Sup, guys?

Request a ban or contest a ban here.

Sup, guys?

by Starscreamz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 pm

So, I'm in complete understanding of that ban on my alt and all. I mean, let's be honest we all had fun with that one at everyone's expense. "I hope you're not the Starscream I think you are." Though, sadly, I'm not here to talk about the ban on my alternate account.

The ban on my original account was/is silly at best. If I remember correctly it's been labeled as "Trolling" and "Ruining player experience." These tags came from the one and only Doppel who wasn't present, though I know you ominous admins have your chat logs and all, right? So, let's take a closer look at what I did and didn't do. I have blatantly called Phantom a baddie several times. Post repercussion from that I only called him a baddie once after a small 1v1 battle. Now onto what I think is the crown jewel of it all, the Owl incident. I asked her to not heal me. She refused. The wha-mbulance was called. She and I resolved our differences via steam chat. I'm sure she'd be happy to agree that we did resolve our differences in steam chat as well. Though we didn't agree to like each other we did settle the dispute and to at least be civil. These are my offenses all laid out.

My first offense of calling Phantom a baddie several times: I hadn't played at CSn for some time before this incident. During my abscence I had no idea that the holy mod-ship of CSn decided to go on a genocide of CSn regulars and wanted to punish behavior that was never punished before. I was at fault for not being in the know for this one. Yes, I was gagged. Then ungagged for whatever reason (Y'know 'cause the gag kind of stops me from using text chat and those who know me know I hate using voice. So, it was obviously a viable solution.), kicked, then banned for one hour. I admit complete fault here because I kept pushing buttons just to push buttons. However, I do want to point out shit talk is a VERY normal occurrence in all CSn servers I've been to. Even after this silly crusade most of you admins have went on it's still prevalent. I'm not seeing punishment for those people. Why am I an exception?

My second "offense" of calling Phantom a baddie once: I called him a baddie once. Seriously. I completely laid off after it. I made a single remark. See shit talk rant above.

My third "offense" of not wanting Owl to heal me: I didn't want her heals. I did ask nicely, using the word please, though that was overlooked. Yes, I did get rude after my pleas weren't abided. Things were resolved afterwards in steam chat. I think it's a bit absurd that it had to go that far but obviously everything is serious business in the CSn these days.

So, the issue is apparently me talking some shit time to time to one or two people even after I've bothered with it substantially less. Even in my few moments in CSn East Chicago 1 I heard more shit talk that I ever gave. I find the ban to be unfair because I am somehow an exception to what you folks see as a generic shit talking simply because I'm not some sort of best buddy with you. Hell, I was almost at the point where I barely even spoke in text chat aside from my awesome "Yeah!" bind. So, is there some sort of deeper issue here or do you guys plan to start banning anyone and everyone who says the tiniest thing to another player?

By all means, I have taken note of my faults, as minor as I believe them to be, and don't plan to indulge in such behavior again whilst visiting the magical land of floating Critical Sandviches, though I am keeping the "Yeah!" bind.
Starscreamz

Re: Sup, guys?

by Starscreamz » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Also, the z makes my name cooler.
Starscreamz

by Vetos » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:15 am

Vetos

by medkitz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:28 am

Starscreamz wrote:Also, the z makes my name cooler.

You are so right when you say that
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by Phantom » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:13 am

Calling you a horrible person and/or player is not a ban-able offense.
Repeatedly calling players baddies is called greifing/harassment.
I am sorry of CSn's poor rule enforcement in the past, which...................is why i warned you, then muted you, then kicked you, then banned you, then perma banned you.
And all you did after all that was come into the game with your "friend" and change your names to unusuals=skill, and admin abuse victim number 2.

Of course I should start at the beginning, when you and your friend told me "I didnt deserve my unusual or any of my stuff because I was so bad at this game." and so on About 10 minutes worth before I muted you.
After i kicked you you came back with the reasons i put as your name. and continued to troll me and doppel.
The best part IMO was when you contacted vetos and told him i banned you for no reason.

So, you knew not to harass other players extensively, it was ok when you told her not to heal you, i say ok but mean i couldn't do anything about it.
But you went on, and said "go away stop any medic but you will suffice." and one more line which I forget.

So all in all you didn't call me a baddie "just once" let me be clear on that.
You though you and your friend were ok to do whatever you wanted to me and anyone else.

So this post is explaining why you were banned, the real reason..............lol just once.
Westbox is still Bestbox
Phantom
Blue Admin
Resident Ballonicorn Expert

by Failhorse » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:04 am

FYI - banning admin, person contesting, and red admins.
otherwise shut the fuck up.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by Vetos » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:09 pm

If that was directed to me AFH, I've banned him myself at least once.

Star, you could have formally contested the initial punishments/ban on the forums like everyone else does. Instead you reconnected to get around Phantom's mute/gag during the first incident, after the first ban expired you persisted with the behavior that got you banned in the first place. Then once you were permabanned you used an alternate account to get around that. You've shown no respect toward admins here and by circumventing our disciplines, you've killed any chance you may have had at having your permaban overturned. Congratulations.
Vetos

by sparks » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Vetos wrote:If that was directed to me AFH, I've banned him myself at least once.

Star, you could have formally contested the initial punishments/ban on the forums like everyone else does. Instead you reconnected to get around Phantom's mute/gag during the first incident, after the first ban expired you persisted with the behavior that got you banned in the first place. Then once you were permabanned you used an alternate account to get around that. You've shown no respect toward admins here and by circumventing our disciplines, you've killed any chance you may have had at having your permaban overturned. Congratulations.

Honestly, I think you guys need to chill out. You talk about respect, disciplines, killed chances of ever getting a ban overturned. We're playing a video game here and I don't know if you've ever played anything besides tf2 or if you just got your computer 2 days ago, but every video game community has a ton of shit talk. Was starscream wrong when he made fun of phantom for whatever reason? Yes. Should phantom get butt hurt because of that and ban Star from a server hes been playing on for ages? lol No. I mean the guy has 20+ days played on your server and I'm sure he has other friends playing, you know people that aren't phantom. I wonder if you guys do the same to your IRL friends. Like oh you made fun of me, oh that joke was offensive, I'm gonna perma ban you. You are not allowed to show up at my friends house and smoke weed with us anymore due to breach of protocol and lack of respect. I've known starscream for a while and he is a really nice guy. Don't be dicks and unban him, please.
sparks

by Phantom » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:01 pm

sparks wrote:
Vetos wrote:If that was directed to me AFH, I've banned him myself at least once.

Honestly, I think you guys need to chill out. You talk about respect, disciplines, killed chances of ever getting a ban overturned. We're playing a video game here and I don't know if you've ever played anything besides tf2 or if you just got your computer 2 days ago, but every video game community has a ton of shit talk. Was starscream wrong when he made fun of phantom for whatever reason? Yes. Should phantom get butt hurt because of that and ban Star from a server hes been playing on for ages? lol No. I mean the guy has 20+ days played on your server and I'm sure he has other friends playing, you know people that aren't phantom. I wonder if you guys do the same to your IRL friends. Like oh you made fun of me, oh that joke was offensive, I'm gonna perma ban you. You are not allowed to show up at my friends house and smoke weed with us anymore due to breach of protocol and lack of respect. I've known starscream for a while and he is a really nice guy. Don't be dicks and unban him, please.

sparks making fun of me isnt bad. making fun of me for 10 minutes however is a different story, and its called harassment.
you should not harass somebody on our servers idc if its me or anybody else.
and please only admins related to this post here please.
Westbox is still Bestbox
Phantom
Blue Admin
Resident Ballonicorn Expert

by Vetos » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:06 pm

how do I reading comprehension
Vetos

by mrpikmin2 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:26 pm

sparks wrote:

did you really just make an alt to vouch for you? LOL, I second veto's hearty laughter!
Last edited by mrpikmin2 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrpikmin2

by Failhorse » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:48 pm

I am willing to hear someone out who has established themselves as a relatively normal person. We all have off days.
But it is not acceptable to circumvent a ban/ admin punishment.
Vetos, the contesting process looks a lot better when we're not antagonizing people with youtube videos. Considering the nature of the ban, yeah, doesn't look too good does it?
Substance or keep your posts to yourself.
OK then... Starscream. Giving your time in the community I'll throw you a bone. Get in contact with Phantom. Phantom, if he can convince you he is a semi-adult internet person/entity, we'll discuss a reduced punishment.

Catch that? This is between the accused and Phantom.
Otherwise shut up.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by doppelganger » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:15 pm

Failhorse wrote:I am willing to hear someone out who has established themselves as a relatively normal person. We all have off days.
But it is not acceptable to circumvent a ban/ admin punishment.
Vetos, the contesting process looks a lot better when we're not antagonizing people with youtube videos. Considering the nature of the ban, yeah, doesn't look too good does it?
Substance or keep your posts to yourself.
OK then... Starscream. Giving your time in the community I'll throw you a bone. Get in contact with Phantom. Phantom, if he can convince you he is a semi-adult internet person/entity, we'll discuss a reduced punishment.

Catch that? This is between the accused and Phantom.
Otherwise shut up.

This is the final verdict. Thread is now being locked so that people like sparkz can't make your unban process even less likely, thanks.
doppelganger
Blue Admin
It's like looking into a mirror.

Return to Bans