My short Spy frag video, thoughts?

You are the director. Share here

My short Spy frag video, thoughts?

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:29 pm

Advice? Thoughts? Opinions? I strive to be better and I crave knowledge. Criticism is appreciated but praise is appreciated even more!

Kim Jong Bob : Medic, yes!
(TEAM) |WBG| Tep's : gg med, you're the best!
WANT TO PLAY IN FRESH MEAT CUP : credit to med

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

Re: My short Spy frag video, thoughts?

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:09 pm

TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I wrote:Advice? Thoughts? Opinions? I strive to be better and I crave knowledge. Criticism is appreciated but praise is appreciated even more!

Btw apologies to Kaiuu for killing him like that at the start! :)

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Kaiuu » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:47 pm

TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I wrote:
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I wrote:Advice? Thoughts? Opinions? I strive to be better and I crave knowledge. Criticism is appreciated but praise is appreciated even more!

Btw apologies to Kaiuu for killing him like that at the start! :)

wew lad
Kaiuu
Donator

by Poppet » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:48 am

Being Kaiuu is suffering.

I don't see why you're running 1080p at like sub 30fps it's awful. I don't really care much for using low interp when using melee weapons I like it when I'm being shooty shooty but you're not even really using your revolver.

I guess you're doing okay. You don't have to play so aggressively when you don't have to. Revolver is a thing I guess.
Poppet
Blue Admin

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:07 am

Poppet wrote:Being Kaiuu is suffering.

I don't see why you're running 1080p at like sub 30fps it's awful. I don't really care much for using low interp when using melee weapons I like it when I'm being shooty shooty but you're not even really using your revolver.

I guess you're doing okay. You don't have to play so aggressively when you don't have to. Revolver is a thing I guess.

Lol I know I am still kind of getting used to the whole video making and editing thing (I used Sony Vegas 12). Would it have been better at 720p? I used fraps to record the gameplay (demos btw) at 60FPS although whilst recording I only got up to 30fps (according to the game's net graph 1 command). I'm a newbie at this kind of stuff, so what would you have done? I was looking up some Spy guides on trickstabbing and I seem to implement this aggressive mentality when I play subconsciously so forgive me for neglecting my primary weapons as it can be an eye sore for skilled pros like you :( The low interp? I'm just really comfortable with it for some reason, and I seem to pull of trickstabs when it is low. Yep, I definitely have to up my game when using my revolver:P Thanks for the feedback. :)

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

by Rumors » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Lol I know I am still kind of getting used to the whole video making and editing thing (I used Sony Vegas 12). Would it have been better at 720p? I used fraps to record the gameplay (demos btw) at 60FPS although whilst recording I only got up to 30fps (according to the game's net graph 1 command). I'm a newbie at this kind of stuff, so what would you have done? I was looking up some Spy guides on trickstabbing and I seem to implement this aggressive mentality when I play subconsciously so forgive me for neglecting my primary weapons as it can be an eye sore for skilled pros like you :( The low interp? I'm just really comfortable with it for some reason, and I seem to pull of trickstabs when it is low. Yep, I definitely have to up my game when using my revolver:P Thanks for the feedback. :)

Fraps is good for recording raw footage, but if your CPU and GPU can't keep up with Fraps your frames will drop drastically like it is. You can yield better frames if you did record at 720p with Fraps.

Another alternative is using another recording program like OBS that records in a compressed encoded format, so the file size is smaller and less intensive on your GPU/CPU. You kinda have to play around with the settings to get the desired results of 60 frames at 1080p, but if your GPU simply can't handle it, the quality won't be as crisp as you'd get recording with Fraps.
Image[/url]Image
Rumors
Donator
Penndragoon

by TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:03 pm

Rumors wrote:

Fraps is good for recording raw footage, but if your CPU and GPU can't keep up with Fraps your frames will drop drastically like it is. You can yield better frames if you did record at 720p with Fraps.

Another alternative is using another recording program like OBS that records in a compressed encoded format, so the file size is smaller and less intensive on your GPU/CPU. You kinda have to play around with the settings to get the desired results of 60 frames at 1080p, but if your GPU simply can't handle it, the quality won't be as crisp as you'd get recording with Fraps.

Point noted, thanks Rumors.

^^
Better Medic than Lia
TH3_SHAD0W_SAMUR4I

Return to TF2 Videos