Unban DaBeeZy

Request a ban or contest a ban here.

Request: How long am I banned for?

by DaBeeZy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:30 pm

I'm wondering how long my racism ban is because I want to know if it's long enough to be worth me contesting it.
DaBeeZy
Donator
I runied Westbox 1...sorry

Re: Request: How long am I banned for?

by Touchy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:35 pm

WTH you are banned now?
Touchy

by Xxplosive » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Might as well just ban all the regulars
Xxplosive

by duck » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Xxplosive wrote:Might as well just ban all the regulars

he was banned for racism, he said "niggerfaggot" in the server and doppel saw it. both he and you, xxplosive, have reasons for each of your bans.
duck

by doppelganger » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:02 pm

You know the rules very well dabeezy, and I don't appreciate you purposefully breaking them "behind" admins backs. For this reason your ban has been made permanent. You can state your case but considering the above stated, you will not be receiving a pardon from me.
doppelganger
Blue Admin
It's like looking into a mirror.

Unban DaBeeZy

by DaBeeZy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:16 pm

I agree that the words I said are in fact against the rules, rules that I am well aware of. I also apologize to anyone of African-American descent or of Homosexual orientation who might have been offended by the words I said to my friend.

HOWEVER, a couple statements for me

-Precedent:
An admin was present on the server earlier that day while the same words were being said and no action was taken.
An admin kicked two players instead of banning a couple weeks ago for saying the same words.

-No Warning:
The admin who banned me gave no warning and also changed their name before entering I guess as a way to catch people off-guard. I admit, I have had an admin tell me not to say certain words. But I'm sure most can agree there was never a time where I ignored an admin's warning and continuously repeated what I was doing in a troll-like manner.

-The punishment doesn't fit the crime:
Honestly I understand if you want to send a message to me by giving me a couple days or a week off or even more off, but permanent does seem appropriate. Furthermore, in all my time playing here, I don't think I have ever done anything malicious or troll-like, so my record should be clean.

I don't know what else I can say other than I apologize for my actions knowing full-well what I said, and to the Blue Admins who are involved, I apologize for any troubles or uncomfortable situations I have caused in recent events. Not playing on Critsandvich would probably ruin TF2 for me and I love this community and the people who play it. I will do my best to respect the rules just as much if you guys let me back.

For those who don't know me it might be cause I mostly play on westcoast 1 and the occasional Fun Server.
some might say I'm a fun guy, let me introduce my self....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJBlrMzP ... ustangbase
How could you not love those shorts
Last edited by DaBeeZy on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaBeeZy
Donator

Re: Unban DaBeeZy

by Lucrio » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:21 pm

I think the ban was a little harsh, but overall he is a kind guy. He just plays around using those words every now and then (or in this case not really every now and then, but aside from this event). He deserves to be unbanned, or atleast given a 2nd try.
Making custom backgrounds. REQUESTS ACCEPTED!
Lucrio
Donator

by duck » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:28 pm

admin stand point: what you did was wrong, racism, you know is bad and against server rules and a ban was needed.

server regular stand point: a perma ban wasn't, im my opinion needed, dabeezy is a nice guy, everyone makes mistakes. though i dont think the ban should be lifted, a week should serve fine, he has shown that he is guilty of the crime and he will not commit it again
duck

by Phantom » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:45 pm

I will half to disagree duck, debeezy has grieved me about doing admin job since day 1. Every warn, ever mute, ever kick. I got told to relax, let it slide, use the phrase "client side mute options exist ask me how". I have warned him on what, 4 different occasions about bigotry and racism. He is a donor and regular, he knows the rules. yet he went behind doppels back and said "dont worry there are no admins around to ban me".

Yes he is nice guy, but you have grieved me for doing my job debeezy every time i have proof from regulars.

Will you learn not to use racism or bigotry when none around. The evidence says no, clearly by the video you thought no one is around ill just say what ever i want. What will you do if you are unbanned, the same.
Westbox is still Bestbox
Phantom
Blue Admin
Resident Ballonicorn Expert

by keeganzero » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 pm

I think we need some laid out guidelines of offenses and their banning period, that way to avoid confusion and controversy over bans like this.

In the MOTD it says "No bigots or racists", but we have no set punishment for breaking that rule. And obviously some rule breaking is worse then others. In my own opinion, the "Don't be a douche" rule and the "No hacking, griefing, or exploits" rule are two completely different levels of rule-breaking.

I'm not an admin so I have no real say in what deserves a warning and what deserves a perma-ban, but maybe somewhere there should be something written for reference so everyone is treating the same and we don't have to have arguments like these.

If racism is or isn't worth a perma-ban, I suggest it be stated in the server rules as such

Code: Select all
Server Rules

Don't be a douche (kick)
No bigots or racists (24 hour ban)
Listen to admins (failure to do so resulting in a kick)
No hacking, griefing, or exploits (perma-ban)
No Mic Spam (24 hour ban)
Play nice, and have fun!

On a personal note, Dabezzy is an awesome community member. Always a fun player to play with on the Westbox servers and the Fun Servers. Also his podcast's are hilarious and players like him are the reason I chose the become a donator as of recently. Would hate to see him go.
keeganzero
Donator
Facestab

by DaBeeZy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:51 pm

phantom121294 wrote:use the phrase "client side mute options exist ask me how".

Thats what most admins do....i followed in the steps of another admin who did that

clearly by the video

could someone post this please?
DaBeeZy
Donator

by GoDM1N » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:31 pm

keeganzero wrote:I think we need some laid out guidelines of offenses and their banning period, that way to avoid confusion and controversy over bans like this.

In the MOTD it says "No bigots or racists", but we have no set punishment for breaking that rule. And obviously some rule breaking is worse then others. In my own opinion, the "Don't be a douche" rule and the "No hacking, griefing, or exploits" rule are two completely different levels of rule-breaking.

I'm not an admin so I have no real say in what deserves a warning and what deserves a perma-ban, but maybe somewhere there should be something written for reference so everyone is treating the same and we don't have to have arguments like these.

If racism is or isn't worth a perma-ban, I suggest it be stated in the server rules as such

Code: Select all
Server Rules

Don't be a douche (kick)
No bigots or racists (24 hour ban)
Listen to admins (failure to do so resulting in a kick)
No hacking, griefing, or exploits (perma-ban)
No Mic Spam (24 hour ban)
Play nice, and have fun!

On a personal note, Dabezzy is an awesome community member. Always a fun player to play with on the Westbox servers and the Fun Servers. Also his podcast's are hilarious and players like him are the reason I chose the become a donator as of recently. Would hate to see him go.

Whoever the lead admin is in the server decides what the punishment is, also the ban section isn't for open discussion. The only people who should be posting here are Redmins, Dopple and DaBeezy. This is part of why most ban threads get locked.
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Bagger Vance » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:50 pm

I agree, it shouldn't be a Perma ban.

DaBeezy contributes a lot to the community and makes Westcoast slaybox a better place
Bagger Vance
Donator
Photographer at Daily Bugle

by doppelganger » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:05 pm

First of all, any person that SPAMS this post, meaning you are not me, or an affiliated admin, is only hurting DaBeeZy's chances of getting unbanned. Secondly, DaBeeZy obviously wasn't worried about the repercussions of his actions because he just assumed he'd get a slap on the wrist. Those type of people aren't worth giving a second chance. He attempts to represent our community by trolling and breaking rules? Is that the type of person we want representing us? Also, he does this stuff intentionally behind admin backs. I went into the server with a different name because every time an admin joins he makes comments like "shh everyone, an admin is in here." He made it so obvious that all I had to do was go into a server for three minutes to catch him doing something wrong. It is down right ridiculous. He doesn't care about the community, he cares about himself. Someone who cares about the community doesn't insult it's players or the rules. They also don't make comments about how a piddly $5 donation isn't worth it. I don't understand how you think or anyone thinks that there is any exception to this?
doppelganger
Blue Admin

DaBeezy Ban

by FlamingOwlOfDeath » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:08 am

I am writing about the DaBeezy ban, since the topic has been locked. I have seen the video of what happened, and agree completely that he should be banned. Racism should not be tolerated on CSn. However, I do have some qualms about making it a permanent ban. The reality is that for some time the admins have neglected to enforce rules and let many things slide, and many other regulars/donors have violated the exact same rules that DaBeezy did. Once again, I do NOT think that this is acceptable. They should be punished. However, unless they are all punished, I do not think that it is fair to permaban Dabeezy for doing what multiple members have been doing all along.

In light of this I propose an alternative. I think a more appropriate punishment considering the lax enforcement of CSn rules would be to ban DaBeezy for 1 month and then to allow him back. If he violates the rules again, then he will be banned permanently. This sends a message that the rules are serious while allowing a second chance for someone who has been a part of the community for some time. Please consider this. I do not believe it is just to make an example of DaBeezy. Thank you for your consideration.
FlamingOwlOfDeath

Re: DaBeezay Ban

by doppelganger » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:13 am

Yes, there has been a lack of enforcement on the West Boxes. I apologize for that. I know people have been getting away with things, but this is far from intentional. We as the admins can only be on so often, and therefore we cannot monitor everyone constantly. Therefore we rely on the regulars to help uphold the atmosphere that CSn represents as a whole. If you see someone breaking the rules, feel free to ask any admin to join your server or record a demo to post on here. I will not be making exceptions for anyone because others have gotten away with things, that is asinine, but I will say that if/when I do catch others, they will be punished with equal severity. Now I am locking this thread because this subject has already been beaten to death.
doppelganger
Blue Admin

Re: DaBeezay Ban

by GoDM1N » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:06 pm

I would also like to say something though I'm not part of this ban, I am a forum admin as well as a pink and blue admin. We have told you guys NOT to post here unless you are the banning admin, the person who got banned or a redmin. Instead of following this rule which has been said in this thread and others that DeBeeZy has been apart of prior to his ban, DeBeeZy has asked people to come here and post to support his unban. Now if that cant even be followed while he is banned, should we expect him to follow rules after his unban? While I'd rather of seen a temp ban myself, he has dug his own grave flailing about ignoring the rules to get a unban.

GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

Return to Bans