jameless can help

Home of dead applications, both sad and proud.

jameless can help

by jameless » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:46 pm

Hello,

I am in no rush to become an admin but I feel I would like to lend a helping hand and thus am placing my application here so you might consider me for such a prospect.

1. How long have you been with CSn?
I have been lurking CSn for about 2 months now.

2. When can we expect to see you on our servers?
I usually join towards the late evenings. 8-11pm EST.

3. What previous admin experience, if any, do you have?
I currently help run Pulp Fortress.

4. How old are you?
According to my daugher, 58. But I am really 28.

5. Any skills that can benefit the community?
I can be decent at some sourcemod programming, I know my way around web design, I moderate a pretty hefty forum, I love cvars (sick and twisted fetish I know), etc.

6. Are you OK with jumping in an empty server to help populate?
I don't mind playing on an empty server. However, I do have 2 kids and they hold precedence so I can't promise to be able to hop on at any time. But I don't mind playing on an empty server to get it seeded.

7. To which server are you applying for admin?
I mainly join the trade server but I feel I could help out with any of them so I suppose I would leave this for you to decide?

Any other questions you might need answering feel free to add me on steam and shoot away. I realize since opening the admin apps once more you received an influx of applications. I don't mind waiting to be considered so if need be you are welcome to move my app to the bottom of the pile.

:cheers:
jameless

Re: jameless can help

by NuclearWatermelon » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:50 pm

I'd like to put in a good word for Mr. Jameless here. I can attest that he has a great deal of experience administering, his current position at Pulp fortress is the equivalent to our Red Admin.

We have no formal procedure for application to red admin, but I personally feel that he is one of the people we should be strongly considering for it. Until then, I would suggest dual blue-gold admin.
NuclearWatermelon

by Failhorse » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:34 pm

I think red should be a time served kinda thing.... Maybe put this gentleman in charge of the arenabox and see what he can do there.
Failhorse
Red Admin

by NuclearWatermelon » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Just putting my opinion out there.
NuclearWatermelon

by Vivi Hill » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:00 pm

I know that Jameless is very active and helpful on the Sourcemod forums, so that's a vote for his sanity and maturity :)

Also worth mentioning, he coauthored a TF2 class limit plugin (not the one we use, though).

(I'm not sure why we use that older one. I guess it's just because setting convars per map is simpler and we don't need anything more complex than that)
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect." --Benny Hill
Vivi Hill
Red Admin
Master of Ceremonies

by jameless » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Ah thanks for the kind words guys.

Yes I suppose I should mention a few things I've done in sourcemod. I have mainly modified plugins to fit the community I am a part of. I created my own plugin to allow us to enable/disable 100% crits using a cvar, lengthen bonus rounds, and a few other minor things. It was too simple a plugin for me to post on alliedmods.net though. I created a new version of equipment manager that allows you to equip full bodied models on a player. I edited a mysql poll plugin to allow for a cvar that delayed the vote until after a set amount of time. I fixed some broken logic in a few plugins. The 1 that I am most proud of though was a simple change that I made to the Plugin Manager plugin. It made it so you could disable or enable a plugin using a command. It not only would do an sm plugins unload but it would move the plugin to the disabled folder as well (and vice versa for enabling). This is super helpful if you are in hlsw and trying to disable something without having to open up an FTP client as well to make sure it doesn't reenable upon a map change or server reset. This made it so we didn't have to give all admins ftp access in the case of a problematic plugin.

As for the Class Limit Plugin, I can understand wanting to keep it simple. I am always one for minimalism. Not to mention CSn servers tend to fill pretty quickly, so editing how many players can populate a certain class based on the number of players in game isn't really that necessary when it tends to almost always be full. Just a quick side note, the other one you use had the same glitch as the Class Limit I helped with until I mentioned how I worked around it and they then edited that one to include it. :)

Thanks for reading my app, and I hope I can be of assistance to you guys.
jameless

Return to Graveyard