Apparently I'm a cheater...

You are the director. Share here

Apparently I'm a cheater...

by AronTimes » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:32 am

Edit: Removed all references to the player's name in this post.

I'm an Engineer main. I have terrible aim and I can't do anything other than basic rocket jumps. I was testing the Soldier's Battalion's Backup with several different rocket launchers on a Valve server (stock Rocket Launcher, Beggar's Bazooka, Black Box) when suddenly, a Spy switches to my team after being dominated and then votes me off the server. I'm not pissed, but actually flattered that he thinks I'm cheating.

I checked his Steam profile (which I will not post, since I'm not a fan of witch hunts), and this individual is apparently a cheater. He has all TF2 achievements, which is impossible because some achievements can no longer be earned. There are two main ways to do this: use Steam Achievement Manager or connect to an idle server that will give you all achievements.

I needed to do some paperwork anyway, so it was nice to end my gaming session on a high note.
Last edited by AronTimes on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
My command is your wish.
AronTimes
Donator

Re: Apparently I'm a cheater...

by Poppet » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:06 am

Playing Soldier is pretty much cheating.

Look I don't care if you stalk a player's profile for them getting you kicked. But you shouldn't go naming them and hating on them in a post and video. It can start a witchhunt and is really really rude.

You probably just got kicked because you were doing well and they needed a limited choice reason to call a kick on you.
Poppet
Blue Admin

by AronTimes » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:13 am

Edited out player's name. Sorry. :(

Edit: I didn't post this to hate on the individual, but because I was so shocked that someone could actually think that I was "cheating" for doing well despite being a terrible Soldier. I guess I was so shocked that I didn't even consider that posting his username, even if I didn't directly link to his profile, could start a witch hunt anyway.
My command is your wish.
AronTimes
Donator

by Balubish » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:12 am

Yes, I know how it is beeing haunted down for making a mistake when I solved a problem, someone killing the server. Karma I guess.
Furious pro players and youtubers dont give a fuck about that though. I still get haunted after 1,5 years after ground zero.

Beware.

Current rank: Terminator
0% Kills needed: 0 (0%)
Balubish
Donator
I drink to keep evil outside!

by AronTimes » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:39 am

Balubish wrote:Yes, I know how it is beeing haunted down for making a mistake when I solved a problem, someone killing the server. Karma I guess.
Furious pro players and youtubers dont give a fuck about that though. I still get haunted after 1,5 years after ground zero.

Beware.

Sorry Balubish, but what? I'm genuinely confused.

Are you saying that you managed to figure out who was bringing down the server (presumably Crit Sandvich) and posted his name, so his supporters harassed you? Or were you the one whose name was posted and was being harassed by people? What happened a year and a half ago?

Please, sir. I am curious.
My command is your wish.
AronTimes
Donator

by Balubish » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:29 am

KaneAdamson wrote:
Balubish wrote:Yes, I know how it is beeing haunted down for making a mistake when I solved a problem, someone killing the server. Karma I guess.

Beware.

Sorry Balubish, but what? I'm genuinely confused.

Are you saying that you managed to figure out who was bringing down the server (presumably Crit Sandvich) and posted his name, so his supporters harassed you? Or were you the one whose name was posted and was being harassed by people? What happened a year and a half ago?

Please, sir. I am curious.

Short story, I banned a guy and his friend cause they were killing the server and beeing "noob" admin its not always fun to pop it up all the time and then some douches "high tier pro players" come in and kill it.
Yes thats actually a thing they do when they are bored I guess. :)
So I solved it after spectating them both for about 5min each I thought I saw choppy movement so banned them for general cheating cause i didnt know what it was.
They guy was pro player and a youtuber and took a big shit on the community and me by posting a video about it "highlighting names" and still after 1,5 yr after that happened I still get posts here and there from his followers :)
And no, I did not post his name he posted mine and the networks name and took a shit on it, cause he pro, he better than the rest of the world, he dont care, youtube pays me, ugh kinda lifestyle.
So yeah dont hang out ppl, its not nice. So dont be a salty fucking pro player like that guy and hang them out, be better than them. ;)

Just a little story as poppet said, beeing hanged out by dicks on the net arent fun. And before I didnt give a shit about pro players, just imagine how much I care about them after that.

Balubish
Donator

by AronTimes » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:59 pm

Regarding the toxic progamers in TF2, I've been talking to the TF2 APP admins about some semi-pros shitting on their server. Among other things, they seem to take a lot of offense at how the main admin of A Personal Problem is a woman. The amount of shit Soxxie has to put up with from assholes and creeps and creepy assholes who shit on her servers is astounding.

And then you have /r/truetf2/. It's an incredibly toxic subreddit, quite unlike the main /r/tf2/. /r/tf2/ is one of the nicest places on Reddit, and is the main reason why I frequent Reddit (I only went to Reddit for that sub, and it gave me such a good first impression of the site that I was able to tolerate other, less-friendly subs). /r/truetf2/ is currently infested by some very, very toxic TF2 progamers who openly flame other posters and get massively upvoted despite their terrible behavior. Also, the moderators of that sub refuse to take any action against them because they are pros.

teamfortress.tv is likewise a shithole with a dedicated subforum for shitting on and witch hunting people. WTF? It's called the Dumpster or something, and they regularly mock people on other TF2 communities and actually link to their profiles on various sites.
My command is your wish.
AronTimes
Donator

by Kaiuu » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:24 pm

[youtube=https://youtu.be/7gc-Ht8S6ns?t=3m37s][/youtube]
I'm just wanna say
bye bye
Kaiuu
Donator

by AronTimes » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:59 pm

Whoa, for a moment there I thought you were one of the mods of /r/truetf2/. Your name is one letter away from one of the moderators there.
My command is your wish.
AronTimes
Donator

by Balubish » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:33 pm

:arrow: Kaiuu wrote:[youtube=https://youtu.be/7gc-Ht8S6ns?t=3m37s][/youtube]
I'm just wanna say
bye bye

As I said Kane, douches are everywere that enjoys it to much cause they suck up for pro players.
Here is an example of one of those raging kids. ^^ Hows that milking going Kaiuu?

I tried to be discreet about it Kaiuu, what did I ever do to you that made you keep posting that shit over and over and over again?

Balubish
Donator

Return to TF2 Videos