Rex Requesting Unban

Request a ban or contest a ban here.

Rex Requesting Unban

by Rex » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm sure most of you know who I am by now, for better or for worse. I was recently banned from critsandvich, for what I think was an unjust reason. Not that I was given a specific reason or warning for that matter. My assumption was that I was banned for "team Stacking". The map switched to goldrush, it auto joined me to blue, I switched with a donator function to the red team. I was then banned.

Honestly, I often play with friends in critsandvich and the number one reason for me donating, besides wanting to support the community (obviously), was to be on the same team as my friends. I like the servers, specifically the one with no crits, but auto team join separates my friends and I from playing together. So I am willing to help out the servers and cough up the $5 to choose a team and which ever class I want. If this is considered "teamstacking" then your definition of team stacking is greatly skewed. I just prefer to play defense or red on certain maps, but its not like I always switch even after a balance or round end. If you even look at my stats, my team selection is nearly even. Also the friends I play with aren't equally skilled as me so us being on the same team hardly changes anything, its just nice to play with friends rather than against them.

If choosing your team is not suppose to be an option for donators why even have it available? Why can donators be able to play spy or sniper when there are already 2? Why even have a reserved slot if donators are not suppose to use their donation privileges?

I understand that a lot of the discomfort for me comes from my massive amounts of shit talking, but when warned about my "racial" or "homophobic" slurs I have ceased, as for the other shit talking, simmer down, dont take it personally. Im just fucking around try to be a good sport like schwartz or mongoose, and sometimes sandman, but only sometimes xD.

I don't expect to get unbanned based on the impression that I've made, and I cannot promise that I will behave better, but tell me what I'm doing wrong and I will stop. Also, when you tell me, be sure to type it, and use my name. I usually do not have my voice enable on, and I hardly see text unless I know its specifically about me.

Cheerio,

Rex
Rex
Donator

Re: Rex Requesting Unban

by Ackybur » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:34 pm

That last sentence was especially conceited, but heart felt! I have never seen so many smiley faces used by Rex! Granted it's only one...so he means it. I'd also like to know why it's an option for donators? What purpose does it serve if it's not to be used? Is it just a cock tease?
Ackybur
Donator

by Mangachu » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:52 pm

I don't understand the reasoning of being banned for team stacking when donating gives you the ability to change teams. But I think it was just a reason to ban you. At least in my opinion you were banned for being a complete asshole in the servers. You've disrespected admins a countless amount of times, as well as Xeno with his kill message. If the trolling/constantly insulting/looking like a douchebag in the sever were to come to an end, by all means I would want you unbanned. But if it would continue, the ban hammer shall smack your ass once more.
edit: you pretty much explained it yourself and i didn't read it cause im stupid asdfgfhjmjn
I'm Mister Cevo (aka div5 shitnerd)
Bitch
Mangachu

by tehs4ndman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:00 pm

you've been warned on several occasions about disrespecting players (especially admins). Your team stacking is just another reason for the ban on top of your constant trolling and attitude. You are a regular, you should know by now what is acceptable and what isn't. You've had A VERY generous amount of time to change your ways and you didn't... Paying 5 dollars doesn't give you the right to be an ass all the time and disrespect everyone in the server... I support the ban

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

trade me!!! http://www.tf2items.com/id/tehs4ndman
tehs4ndman

by Techercizer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:03 pm

tehs4ndman wrote:you've been warned on several occasions about disrespecting players (especially admins). Your team stacking is just another reason for the ban on top of your constant trolling and attitude. You are a regular, you should know by now what is acceptable and what isn't. You've had A VERY generous amount of time to change your ways and you didn't... Paying 5 dollars doesn't give you the right to be an ass all the time and disrespect everyone in the server... I support the ban

If he knows what parts of his behavior piss people off, and he's said he's willing to cut them out if anyone gets uncomfortable. Why not give him a chance? Either he changes and becomes a good community member, or he doesn't and gets a banhammer in about a week or two; what's the harm either way?
I refuse to use
    Soda Popper
    Liberty Launcher
    Axtinguisher; Phlogistinator
    Stickybomb Launcher
    Tomislav
    Pomson 6000
    Quick Fix
    Bushwacka; Machina
    Enforcer; Spycicle

on CSn servers.
I don't expect you to, but I appreciate those of you that do.
Techercizer

by Harri » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:05 pm

Techercizer wrote:
tehs4ndman wrote:you've been warned on several occasions about disrespecting players (especially admins). Your team stacking is just another reason for the ban on top of your constant trolling and attitude. You are a regular, you should know by now what is acceptable and what isn't. You've had A VERY generous amount of time to change your ways and you didn't... Paying 5 dollars doesn't give you the right to be an ass all the time and disrespect everyone in the server... I support the ban

If he knows what parts of his behavior piss people off, and he's said he's willing to cut them out if anyone gets uncomfortable. Why not give him a chance? Either he changes and becomes a good community member, or he doesn't and gets a banhammer in about a week or two; what's the harm either way?

From my understanding Rex and Crew were given warnings before for being assholes? Anyone care to deny that?
Harri
Blue Admin

by Maringue » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:06 pm

There should be two people posting in this thread: Rex and the admin who banned him.

Thanks.
Maringue
Blue Admin

by Harri » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:11 pm

Maringue wrote:There should be two people posting in this thread: Rex and the admin who banned him.

Thanks.

That is silly. If people have previous issues with him, then it should be discussed. I seriously doubt this ban was related to this ONE team stacking event.
Harri
Blue Admin

by Mad Anthony » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:31 pm

you fucking suck
Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively. - VOLTAIRE (1694-1778)
Mad Anthony
Donator

by Rex » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Mad Anthony wrote:you fucking suck

See thats what I do, but better. And I get banned. :(
Rex
Donator

by LegendarySurgeon » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:43 pm

Harri wrote:
Maringue wrote:There should be two people posting in this thread: Rex and the admin who banned him.

Thanks.

That is silly. If people have previous issues with him, then it should be discussed. I seriously doubt this ban was related to this ONE team stacking event.

I have to agree with Harri on this one. Rex has been warned by many admins over time for team stacking, offensive slurs, insulting / disrespecting admins, sticky camping.

In terms of team stacking: playing defense preferably is considered team stacking because many Valve maps favor defense. By changing to defense constantly you cause the game to be less fun for the players who are naturally on Blu. As a skilled player you have the responsibility to play fairly. The donator option to switch teams exists to help players balance teams, not to help them move to the winning team or to help them move to their friends' team.

Playing with your friends is not, and has never been an excuse to switch teams. Being on the team opposite your friends is still playing with them even if you can't team up and kill everyone. Yes, one of you has to lose if you're on seperate teams. But that's the way TF2 works: you don't always win.

Your use of offensive language and your repeated taunting of newer admins has been noted. Your ability to behave around long-time admins is admirable but for the fact that it is a facade for your otherwise often reprehensible behavior.

As a donator you clearly have made some commitment to the server, which is understandable. If you were willing to improve and change your behavior I would support a removal of the ban for a trial period with the understanding that any even small infringements will result in a permanent ban with no further chances. However, you have expressed:
Rex wrote:I don't expect to get unbanned based on the impression that I've made, and I cannot promise that I will behave better, but tell me what I'm doing wrong and I will stop.

The hope is not that you will cease being offensive when asked by an admin on the server. The hope is that you will stop being offensive without needing to be asked. If you cannot do that the ban will no be lifted.
The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

LegendarySurgeon
Donator
☺ Dabbling Conversationalist

by Patrid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:44 pm

What You Get

Upon donating $5, you'll receive our donator package on all of our servers (the ones listed on the server list to the right, excluding the eniGma private server) for ONE month. The donator package includes:

Reserved Slots for All Servers—You can join our servers ANYTIME, even when they're full (don't worry, these reserved slots don't kick anyone, ever)!
Killcam Messages—type !msg Your Message Here in-game to taunt your victims: they'll see the message when you kill them!
Colored Chat Text—Your name will appear as [D] Patrid : What you want to say
Round-End-Immunity—When the round is over, even if you lose, you can't die!
Your name appears on the top right WE ♥ DONATORS list!
Your name turns green on the forums, so all can know you've donated!
Special access to our exclusive Donator Lounge!

^^^
Taken straight from the page set for donations

The list doesn't specify anything about having the ability to switch teams whenever.

Although I have had little to no problems with Rex, I do see the evidence from which some of the comments from you/Xeno seem to convey a douchey demeanor. Whether or not you mean to rub off in that fashion, only you and good lord knows the truth.

----- On another note, although I respect the opinion of anyone in this community, I'd like your post, Ackbar, to be more concrete rather then some hollow professing of your love to rex.
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by Ackybur » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Guys, guys calm down... He's more of an asshole then he's led on. He's really holding it back for all of you, mainly because he does care. Trust me, I'd know. He's a dick, but a respectful dick.
Ackybur
Donator

by Xeno » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm usually there most of the time that Rex plays. I do like my fair share of shit talking, but not once have I seen anyone say "If you keep it up, you'll be banned". I very rarely see anything more than a "knock it off" from any of the admins. Most of the racist/sexist/blatant swearing has stopped. Just a little trolling for people who we get a rise out of.
Xeno
Donator

by GoDM1N » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Techercizer wrote:

Hes alrdy been banned once, that was his 2nd chance
GoDM1N
Donator
Win a prize if you can read my avatar

by Ackybur » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:06 pm

GoDM1N wrote:
Techercizer wrote:

Hes alrdy been banned once, that was his 2nd chance

Yoooou weren't even around for his first ban! that was years ago YEARS I SAY YEARS!

(ie tfgn)
Ackybur
Donator

by Rex » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Alright it seems like the consensus is: I have to stop being an ass to get unbanned. Challenge accepted.

I will stop disrepecting the admins, but I will not stop talking dirty to them by any means.
I will never turn voice enable on and I will turn off chat, that way I can't get into an trouble.
I will not stop taunting after kills, couldn't help it even if I wanted to.
And Ill keep my kill cam messages to not single out any one in particular.
And Ill stop blatantly switching teams.

But I cant be held responsible for my fanbois (xeno, treize, ackbar). They just want to be just like me, I can't help it.

Ive never actually been banned from critsandvich, this is a first time offense. Everyone deserves a second chance.
Rex
Donator

by Mangachu » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Guys, guys calm down... He's more of an asshole then he's led on. He's really holding it back for all of you, mainly because he does care. Trust me, I'd know. He's a dick, but a respectful dick.

I don't really want someone who is trying to be better, but is still a complete asshole on the server.
edit: posted this the same time rex did .-.
I'm Mister Cevo (aka div5 shitnerd)
Bitch
Mangachu

by mrpikmin2 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:13 pm

I don't see how he can be an asshole when he just said he would turn off voice and textchat.

I hope they will still allow you to use textchat to communicate, it's hard to read your mind on whether you want a kritz or uber.
Last edited by mrpikmin2 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mrpikmin2

by Harri » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Admiral Ackybur wrote:Guys, guys calm down... He's more of an asshole then he's led on. He's really holding it back for all of you, mainly because he does care. Trust me, I'd know. He's a dick, but a respectful dick.

I don't think that is a good thing? Go to FFN, their admins don't care about how their server’s participants act.
Harri
Blue Admin

by Patrid » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:15 pm

Harri wrote:

Respect or GTFO

Fixed that for ya
Failhorse:Exploits are okay as long are you're an admin
ImageImage
Patrid

by stanley » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:24 pm

rex, youre an asshole and a douchebag, you know what you can and cant say, yet you overstep these boundaries on a regular basis. then, when youre warned, you cut your bullshit until next time you play, when you do it all over again. also, you teamstack constantly. your outwardly rude towards almost everyone in the community, and you taunt schwartz and sandman so much, that you were pretty much asking for a ban. that being said, i really do believe (though i probably shouldnt) that you mean everything youve said in the thread, and you will stop with everything. i do think that you should get another chance on the conditions that if you say anything even remotely offensive or teamstack, you will be permabanned, no questions asked, and you will not even get an appeal

however, i have little to no say in this and its really just up to the redmins. and i wouldnt hold your breath

Wanted: sassy middle aged black man, big butt, bigger heart

snowsickle: it isnt a donor privilege to spawncamp
stanley

by Ackybur » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Patrid wrote:
Harri wrote:

Respect or GTFO

Fixed that for ya

Or just stop taking it seriously.
Ackybur
Donator

by Mongoose » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:32 pm

I personally enjoy it when Rex pops on, I think hes funny. But that's just me.
Mongoose
Donator
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

by Shadow the Past » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 pm

take off ban, put on probation for a week, if attitude doesn't improve put perma ban back in place with no chance for appeal

problem solved good day
Shadow the Past

by Prof_Schwartz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Xeno wrote:I'm usually there most of the time that Rex plays. I do like my fair share of shit talking, but not once have I seen anyone say "If you keep it up, you'll be banned". I very rarely see anything more than a "knock it off" from any of the admins. Most of the racist/sexist/blatant swearing has stopped. Just a little trolling for people who we get a rise out of.

Well that's not entirely true. When your killcam message said "Schwartz likes big dicks" or something along those lines, I DID say something to you, unless you had the voice chat off. But yes I will say that Xeno has calmed down in the past week. As for Rex, well what can I say. He disrespected me many times, and I wasn't afraid to kick him. I just never did because I'm not one to kick/ban. If someone eggs me on like that over and over, constantly, including the disrespect and shit talking after warnings, then yes, they do deserve a kick/ban. Unless Rex can clean his shit up and I mean CLEAN it, then i support this ban for a while. I understand fully he wants to have a good time, but he knows the rules and he's been warned many times. CSn isn't about being cocky sons of bitches and pissing off players and regulars and being unfair, it's about having a good time, a great community, and to have the good word of the community spread so more players can join us.

EDIT: "and I wasn't afraid to kick him. I just never did because I'm not one to kick/ban." What i meant was, I'm not one to kick/ban without reason
Last edited by Prof_Schwartz on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof_Schwartz

by tehs4ndman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Shadow the Past wrote:take off ban, put on probation for a week, if attitude doesn't improve put perma ban back in place with no chance for appeal

problem solved good day

the problem that lies here is he has been given the opportunity to improve is attitude, yet all he does is disrespect everyone he plays with... i don't have too much say in this, but my opinion is he has had his chance with the previous ban (that i hear of) along with all the warnings that have been given to him.

youtube channel with tf2 vids xD subscribe!! http://www.youtube.com/user/tehs4ndman

trade me!!! http://www.tf2items.com/id/tehs4ndman
tehs4ndman

by Mad Anthony » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:50 pm

eat shit and die
Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively. - VOLTAIRE (1694-1778)
Mad Anthony
Donator

by SovietPanda » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Mad Anthony wrote:eat shit and die

I'LL KILL YOU OLDSTYLE
SovietPanda
Gold Admin

by Xeno » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:55 pm

Prof_Schwartz wrote:
Xeno wrote:I'm usually there most of the time that Rex plays. I do like my fair share of shit talking, but not once have I seen anyone say "If you keep it up, you'll be banned". I very rarely see anything more than a "knock it off" from any of the admins. Most of the racist/sexist/blatant swearing has stopped. Just a little trolling for people who we get a rise out of.

Well that's not entirely true. When your killcam message said "Schwartz likes big dicks" or something along those lines, I DID say something to you, unless you had the voice chat off. But yes I will say that Xeno has calmed down in the past week. As for Rex, well what can I say. He disrespected me many times, and I wasn't afraid to kick him. I just never did because I'm not one to kick/ban. If someone eggs me on like that over and over, constantly, including the disrespect and shit talking after warnings, then yes, they do deserve a kick/ban. Unless Rex can clean his shit up and I mean CLEAN it, then i support this ban for a while. I understand fully he wants to have a good time, but he knows the rules and he's been warned many times. CSn isn't about being cocky sons of bitches and pissing off players and regulars and being unfair, it's about having a good time, a great community, and to have the good word of the community spread so more players can join us.

EDIT: "and I wasn't afraid to kick him. I just never did because I'm not one to kick/ban." What i meant was, I'm not one to kick/ban without reason

voice_enable 0. Why do you think you never hear me talk? Y chat or no thanks
Xeno
Donator

by Failhorse » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:57 pm

OK that is enough.

As much as I enjoy these quarterly threads to boost page views. We're done here.

Leaving a few notes for the record.
This is the second time rex has been banned.
This is the 4th time ackbar has been involved in this type of situation.
This is the 9th time people have gotten out of control in a ban thread.
The rules in the ban section say the ban contesting is to only be the subject, banning admin, and redmins.
If I could put mad anthony in time out i would.

Redmins will discuss.

Lockie lockie.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Return to Bans