[Pink] Spoon's Admin Application (closed)

Home of dead applications, both sad and proud.

[Pink] Spoon's Admin Application (closed)

by SpoonFox » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:49 am

Before I fill this out I would like to say I am indeed an experienced administrator and moderator. I worked as a volunteer GM for Earth Eternal (MMORPG) and have moderated some forums, administrated across different games (Minecraft and TF2 are the ones you'd know) and my last admin work was for TDC (The Dalakohs Creators). I was not enjoyed as an admin by many players because I didn't take shit from people, especially the ones who teased and picked on Admins (one admin even tried to get my admin revoked by -lying- about me banning everyone...) I lost my adminship because -everyone- lost it. The owner (Benjamuffin) Felt that since a majority of admins were abusing powers (I wasn't one in my opinion since I asked before doing) he'd 'start fresh'. In my opinion he wanted to remove a major trouble making admin and didn't want to lose this admin as a friend... But enough personal matters. What matters was I didn't lose my adminship maliciously, but some players did not like me.

1. How long have you been with CSn?
A) Hm... I think about a month... Maybe two... I wasn't a frequent player until a month ago because of RL issues and getting over the TDC Drama.

2. When can we expect to see you on our servers?
A) Between 1pm EST to 4am EST (Or until I get a new job when my schedule changes)

3. What previous admin experience, if any, do you have?
A) Refer to my opening statement. But for tl:dr... I worked as admin for TDC, some minecraft servers, a GM for Earth Eternal, I am a game developer (Indie) who acts as a boss for a few others... Hee, guess that dun count.

4. How old are you?
A) 24 as of January 17th

5. Any skills that can benefit the community?
A) ... Hm... I'm gay? :D no.. Wait... XD I'm a good gamer, some good humor, but I'm not a meme humorist (I don't use the same thing everyone else does really...) I like to come up with various mod ideas, I beta test (not just TF2 either ^^), I can make maps (... If I can get the damn skyboxes to work!!! But I do make maps!), I work fast, I am usually very lenient and tolerant... I can cook food! Shame I can't email it!... (Yet...) Overall... I think I can help somewhat.

6. Are you OK with jumping in an empty server to help populate?
A) >.> Was sorta my job at the old server... So I don't mind that. Can be fun 1 on 1 to just mess around.

7. To which server are you applying for admin?
A) The fabulous Pink one of course! (Fun). I will apply for others if needed. I have read the rules on all of them.
SpoonFox

Re: [Pink] Spoon's Admin Application

by Ninja » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:13 am

I defiantly like spoon fox
I've gotten to play with him a few times, obviously need more play time with him
but I think we can benefit from him
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by Vivi Hill » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:28 am

I've had long talks with him on steam. Nice, mature guy, and lots of experience admining servers.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Vintage Cholent » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:42 am

we could use more admins that are above the drinking age in the USA

“That’s not a knife. That’s a knife.” -“Crocodile Dundee”
JG:You are on a table, surround by naked dudes. What do you do?
VC: Leave the apple store
Vintage Cholent

by Repoman » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Id havent played with you yet, I think...but Benny likes you and I like Benny so TIME PARADOX.
Repoman

by Smeemo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm a little concerned since he didn't handle being trolled very well the other day (ending with a comment in the vein of, "If you don't shut up, I'll ban you."), but if Benny and Ninja approve a trial run, I'm fine with it.
Smeemo

by Ninja » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Oh I wasn't there for that but thats what the trial is for right.....?
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by SpoonFox » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Smeemo wrote:I'm a little concerned since he didn't handle being trolled very well the other day (ending with a comment in the vein of, "If you don't shut up, I'll ban you."), but if Benny and Ninja approve a trial run, I'm fine with it.

We all have tough days, and my words weren't "I'll ban you" if I recall (Since I don't have such power), if they were, then they might of come out wrong. *twitch* o.o

Anyways, as an admin I don't ban on the spot and normally I act different when it comes to conflict while working. As a player... I feel helpless, pushed in a corner, and bullied, while an admin I can calmly tell them to stop and they probably will. It's insane, I know.
SpoonFox

by duck » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:06 pm

make this man admin. I've gotten to play with him and he's a good guy ( though I have no say)
duck

by Vivi Hill » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Ninja wrote:I defiantly like spoon fox

I vehemently agree.
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by Ninja » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:58 pm

benny hill wrote:
Ninja wrote:I defiantly like spoon fox

I vehemently agree.

>.< I still dont know how to type I suppose
Ninja
Donator
Sgt Sarcasm

by SpoonFox » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Defiant Likeness is scary! O_O
SpoonFox

by Nikki Wolf » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 pm

I DEMAND HIM TO BE MY SPOON FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY!

I think he should get a position. He deserves it more than I do. He does have previous experience with administration, and he's a good person to know. I've played with him enough to know that he does get along well, and he helps out with finding those who are breaking the rules.
Nikki Wolf

by psyk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Too serious for a fun server and rages a lot.
No.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by SpoonFox » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:16 pm

psyk wrote:Too serious for a fun server and rages a lot.
No.

Abuses Powerplay and Curses people out on support forums, if I were the recruiter, I'd say no to you as an admin too.

Just because a server is fun doesn't mean it has to be 100% chaotic with no law at all. Apparently you didn't read Benny's post in my support post.

I'm too serious? "Stop your fucking whining and get over it." Some admins are serious, and it is those admins who help keep servers clean from trolls.
SpoonFox

by psyk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Trolls aren't against the rules. Its too serious admins that ruin fun servers and try to keep them too clean.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by SpoonFox » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:28 pm

psyk wrote:Trolls aren't against the rules. Its too serious admins that ruin fun servers and try to keep them too clean.

People who spam sexual voice clips, vulgar voice clips, horrible spam of the same thing over and over to annoy others, spawn camping, post disgusting sprays, insult others, insult gays, insult women, are allowed then? Those are generally the ones I do not accept.

If I were admin I wouldn't abuse my powers like the other admins, my fun is playing the game and keeping the jackasses out. While your fun is joining the server as admin and abusing powers while warning once in a while. It seems more like you warn only for your gain because you only comment on rule breaking when it affects you and not others, from my experience.

Hate me if you want, which you likely do, but I stand by my point. Where there is chaos, you need order to keep it from breaking.

I have real administrative experience and you seem to want 12 year olds who want powerplay to be admins. I see a few people who are good admins, such as Reaper, Meatboy, and Repoman, as well as Ninja. They do help keep things stable most of the time and will mute/gag if things get too fucking annoying.

And trolls aren't against the rules? You just stated your server is technically troll friendly. So If I were to tell people on a troll server to flood yours, you'd accept the crap that follows? I don't think you would.
SpoonFox

by psyk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:38 pm

I would because I troll them back... There are a crap ton of trolls on here all the time and I fuck with them.
Most of the other admins except the ones you listed are on trial and their trial is about to be up and I am not accepting many of them either.

what you said in server earlier and what you are saying here too though does reenforce my point of you being too serious.

So still a no.
The Asshole.
psyk
Blue Admin

by SpoonFox » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:41 pm

psyk wrote:I would because I troll them back... There are a crap ton of trolls on here all the time and I fuck with them.
Most of the other admins except the ones you listed are on trial and their trial is about to be up and I am not accepting many of them either.

what you said in server earlier and what you are saying here too though does reenforce my point of you being too serious.

So still a no.

Honestly. I do not care.

You will create your own pitfall and you will fall in it soon enough.

I am leaving.

I do not care about adminship.

I will not be donating my money to the servers.

My time was wasted on these servers.
SpoonFox

by Vintage Cholent » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:52 pm

Honorable Mr. Spoonfox & other anti-psyk peoples,

I know you (and Many others) may think that Psyk is a horrible admin, a powerhungry level 76 dungeonmaster, a worthless peasant, (insert expletives here). He is not a bad person, in fact he is actually one of the most dedicated admins who is online and populating servers when most admins (Blue, Pink, Yellow) aren't even online. In addition to that he also donates a lot of Jewgolds to these here servers. So before you bash him, any other admins or influential figures in the CSN community try to understand where they are coming from and their viewpoint. Yes some of them may be younger than us, but they do contribute to our community in many visible and none visible ways.

SIDE NOTE: If you wish to get any form of positive feedback from him (or any other admin for that matter) , put your money where your mouth is/man up and go over the admin app rules before you apply.

“That’s not a knife. That’s a knife.” -“Crocodile Dundee”
JG:You are on a table, surround by naked dudes. What do you do?
VC: Leave the apple store
Vintage Cholent

by duck » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:02 am

you must give respect before you recieve any. just saying
duck

by Repoman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 am

In accordance with your attitude towards other pinkies, Id have to disapprove your admin-shipness.
Repoman

by Smeemo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:29 pm

Lock this.
Smeemo

by Failhorse » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:34 pm

This thread has been locked. We have some new rules for applying for admin.
You need a sponsor of the type you are applying for. Find one, feel free to reapply.
Failhorse
Red Admin

Return to Graveyard