraft, industrialcraft, and redpower, essentially.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by Saber » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:12 pm

I'm poor and I totally need something else to waste time that I could be using to write college essays and homework with. Will somebody buy me Minecraft?
Saber

by Techercizer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:28 pm

LegendarySurgeon wrote:
Techercizer wrote:If you wind up running the Techic Pack on the server, people are going to be making something like 64 diamonds a day once they get their infrastructures set up. They'll also have the tools to convert those diamonds down to whatever elements they want, if they don't feel like bypassing diamonds entirely once they get a nuclear reactor and mass-conversion station up and running.

Equivalent Exchange doesn't have SMP support yet, so they'd just have access to buildcraft, industrialcraft, and redpower, essentially.

I thought the 1.8 update of EE was SMP compatible?

Either way, they can still use a Mass Converter to make just about anything from pure energy.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

by Techercizer » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:36 am

Now that we're planning to restart/update the server and erase the existing world anyway, it might be a good idea to think about holding off the update for a few weeks while the mods catch up. It shouldn't take too long to do, since lots of mods have been working with 1.9 data.
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
Techercizer

Return to Csn| Minecraft