UNBAN Xxplosive

Request a ban or contest a ban here.

UNBAN Xxplosive

by Xxplosive » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:47 pm

STEAM_0:1:8906202 is my id,

I was banned for saying hey type Exec Lab in console... I didnt spam it just gave it a good says as a good ol' joke we was all having fun but a few of the admins fell for it. they typed in Exec Lab and all their binds and all their Input was reset so i advise not to type that fyi,,,,, buuut im a loyal critsandvich player i spend a lot of my time chatting there i enjoy the social environment i respect all the people usually got to know a lot of cool people there like hotpants dabeezy and a few others.,I really didnt want it to roll down this hill as how it got serious cause people didnt like it and I am sorry for saying it and advertising it i love you all and it was joke I am sorry. so please unban me i do love playin on the critsandvich server and talkin with yall. :) <3
Xxplosive

Re: UNBAN Xxplosive

by medkitz » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:50 pm

ADmins use binds a LOT, you might as well have said, Go f*ck yourselves Trololololololo >.>
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by Prof_Schwartz » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm

I, sadly, was the victim that fell for this. He tried to get another player to do it first, and he wouldn't say what "exec lab". I, being curious, decided to type it in console. Little did I know that it pretty much reset my keyboard, plugins, etc so I spent the next 10-15 minutes putting back the way it was. Snowsickle can vouch.
Prof_Schwartz

by Xxplosive » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:01 am

But all you can do is hope for forgiveness:) and learnage of the mistake my bad to you proschwartz didnt mean for you to do it i love you <3 hopefully soon ill be unbanned love the csn
Xxplosive

by medkitz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:04 am

Xxplosive wrote:But all you can do is hope for forgiveness:) and learnage of the mistake my bad to you proschwartz didnt mean for you to do it i love you <3 hopefully soon ill be unbanned love the csn

I wish you luck sir, despite the mistake
Dancing the night away, and then when I get bored, I go and play tfdb_float at the love nest... Again

medkitz

by Snowsickle » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:05 am

Two clarifications:

1) The command not only removes custom binds, but it essentially loads a config that makes the game unplayable. Attack buttons are rebound, weapon switches, etc. There is no "good ol' joke" when it comes to fucking with someone's entire playing experience on our servers. Combine that with the fact that the people you were targeting definitely did not have the knowledge needed to fix their config afterwards.

2) You left out the part where you spent the next 10 minutes taunting Schwartz in voice chat, asking him if he'd managed to fix it yet while laughing at him, and essentially declaring that your main goal on the server was to be an asshole.

I've had to deal with you in the past for micspam, so you've definitely had reason to familiarize yourself with the rules on the server. The fact that you're a regular only means you're going to be held to them much more closely than someone who just joined yesterday and might be ignorant.

Best,
New
Snowsickle
Blue Admin

by medkitz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:07 am

Snowsickle wrote:Two clarifications:

1) The command not only removes custom binds, but it essentially loads a config that makes the game unplayable. Attack buttons are rebound, weapon switches, etc. There is no "good ol' joke" when it comes to fucking with someone's entire playing experience on our servers. Combine that with the fact that the people you were targeting definitely did not have the knowledge needed to fix their config afterwards.

2) You left out the part where you spent the next 10 minutes taunting Schwartz in voice chat, asking him if he'd managed to fix it yet while laughing at him, and essentially declaring that your main goal on the server was to be an asshole.

I've had to deal with you in the past for micspam, so you're definitely familiar with the rules on the server. The fact that you're a regular only means you're going to be held to them much more closely than someone who just joined yesterday.

Best,
New

So does it remove the ability to leave the game / shoot and what not?

medkitz

by mrpikmin2 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:13 am

Snowsickle wrote:Two clarifications:

I've had to deal with you in the past for micspam, so you've definitely had reason to familiarize yourself with the rules on the server. The fact that you're a regular only means you're going to be held to them much more closely than someone who just joined yesterday and might be ignorant.

Best,
New

for a second there I felt bad about him getting banned, then I read this ^_^
Last edited by mrpikmin2 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrpikmin2

by Xxplosive » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:14 am

Yes, it makes you unable to shoot not leave game but moving and all that... and Yeah i was but i did feel bad for schwartz and honestly you took it too serious yeah i shouldnt have taunted him and told him what it did but it was the heat of the moment and yeah in the past for mic spam thats great man, schwartz didnt even take it as serious as you did snow i also talked to him about it and yeah i was a dick doesnt really need a ban for that imo
Xxplosive

by medkitz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 am

I was trying to be nice, but what you did makes me look at it from his point of view, and i am very very offended at what you did. I once had to go through it, but luckily i was rescued by a few friends. No one should have to go through that along with taunting from the Do-er

medkitz

by Xxplosive » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:24 am

Its not like I do this e'erday im usually chill with everyone and yeah ive had a past mic spam but I actually stopped cause of that and yeah all of the whole server today was insane going crazy it wasnt just me all alone saying stupid shit. yeah what I did was unfair to the people who did it and i am sorry for that but really just cause of that a ban? i would understand a ban if i did this regularly and made an ass out of myself it was a mistake and honestly a kick or a timed ban would have been fine but a perma ban seems ridiculous
Xxplosive

by stanley » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:26 am

no offense, and i know im guilty of this as well, but if youre not related to a ban dont post about your opinion on it :3

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by medkitz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:29 am

stanley the manley wrote:no offense, and i know im guilty of this as well, but if youre not related to a ban dont post about your opinion on it :3

Normally i wouldn't but i was once a victim of this [:x]

medkitz

by Failhorse » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:51 pm

You reap what you sow.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by DaBeeZy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:42 pm

unban the dude, kthx
DaBeeZy
Donator
I runied Westbox 1...sorry

by Prof_Schwartz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:50 pm

DaBeeZy wrote:unban the dude, kthx

Did you not just read the whole thread? He's a regular, he should know way better than to do what he did.
Prof_Schwartz

by Xxplosive » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:24 am

haha what did i do man, i came on here and apologized im a regular we were having fun on the server ,, you were spamming the whole server with micspam and chat spam laggin us spawning sandviches all over the place , you really took that joke seriously yeah it unset your binds oh god just unban me man i love you all i have fun on that server i have tons of friends on there and i am sorry for what i said please unban me fellahs
Xxplosive

by DaBeeZy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:42 am

People got mad because they listened to someone on the internet, thats all i got from this
DaBeeZy
Donator

by medkitz » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 am

Xxplosive wrote:haha what did i do man, i came on here and apologized im a regular we were having fun on the server ,, you were spamming the whole server with micspam and chat spam laggin us spawning sandviches all over the place , you really took that joke seriously yeah it unset your binds oh god just unban me man i love you all i have fun on that server i have tons of friends on there and i am sorry for what i said please unban me fellahs

If you were a true regular, you would be adjusted to the sandviches and the mic spam. CHEESE FOR EVERYONE BUT YOU >:

medkitz

by BoB Dolen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:56 am

DaBeeZy wrote:unban the dude, kthx

He reaped what he sowed.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator
*** 2 Word Rage Inducer ***

by Prof_Schwartz » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:19 am

Also, whatever happened to the whole "discussing the ban should between the banned player, the one who banned the player and a red admin" thing?
Prof_Schwartz

Request: Clarification on Xxplosive ban

by DaBeeZy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 am

From what I've heard this is what happend.

Xxplosive was in-game and tossed out a random comment about a command

A couple people then decided to enter that command and found out it cleared binds,scripts,etc...whatever
These people became upset because they were stupid enough to actually enter in a command they didn't know anything about.

One of these people was an admin and got failhorse to ban Xxplosive on westcoast servers
Also whatever mic spam issues he has on his record are stupid because plenty of people talk more then him.

After a couple days of apologizing Xxplosive is invited to the chicago servers by schwartz, he is then banned by fingerman on the spot

sooo....I would like some explanations or something. :x
DaBeeZy
Donator

Re: Request: Clarification on Xxplosive ban

by doppelganger » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:24 am

Although I am not involved, I am aware of both incidents. A ban in one server is followed by a ban in all servers, if xxplosive was able to play in a different server it was because the redmins had not globally banned him yet. Therefore he has been globally banned for the actions that you previously mentioned and jurisdiction still weighs on the banning admin, aka Snowsickle (if I understand what happened correctly).

I do appreciate that you've taken the time to ask on here about something you deem immoral, however, it is still up to xxplosive to get himself unbanned, and although I have no say in the matter, I would say that his attitude towards the mess didn't help, despite apologies mixed within.

P.S. You are certainly correct when you say there are others that speak more than him...
doppelganger
Blue Admin
It's like looking into a mirror.

by Cash » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:29 am

I must say that the permaban seems a bit harsh to me. People should be smart enough to ignore facetious comments like "hit alt-f4 to enable god mode!!!11!" and stuff of the like, and this case is no different. Even if he is a historical mic spammer, that deserves a ban of a couple days at the most.

Basically, I agree that this ban really needs to be given second thought.
This is a signature. Thank you for your time.
Cash

by DaBeeZy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:43 am

I guess a small ban would be appropiate to send some kind of message, but a perma-ban does not fit the crime. Also, in terms of Xxplosive defending himself. I have only seen him saying sorry and making a point for himself. He also reconizged what he did and apologized.
DaBeeZy
Donator

by BoB Dolen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:23 am

DaBeeZy wrote:Also whatever mic spam issues he has on his record are stupid because plenty of people talk more then him.

mic span =/= excessive talking imo.

Also from what I've seen he reaped what he sowed.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BoB Dolen
Donator
*** 2 Word Rage Inducer ***

by Snowsickle » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:30 am

Cash wrote: People should be smart enough to ignore facetious comments like "hit alt-f4 to enable god mode!!!11!" and stuff of the like, and this case is no different.

I'm curious as to what Xxplosive said during this incident that led you to believe that his actions were facetious in nature and not genuinely malicious.
Snowsickle
Blue Admin

by GoDM1N » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:03 am

This topic was already locked, we do not need anymore threads about this. We will take the unban under consideration in the admin forums, if you have any more questions please contact a admin(s) that is relevant to this ban or a redmin in private
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

Return to Bans